Stargate : Command - ideas, suggestions, problems and feedbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
    SommerSDR, thank you for reaching out over here.
    I am sure her intentions were good. Sorry Sommer, if I was a bit harsh a few minutes ago. But currently the app is frellled.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Your frustration us valid and warranted!! I completely understand... I knew when I reached out here that I was opening up myself for backlash... Because you're all frustrated.. You've been fighting for good things on the app way longer than I have as my medical issues did not allow for me to do so. You're understandably tired and frustrated.. Just wanted to let you know that there are those of us that just started fighting and we're not tired yet..We'll try our best while you rest. Maybe one day I'll get tired too.. But I'm hoping that we can win some battles before that happens.
      I entered the contest because I care.. About Stargate, about the fans.. It's why I reached out here, why I won't stop relaying messages I get and see from all of you.. I think the main thing they need atm is to implement a good place for suggestions and an open discussion corner.. It's a start..We've already voiced our concerns to SGC and it's being looked at as to how to implement it.. I hold no grudges with any of you, I feel your pain. Just want you to know that there are some of us that are still working to make the fan relationship better. We can only do so much.. But we're definitely going to give it a good shot!
      Thank you always for giving me good information to submit to the site...There's no question in my mind how much you care for Stargate. KREE! ??

Comment

Originally posted by SommerSDR View Post
        In order to make money to fund a new series, they need the support of their fans.
        They don't need the support of the fans.

That's the sales-pitch in order to make a revenue on the Stargate Command website -- the subscriptions are their revenue, which could be much higher but that would mean expansion and we know that's never happening.

The only thing they need from the fans from 6 countries is money for AAP.
        Give them shiny things in return, like a founder's patch and an original gater title, and they will come back for another year.

What's it going to be next sales-term? A founder's hat? A mug? An extra-extra cool title?

In order to make money to fund a new series, MGM needs to find a production company willing to invest in the franchise. It needs people who can pitch them an interesting idea -- and they exist.

Origins was an attempt that probably backfired, but if I can hazard a guess than they didn't have much budget to play with, and Vanishing Angle probably had to come with the bigger side of the budget. Mercedes Bryce Morgan is credited as Executive Producer and Director (she basically funded it herself).

For the record, I kinda like Origins -- for what it is, a low-budget attempt at a prequel to the film.
        What I didn't like at all was the blatant spoiling of the entire thing by fans in 6 countries who couldn't keep their frellin' mouths shut. And that while Avengers-fans were perfectly able to adhere to the hashtag "ThanosDemandsSilence" at around the same time.

But from the looks of it in general, MGM doesn't seem to be in the least bit interested in bringing the franchise back to the screen. There's little indication they actually want to do anything with it at this point. Just milk the brand for all that it's still worth after 25 years, and 9 years off the air.

If they can't generate numbers and prove our support, no one is going to want to risk investing more and losing money on a new series when they can't prove sufficient interest.
        THEY LIMIT (ALL-)ACCESS TO THE SITE TO SIX COUNTRIES!!

Do you see how that's contradicting the support-plea...

They need you in order to move forward.
        Should have thought about the consequences of blocking 189 countries to content like freaking bloopers or Mission Files that I got to read thanks to an AAP'er sharing them with me (nope, not gonna say who) and explained quite a few holes in Origins.

Every person I've met working on the site and future plans, loves the series and Stargate.
        Loving stargate isn't giving them a free pass on how they treat other fans.

You would see a lot of caring people.. Really trying to make, things new and better.

Caring people are not afraid to come out and say expansion isn't going to happen. Instead they hide behind a bunch of crappy "we're working on it lines" or ignoring us altogether, or telling us big things are coming and then not deliver on any them.

Honesty is what I value -- without it I have zero reason to respect any of the "caring" people behind the scenes.
        From my point of view, they are a disgrace to the stargate fandom -- sowing division left, right and center.

...they lose everything if they isolate you...
        ...woops, too late.

We need to work together to help them achieve that for all of our benefits...
        To this, I can only say "quid pro quo" and so far I haven't seen much "quo" for my "quid" so I'll be taking my "quid" elsewhere...

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
        By the way, MGM would be pretty blind if it can't see how much all of us are already supporting Stargate, despite their actions. The Tweet Storm comes to mind. How is that not showing to MGM that we want more Stargate?
        There was literally not even a peep from either MGM or Stargate Command, and we lit the twitter-verse up like a freakin' christmas tree.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Normally we are a friendly bunch of fans.
        Just don't water us or put us in direct sunlight... moonlight... you know, Gremlins... (I never saw the film so I'm just guessing)

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Or as Lord Osiris would say : "insolence".
        Oh with that English accent which sends shivers down my spine... and mmm... delicious...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's been over 1.5 years since Origins first aired. Nothing has changed.

I believe in actions rather than words.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

If MGM -ACTUALLY- gave a damn about Stargate anymore and generating fan buzz, they would have not made their own crappy little site, but reached out to Darren and David and worked with them under the Gateworld umbrella. No self defeating country limits on inclusion, no stupid subscription fee's (Have these people not seen the kick-back from the play to win micro-transactions in gaming?? ((and at least in gaming you get SOMETHING to play with, we get two things- and Jack just left town)) )

This stupidity is compounded by the fan fallacy that bean counters always fall for, that the hardcore fans who watch shows make up the majority of the audience in the beginning of a show or franchise's lifetime. If MGM wants to make money it needs to appeal to a broad base, not just the fans. Contrary to some fan's belief, we are a MINORITY. Most MCU movie audiences have never picked up a comic, or logged on to a forum, or Reddit to talk about the movies, yet it is a massive money making juggernaut, not because of fans, but because it has broad appeal. The fans provide free marketing, but it is the casual viewer that makes the money.

SG:C want's some feedback?
            Put up, or Shut up.
            We have put up time, money, heart and soul into Stargate, some of us since the first movie, then the series.
            We have analysed, discussed, pull apart and put togeather EVERY movie and episode since then and there is nothing NEW to discuss for us.
            The carrot has been hanging out in front of us for over 5 years, and it's gone mouldy, bad, and frankly poisonous. Learn something from the divisions that now exist in the SW and ST fanbases (thanks JJ you TOOL).
            We don't need "hopes and prayers", we need action.
            These half-arsed attempts are doing more damage than good
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm sorry, Platschu, I saw your friend request on FB but didn't realize it was you.. Not your fault, my mistake, I missed that somewhere, I accepted your request now and will contact you in the future there, please feel free to do the same Thank you, as always, for your kindness in the midst of your frustration! ??

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                If MGM -ACTUALLY- gave a damn about Stargate...
                It won't let me green you but damn... VIRTUAL EFFIN' GREEN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  It won't let me green you but damn... VIRTUAL EFFIN' GREEN!!!
                  It's like the late night "paid promotional ads" on after midnight for stuff like erection pills...…..

"Hi, this is Bill and Bob from Stargate Command and have we got a deal for you!!
                  For the low low price of JUST twenty dollars, we'll supply you with a years supply of our new wonder drug "fanhopium", all the addiction of opium, but none of the high!!
                  Just log on to our new app (and don't worry about pesky background checks, we don't do background checks, cause we wipe your background!!)
                  Terms and conditions apply.
                  offer not valid across 98% of the global fanbase
                  side effects may include anger, despair and a desire to throw your device through the nearest stargate, but hey you thought of stargate for a moment!
                  sigpic

Comment

This totally wins the day.

Comment

GateFan1976: That was funny.

From Cruz1 on SG:C :
                      Censorship is not how you expand discussion Stargate Command, threaded discussions are a form of censorship, removing members ability to post discussions of their own making is censorship, The community is revolting against your lack if freedom of speech. Fix it or you will lose a lot of paying customers. Your actions have consequences, I encourage every member to downgrade this apps rating in the app stores until they restore our freedom of speech
                      SommerSDR has written this on SG:C :
                      Platschu, I definitely understand your concerns. There are many things that I LOVE about the new site, (Design, Factions, Topics, Events) & few things I feel it's still lacking. I also miss the open discussion forum, notifications, & ways to contact other fans/Friends. I've brought this up as well. However, it's important to remember that this is a beginning. The SGC's primary goal is Fan connection. They're committed to listening to the Fans & implementing new things according to suggestions & feedback they receive! So, please continue to navigate the site & offer your feedback!??
                      We have to appreciate that she has dared to enter into the lion's den with this impossible misson. No other SuperFan was bothered to communicate with the fans on the GW as far as I know. I don't like the word "frustration" as it doesn't really describe my mixed feelings. When you really wanted to love something, then they let us down. There is still no official word about extension, but we have talked about it many-many times. If they are not bothered to tell anything, then we should not bother to log in anymore. But I am sure the leadership will still have a meeting and they will wonder why the app are not supported by the fans, when they have done everything. Even if they have erased the past and muted or silenced the negative voices and tried to achieve mass mind control with the tailored threads. And this pretense of caring about the fans causes my "frustration". It is rather "... anger, despair and a desire to throw your device through the nearest stargate, but hey you thought of stargate for a moment!" So no thank you, I won't get fooled again.
                      Last edited by Platschu; 16 June 2019, 04:01 PM.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I hold no "ill will" towards the superfans, which is why in my more serious response I attacked none of them. If they want to come here, more credit to them, they will get the fan response that is simply not available on SG:C, HONESTY and a world wide group of responders.

I don't expect anyone from MGM or SG:C to come here though, more's the pity.
                        sigpic

Comment

Bra'zat roams the forums sometimes... He's a superfan, a geoblocked one at that.

I don't think Cruz1's call will be answered though. Too many simply don't care enough about the block, or the "censoring". They just want to watch stargate and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            I hold no "ill will" towards the superfans, which is why in my more serious response I attacked none of them. If they want to come here, more credit to them, they will get the fan response that is simply not available on SG:C, HONESTY and a world wide group of responders.

I don't expect anyone from MGM or SG:C to come here though, more's the pity.
                            If you read my comments on FH's thread of the past year or so, I was very optimistic at first and kind of went against her. Give them the chance I said, they need to establish themselves I said. But now it's been 1.5 years, illusions have dissipated.

This little business venture is a money scam, no more, no less. The Superfans are eating all the kool-aid SG:C are giving them and doing their PR for them. The way I see it SG:C is probably ran by very shy investors that are averse to risk. Like any business you need to go all-in or it won't work, you need to take risks. Especially in the Sci-fi industry.

They wanted to make sure there was a market for it at the beginning, and even after the fact that we clearly (how many tweet in that storm? in the 100ks?) made our presence known they didn't seem to want to invest that much more money to make it bigger. So that leaves us with two possibilities. Either they don't care and never planned to actually put SG back on the radar or they are still treading carefully so not to lose money. Both are bad business moves. The 2010's have seen a huge rise in Sci-fi production, people want it, it IS The time to make sci-fi.

Now that customer base is dwindling like a Popsicle left on the table counter and the boat has sailed. Good Game SG:C.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Hungarians have a phrase or common word "I don't believe even what they are asking". It is directly about asking and not about stating something as it means you can't believe a single word what they are communicating. Anyway I am getting tired of this whole SG:C situation as there is no win-win situation. We cry about something, they ignore us, than they beg us, we ignore them. So simple. We can't support something which has got such a horrible customer service. And it is not about time. We have given enough time to prove they can change. Fans have spoken, we have told them exactly what we were are expecting. Then nothing happened. No statement, no deny, no communication. Somebody has got these type of common sense and friendly attitude or not. But it looks like they are lacking of these skills which are essential to grow a business with a good PR attitude.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 17 June 2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Well for me personally, SG is dead until I get served new shows on TV. I think we've all done our parts to try to make it happen (some more than others obviously) and well, that's more than you could ask any fan of any show I think.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X