• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... trolling won't score us any XP.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just forget them. They don't want our help, they don't want our support. And they have even deleted almost everything from the last 1.5 years without an apology or regret.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Just forget them. They don't want our help, they don't want our support. And they have even deleted almost everything from the last 1.5 years without an apology or regret.
        I've gone back to my Proper Stargate Rewatch and I find that slowly I'm finding my Stargate vibe again.
        I also made a new connection on Facebook, someone I apparently know from the convention crowd in Belgium, who is also a stargate fan so back to regular programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Yep. I almost started doing the quizzes and polls then thought better of it.
          I spent the last year and a half amassing over a million of those “command coins”, why should I start over?

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
            Yep. I almost started doing the quizzes and polls then thought better of it.
            I spent the last year and a half amassing over a million of those “command coins”, why should I start over?
            Now we know what they were there for... to be taken away just like that... ... I'm almost missing their uslesness.

And also, everyone was able to be the same rank in the other place -- Ascended.
            Even that is now unreachable for most.

After all, I've already hit my ceiling with badges and I imagine XP points are not too far off.

Comment

Heya Platschu, I hope you don't mind me contacting you here since I can no longer do so on the SGC site. I responded to you on the SGC but since we don't receive notifications anymore, I wasn't sure you'd see it. I just wanted to let you know that I definitely understand your concerns about the new site..and you're not alone! There are actually some things that I LOVE about the new site, (Design, Factions, Topics, Events) but there's definitely a few things I feel it's still lacking..that a lot of the Panel feels it is as well.
              We also miss the open discussion forum, notifications, & ways to contact other Fans/Friends. I, and the others, have brought this up with them as well. We were briefed on the site before it launched and the many new ideas sounded (and are) very nice.. But, we didn't realize that it would be missing some key things.
              However, it's important to remember that this is just a beginning. The SGC's primary goal is Fan connection. They tell us this constantly..& Honestly, without the fans, they couldn't continue. It is the fandom keeping hope alive for any future Stargate!! So, it is in their best interest to make sure the fans are happy with everything!
              I know it seems slow going at times..but from our perspective, they really are listening to the Fans & trying to implement new things according to the suggestions & feedback. There are a few things behind the scenes that I've seen that make me much more sympathetic to them now and what they're doing than the average website user. I can only say that they genuinely care..and are doing everything they can with the resources they have...They're not done, nothing is final, so it's up to us to try to work with them to mold the new site into something that works for all of us.
              I do understand if you're not up to the task, as you've already done a lot. I'm just of the mindset that I know I want more Stargate in the future, and I know that in order to make that happen, they need the fan connection.. Which means it has to be better than the old site.. But not lose the key elements that brings us together. It's not always going to be easy.. It's an uphill battle.. But those of us on the Panel are doing our best to make sure it has the best chance. We'll continue fighting.. And trying to help them find ways to connect... So I just hope you know you're not alone.. We want the same thing!!! ??

Comment

Originally posted by SommerSDR View Post
                The SGC's primary goal is Fan connection.

Their primary is goal is making money.

Comment

Which they cannot do without the support of the fans. It comes from us.

Comment

Yup, they pretty much failed that "fan connection" on Day One, by essentially not involving them in the first place. If they did, then we wouldn't have the problems we're having right now, and we probably wouldn't even have Origins as it is now (which is a good thing).

Comment

In order to make money to fund a new series, they need the support of their fans. They have absolutely No reason to purposely isolate the fans. If they can't generate numbers and prove our support, no one is going to want to risk investing more and losing money on a new series when they can't prove sufficient interest. The website is their main source of proving interest.. They WANT you to like it.. They need you in order to move forward. Every person I've met working on the site and future plans, loves the series and Stargate. I totally get that you can't see behind the scenes.. I wish you could.. You would see a lot of caring people.. Really trying to make, things new and better. We All want more Stargate.. That requires money...they lose everything if they isolate you...We need to work together to help them achieve that for all of our benefits.. But I totally get you're frustrated.. And feel like it's an uphill battle.. And it has been.. But they can only do so much with what they're allotted..Just keep voicinh your feedback and concerns, and we'll do the same!

Comment

I'm sorry, but how can we support Stargate when MGM is actively and deliberately preventing 90% of the fans to do so. After two years we still don't have All Access, and with the new site even more content is locked behind the AAP. And without the forums, there is even less reason for me to be on that site, compared to GateWorld.

I wanted to support it since Day One, but I can't because I'm not the fan they are looking for (to quote FH). On top of that, they also didn't really convince me with Origins. If that's the way they want to go, I don't want to support them. I support what I love, which is why I spent almost a €1000 back in the day to buy the DVDs. I bought Stargate Resistance. I would've bought Stargate SG-1: The Alliance and Stargate Worlds if they weren't canceled. Hell, I wanted to make my own video game to support them, which is really impractical when I'm the only one working on it. I really dislike Origins, and loathe MGM right now, so I see no reason to spend my hard-earned money and my limited spare time to support them. And, oh wait, I can't even spend my money to support them. This is on them, not us.

By the way, MGM would be pretty blind if it can't see how much all of us are already supporting Stargate, despite their actions. The Tweet Storm comes to mind. How is that not showing to MGM that we want more Stargate?
                        Last edited by NickEast; 14 June 2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SommerSDR View Post
                          ..Just keep voicinh your feedback and concerns, and we'll do the same!
                          And where do we do that at the SGC? Is there a dedicated discussion topic or are we supposed to hijack another discussion?

Comment

Agreed!! It is absolutely not on us!! I guess the thing is, that I didn't know until now, that makes me more sympathetic is that MGM and SGC are not one in the same!I'll give an Example..let's say u You have a Parent company that buys a product they believe in..That parent company invests in the product.. It does well and they all make money.. Something happens and they quit making that product.. So the parent company doesn't give money towards that product anymore. That product wants to remake itself and sell again.. In order for the parent company to invest in the product again, the ppl who make the product have to prove to them that they can sell it.. The more they prove, the more money the parent company gives to that product.. Sometimes the parent company doesn't give enough resources to do sufficient customer care, but that's all they'll give.. And the ppl who own the product has to make do with the little money they allow.. So who should you be mad with.. The product owners who are just trying to give their customers what they want with what little they have, or the parent company who doesn't really give the product owners enough to work with. So again, knowing this example..I have more sympathy for those working on the site.

Comment

Dear SommerSDR,

Please forgive us if we are harsh with you. The active fans here (FalconHorus, NickEast, mooseman) are all frustrated about the "new" Stargate Command. I know that you are not directly the target or the reason, but I hope you understand why we are angry. Normally we are a friendly bunch of fans. You could have sent your open letter on FaceBook as I am in contact with you. Anyone else can add me (Ákos Tamás Nováki), if you need to feel my presense.

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...and-SGC/page73
                              If you check this thread it is our ongoing little chat about the future of Stargate and the wasted potential. We have shared very deep personal stories when the Superfan contest happened. And that is the place where we have cursed them occasionally. But we still love this franchise as you can see, we also want to see more Stargate. But SG:C has failed to unite the fans. They have lied about the gifts. They haven't kept their promises. But I still believed that we are worth of something, then this lovely update has happened.

I believe I have said everything important in this SG:C thread:
                              https://www.stargatecommand.co/discu...be-made-public

Well... I am here finally. The whole new posh app is slooooow and very confusing with these folders... I have lost all my travel quizes and summary quizes what I have worked for 15 months. At least some of them were saved on GW. Now I am not even allowed to start new discussions, so basically this community will be dead within a few days... I have tried to sort myself into a faction 4x times and it has frozen at the last question. I don't really want to be in any interest group anyway. Still no extension for other countries. So far the first impression is really bad and confusing. Sorry.

reply # 2
                              No private message options, no friends list... The only good things are the edit button, the ebooks and the gallery. You can find me on GW in the future as I believe it is time to move on from here for a while. I wanted to be less active anyway as I have felt I have flooded the feed with my quizes, but it still caused joy for a dozen people. So new fans can shine here if the leadership let them talk. It is a bad joke that we are not allowed to open our own SG related threads in the XXI. century. I hate cenzorships and I don't want to be part of something what I don't agree with.

Jenny replied :

Hi Platschu - you are - literally - one of our true Original Gaters, and have been a passionate/committed fan. Your constructive criticism in the past helped shape some of the decisions we made here. The not-having-your-own threads is not to be restrictive, truly. We are not censoring you - quite the opposite actually. We needed to be able to offer areas for you all to actually state your opinions and feelings about Stargate in a way fans could follow more easily!! Try it out with us for awhile, and I promise to listen and reply to the feedback. -Jenny
                              Since that I am willing to read only this "thread". I have deleted the app from my mobile and my tablet as even the logo of the SG:C has made me sick as it reminds me the good moments and how they have ruined it. They have betrayed us. They have deleted our SG social life for the last 15-20 months. I have lost all my hard work to help the app and it can not happen again. I won't participitate in something where the owners can pull the plug any time without asking us. My opinion hasn't changed. Occasionally I check the the SG:C, but I could see only a few threads have been started in the last few weeks. This is bad, unlogical and unbelievable. Or as Lord Osiris would say : "insolence". So I haven't had the temptation to log in again. I really miss the community, it has meant a lot to me like I believed for a few few moments that I can lead that little community. Then they have erased everything. I feel like Ashoka at the end of season 5 of Star Wars : Clone Wars. So no thanks, I am not coming back. Not yet. And definately I won't come back just to increase their numbers as they would feel they have done a good job. No, they have made a mess. There is nothing to be proud at the moment as maybe the new design means two steps ahead, but every other lost function mean at least 5-10 steps back. I am not afraid to state it that the new SG:C is much worse than the old one. Sorry, but if you are honest with yourself, you will agree. GW is much more organized. Okay, I will never be a "big player" here, but the activity has decreased anyway here. I really don't know what the leadership of the SG:C has expected. 10-15-20 years have passed. Have they thought fans will talk only about SG? Especially in "pre-made" or "tailored" threads? It is a joke. Still no word about the extension, so even the foreign fans are closed out of the opportunity. So what shall I do? Shall I smile and pretend how happy I am with the new SG:C? No. I will wait patiently and if it will be worth of coming back then maybe I will show up. But the SG:C has lost me as a quizmaster. I really wanted to demonstrate that a foreign fan, even from East Europe can be as good as any American. I have never been on a posh con, I don't have autographs or photos. I could simply not afford it. I was always insecure about the language barrier, but I still wanted to prove myself that I am worthy of listening and following. If you noticed I am quite good at Stargate and I loved and love this show as it would be my own. As I have said before the SG:C will be just a fading memory in the history of the SG merchandise, while GW will still be alive. Hopefully. And I have really tried to help them, but they have deleted everyone and this step can not be forgiven easily. Even the paying customers have lost their All-Access. I really don't know what have you expected from us. As I have said we all love Stargate or we wouldn't be still here, but it doesn't mean we can fooled into a marketing game. If we are needed only for likes then that place is slowly or quickly dieing anyway. And the sad things are that we have warned them on day 1 that the tailored threads are really-really bad financial decision and it won't work. It wouldn't work even with a new SG spin-off. People are not sheeps, they can't be controlled with such censorships. One of the key element or life philosophy of Stargate is "free will" as the Ancients would say it and it feels the leadership has tried to take it away from us. No thank you, I would rather "die free" as the Jaffas would express themselves. I can only hope that we will see one day that I was wrong and I have overreacted it and you were right about the shiney future of the app. Good luck, you will need it. Kree.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 14 June 2019, 02:04 PM.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

SommerSDR, thank you for reaching out over here.

Comment

Working...
                                X