MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I believe they have iniated the Lemming Protocol with this step.
    Who knows...

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Because Jelgate is here?
    Among other things.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just realized that the support email for stargate command isn't the one in that message... It's support[at]stargatecommand[dot]com.

That message specifically refers to TopFan, and when I look up that emailaddress... guess where it sends me: the FAQ of the DC All-Access page.

Comment

The locked-out deadline passed so I went in and took a peek.

@Nivao -- stargate command posted a reply on your "I'm leaving cause..."-post.

I already replied with how I feel about their, in my opinion, feeble attempt to -- I don't know -- apologize for their lack of acknowledgement for the international community.

Comment

Don't wanna rub salt in the wound, but what happened to that big announcement that was supposed to take place in Sept-Oct? Hot air again?
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            The locked-out deadline passed so I went in and took a peek.

@Nivao -- stargate command posted a reply on your "I'm leaving cause..."-post.

I already replied with how I feel about their, in my opinion, feeble attempt to -- I don't know -- apologize for their lack of acknowledgement for the international community.
            Thanks, I didn't even saw it yet (even though I do still check it now and again). I completely understand your reaction. I haven't been blocked and never had any criticism direct towards me, so I do have a different feeling. But yes, I agree with what you said about the Founder's stuff and everything. I'll think about writing a good response.

Though, I do find it surprising that they actually responded, even though I never directed it at them (though I think someone else mentioned them in a reply). Now to think of a nice response. While I do agree with you, I am going to try to make a critical but friendly response so as not to antagonize them too much (as I tried to in the original post). You know the saying "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". If I can be friendly to them, who knows how much I can achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Don't wanna rub salt in the wound, but what happened to that big announcement that was supposed to take place in Sept-Oct? Hot air again?
              There wasn't ever going to be an announcement, though they only said it at the start of the talk. The rumours were started but it was never a real announcement. But they never tried to stop the rumours until the very last possible moment.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                Thanks, I didn't even saw it yet (even though I do still check it now and again). I completely understand your reaction. I haven't been blocked and never had any criticism direct towards me, so I do have a different feeling. But yes, I agree with what you said about the Founder's stuff and everything. I'll think about writing a good response.
                Oh, I'm not going to pretend like I'm not bitter about things.

And I don't even know why the site locked me out, especially since it said to direct any inquiries towards TopFan, rather than to command support. I wasn't in the mood to find out, but it was just the icing on cake of stargate irony at its finest.

I certainly didn't trip any boobytraps or alerts (like language filters).

I have noticed that the code of the website has changed again, and that there are a lot of things that are "visibility:hidden" and weren't there before. Not sure whether that's because of the DC All-access app using the same template or because TopFan is constantly working on changing/altering the way the app/site generates its content.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

Theoratically there are some talks behind closed doors and maybe even Brad Wright is involved, but it doesn't mean anything. It can be 2019 or 2020 or even more or never ever. They have announced 2 new spinoff for Star Trek for 2019 after the success of Discovery, while Star Gate is nowhere. If I look back to 2018 as a fan at least we - the limited, priviliged fans - got this so-so Origins story, but the marketing, the shared fandom is completly disappointing. Then the whole twitter campaign, the false hype happened between the cons in San Diego, Vancouver and New York. CJ has lost all his trustworthiness in my eyes. It is sad, but I don't want to repeat myself. We have spent way too much time and energy in false hopes and promises here and on SG:C during this year, what could have been used on our families, jobs, hobbies or any other tv show who would deserve them. You know I like entertaining people, I really love and loved this franchise and I have found new motivation to rediscover it as I have made some re-watch, but even my patience is slowly decreasing. I have always tried to defend them, to find a logic reason beyond so many illogical decisions and to never give up hope. And even GW was also participiating in this emotional game, like they raised false expectations with new spinoff related articles only to crush the heart of such fans like me again. And again. Then even again and again.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm happy to say that my favorite show is back on TV and I'm enjoying it big time. I'm not talking about Stargate though. It might have been my favorite show in the past but those days are gone. I'm talking about Doctor Who.

The SGC and MGM have pretty much ruined the stargate experience for me. I was hopeful but that was obviously squashed with the limited access and the constant "we're working on it" BS. I hate to say it but they singlehandedly killed the franchise -- again.

It was a good run, they ruined it for good and when they finally realize there are still 189 countries to give access to, I'm not going to bother with it. That ship has sadly sailed.

I'm Team TARDIS. Team Stargate is done.

Rewatch will continue when I get back home from vacation.

Comment

You have been on vacation for 2 months? Im going to move to Belgium
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        You have been on vacation for 2 months? Im going to move to Belgium
                        Don't. They have a shortage of french fries.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I can live without french fries
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Nah, I took a rewatch sabatical... or something.

We have a shortage? I hadn't noticed.

Comment

Nah, I took a rewatch sabatical... or something.

We have a shortage? I hadn't noticed.
                              Published this Summer:

The next victim of this summer of weather hell is french fries. Well, technically potatoes. Harvests in Germany and throughout Europe are suffering due to an ongoing drought. The situation is so bad that a German trade group raised the alarm Tuesday over a potential potato shortage in the coming months.

Now what will we stuff our faces with when the existential dread surrounding climate change comes crashing down?

The German Association of the Fruit, Vegetable, and Potato Processing Industry BOGK announced it expects fewer and lower-quality potatoes this season and a 25 percent loss in revenue across the agricultural and potato-processing industries. That includes larger potatoes necessary to mass produce our beloved french fries.

“Due to increasing dryness and heat, the individual potato plants are increasingly under stress and stop the growth of the plant,” the association wrote. “Irrigation—if it is even possible or permitted—is of little use in this situation, according to experts from the potato producers.”
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I'm happy to say that my favorite show is back on TV and I'm enjoying it big time. I'm not talking about Stargate though. It might have been my favorite show in the past but those days are gone. I'm talking about Doctor Who.

The SGC and MGM have pretty much ruined the stargate experience for me. I was hopeful but that was obviously squashed with the limited access and the constant "we're working on it" BS. I hate to say it but they singlehandedly killed the franchise -- again.

It was a good run, they ruined it for good and when they finally realize there are still 189 countries to give access to, I'm not going to bother with it. That ship has sadly sailed.

I'm Team TARDIS. Team Stargate is done.

Rewatch will continue when I get back home from vacation.
                                I have the same, though for me it's the Arrowverse (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, etc.). Especially after the first full crossover between Arrow and Flash, which was just incredibly fun to see all those characters interacting; and I think it's only getting better with the other shows once I get around to them. Since it's filmed entirely in Vancouver (the skylines of Starling City and Central City look suspiciously like Vancouver), and it has a few actors that (guest)-starred in Stargate, I'm quite happy. Though I'm still sad Colonel Mitchell is a murderer and traitor, and Captain Jack Harkness is a psychopath.

Actually, I'm getting the same tense and excited feelings I have when watching Stargate, so I don't see a reason to go back any time soon. Doesn't mean I never will though.
                                Last edited by NickEast; 05 November 2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X