Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    This?

or this

Legacy- quality memes for you right there
    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
      I don't get why people would go up and defend MGM. It doesn't matter if people know how "Hollywood" works (funny, since Stargate is Canadian by origin), they over-hyped "Stargate is back" and under-delivered, made promises they didn't, or barely, kept, and are otherwise staying completely silent.
      They most certainly overhyped... like way overhyped and then weren't able to deliver on the hype.

Probably miscalculated on a whole.

And after 3 1/2 months since the SuperFan contest, they still haven't contacted me. What am I supposed to believe? That everything is going to be fine? A very old and over-used meme comes to mind right now.
      Seriously...

As if public relations wasn't bad enough already.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Of course, so is MGM/Stargate Command. Hell, I don't even know what-is-what and who-is-who anymore. What is "Stargate Command"? Who are the people behind it? Who do they work for? How is MGM involved behind-the-scenes? Who are organizing the and/or participating in the panels at conferences?

The very weird and ironic thing is, I want to stay involved with Stargate and the fandom, but the only things I can come up with are complaining or asking about progress. I have no idea what else I can do, besides the very ambitious but probably unrealistic or unwanted ideas for the wiki, a video game, or comics. Or by talking about those ideas, which is what I'm doing now and probably too much

Comment

I'm starting to sound like a broken record.
          Not broken, must have let it on repeat... I know mine's a bit wonky at times -- sticks on repeat a whole lot sometimes.

Of course, so is MGM/Stargate Command.
          That's because they have a patent on it --> "working on it" (c) MGM/Stargate Command

Hell, I don't even know what-is-what and who-is-who anymore.
          The big question you gotta wonder about...

What is "Stargate Command"?
          From the FAQ:
          Stargate Command is the official destination and community for all things STARGATE, including a variety of STARGATE content from the franchise’s nearly 25-year history. Visitors can read news, engage with content, get a behind-the-scenes look at the Stargate Origins production, and more.

Note: I googled so technically didn't break my no-going-back-rule.

Who are the people behind it?
          I know there's Kieran Dickson (or whatever his last name is). Jenny Stiven. That dude that worked for Gateworld once and then decided to cross to the dark side... not Darren... the other dude -- David something? ... David Read (I just remembered)

Who do they work for?
          They work as independent consultants for MGM -- at least Jenny does (linkedIn profile).

And here's Kieran's LinkedIn profile -- he's actually employed by MGM according to his profile.

How is MGM involved behind-the-scenes?
          Kieran's the only direct MGM connection. They probably only pay the bills for the website/app hosting and probably need to be kept in the loop to sign off on things. No clue really... just guessing.

Who are organizing the and/or participating in the panels at conferences?
          Surprising that's neither Command or MGM, but Legion M.

They are the driving force behind the booths (always sharing with Command) and the extra-curricular events are generally always organized by Legion M. In fact, you have to be a member to get access to the events now at SDCC -- they do have a free membership tier which means you don't have to buy your way into their group (that'll give you first choice though).

No member, no access to the limited access events.

Cal Mah in the UK is proud to work with Stargate Command/Legion M, and when I pointed out how they are still limiting access to all but 6 countries I got the "yeah but they are working hard on it" bull**** explanation.

I've probably been blacklisted now -- they're too expensive anyways to even consider as a potention event.

The very weird and ironic thing is, I want to stay involved with Stargate and the fandom, but the only things I can come up with are complaining or asking about progress. I have no idea what else I can do, besides the very ambitious but probably unrealistic or unwanted ideas for the wiki, a video game, or comics. Or by talking about those ideas, which is what I'm doing now and probably too much
          I suggest you do what you do, and stay as far away from anything even remotely connected to Command.

They are quite good at ignoring you if you complain too much, and most don't care anyway. As long as they get their precious founding member's patch, they'll continue to pay for that toxic place and defend it till it all comes crashing down, and long after that.

If the French fans are to be believed, the superfans had to sign an NDA agreement, so you won't find them standing up for the community if it doesn't fit in with Stargate Command "community" feel. They'll just spout the same bull**** their masters tell them to spout.

And considering most are total strangers to the community they supposedly represent, they are probably just in it for personal gain.

Comment

^ Funnily enough, this is basically what I expected.

I would trust that if MGM themselves really want Stargate to return and bigger than ever, they would involve themselves a lot more with Stargate Command and the community rather than staying on the side lines.

It doesn't matter whether they really are working on something, we the fans only get to see what they want us to see and they don't show us anything. So what are we supposed to think?

Add to that the fact that the new site is even more restrictive than the old one, and what other conclusion can we make than that MGM doesn't care? Okay, I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.

I also discovered the SGC site is directly linking to the Fandom wiki... not that I truly care about my Wiki somehow becoming an "official" wiki (ego much ). But this does clarify some things. I actually think they used the Fandom wiki, mess and all, to write Origins. That would explain the discrepancies with the Nazis.

Comment

I also discovered the SGC site is directly linking to the Fandom wiki... not that I truly care about my Wiki somehow becoming an "official" wiki (ego much ). But this does clarify some things. I actually think they used the Fandom wiki, mess and all, to write Origins. That would explain the discrepancies with the Nazis.
              I saw that when I googled for the faq. Though I thought my eyes were just mixing up two links. Apparently I wasn't then.

The difference between that wiki and yours... yours will be better because you won't allow a single detail to escape your stargate-eye. It's all in the details my friend, all in the details.

Comment

Founders Patch arrived in an small envelope. Came from LMGCO, LLC in Costa Mesa, CA. No clue who are the new makers.

Comment

That's a lot of letters...

I think I've found the company the letters belong to: Lescher Marketing Group

They have an in-house design team so I reckon they made the design, and ordered the prints.

But hey, they are just in time .... to entice everyone to re-up ... oh wait, no... "founding members" already have 3 more extra months before they'll be asked to pay again, or get billed automatically for another year.

I've blocked 3 'founding members' on twitter so far. I promise I won't block you too.

Comment

Yikes... just scrolled past a reply from Mark Haynes, one of the folks who worked on the American Mytho comics:

If you've ever wondered why there aren't more #stargate products or why every other sci-fi franchise is being revived besides STARGATE, look no further then @MGM_Studios. There are creators lined up around the block to do it, the studio is just impossible to work with.
                    I guess we're not the only peeps who've noticed...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Yikes... just scrolled past a reply from Mark Haynes, one of the folks who worked on the American Mytho comics:

I guess we're not the only peeps who've noticed...
                      And he hits the nail on the head. There truly are an incredible amount of people lined up to bring Stargate back, some of the original writers and actors included. And myself as well. And based on all accounts, MGM indeed simply doesn't care. Or they do care, but they want to do it their way without listening to those who truly care, which isn't at all improbable considering how they set up "Stargate Command".

Comment

I don't get why people would go up and defend MGM. It doesn't matter if people know how "Hollywood" works
                        Weird, cause Hollywood is currently opening all registers to find old content to reboot. Anything remotely popular or with an audience gets thrown in the big ol reboot machine. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or has merit (hello, Lion King Live Action reboot. Because real lions are so expressive!). Stargate hits basically all the boxes: people willing to remake it, MGM has money again, there's a fandom for it, and while it was never a Star Wars, it wasn't a Firefly either.

If MGM was like Hollywood, we'd be knee deep in Stargate.

Comment

And he hits the nail on the head. There truly are an incredible amount of people lined up to bring Stargate back, some of the original writers and actors included. And myself as well. And based on all accounts, MGM indeed simply doesn't care. Or they do care, but they want to do it their way without listening to those who truly care, which isn't at all improbable considering how they set up "Stargate Command".
                          Which also doesn't bode well for that role play game...

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          If MGM was like Hollywood, we'd be knee deep in Stargate.
                          I'm trying to picture this...

Comment

If I get my patch, what would be a miracle then I am more than happy to give it to you NickEast or Falcon Horus as I will never use it and I have got 2 similar patches already. But I doubt it will ever arrive...
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              If I get my patch, what would be a miracle then I am more than happy to give it to you NickEast or Falcon Horus as I will never use it and I have got 2 similar patches already. But I doubt it will ever arrive...
                              Return to sender?

You could burn it and put the video on youtube or twitter... That's all the rage, I hear, when you get something you don't actually liked to begin with. Put it through a shredder... drag it through some English mud. Find it a good home in a dung heap... OH ...got any cows in the neighborhood, they always make the best dung pies.

Comment

lol Sounds like a plan, FH.

Comment

Working...
                                X