No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what the French Stargate fanpage -- Stargate-Fusion -- found on the world wide web:

The Narrative -- Research and Production Assistent for the Stargate franchise

RESEARCH AND PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (STARGATE FRANCHISE)
    If you love Stargate, Doctor Who, Firefly and anything to do with space and time, this is the role for you! You’ll be a dedicated Research and Production Assistant on our Stargate team: brainstorming ideas, creating content, managing super passionate contributors and bringing massively good vibes to the office. Prior experience in tech, consulting, media or editorial is preferred.

Basically someone like Jenny Stiven -- if you look her up on LinkedIn, you'll know what I mean.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As if they're going to hire someone who is dedicated to Stargate...

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
        As if they're going to hire someone who is dedicated to Stargate...
        They are looking for someone with these skillsets --> prior experience in tech, consulting, media or editorial is preferred.

They're not looking for someone who knows something about stargate. That's just a bonus.

Comment

So what is the job offer? Why are they looking for an assistant? Will they be part of a brainstorming team for a new SG show or any SG related merchandise products? Is it not just a joke?
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

That's not what the description says. Obviously they need certain skills for the job, but the text you quoted includes "if you love Stargate" and "brainstorming ideas, ..." If such a job means working on Stargate, then IMO being dedicated to the franchise is a must in order to get good ideas. If they hire someone who only cares about the job, that's when you get these problems that we're having right now. And that is why I said they're not going to hire someone who cares about Stargate; they're going to hire someone who can do the job and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              So what is the job offer? Why are they looking for an assistant? Will they be part of a brainstorming team for a new SG show or any SG related merchandise products? Is it not just a joke?
              The Narrative is a company based in London (UK). This position is also for their London office.

This is what their introductory line says on their homepage...

The Narrative has leveled up, we're taking our bespoke process of fresh filmmaking style and fandom building experience to the world's most beloved franchises that will change the entertainment industry...

Know what that sounds like -- Stargate Command.

Because here's what they say on their "About" page:

The Narrative is a digital production company and entertainment studio. We’re the pioneering company behind BBC Worldwide’s first-ever digital series. We create premium digital content, integrating it into our own and existing 3rd Party IP. Every project we create is built on the foundation of our data driven processes, unrivalled understanding of online audiences and the platforms where they spend time. We build loyal communities around our IP and turn to these communities to test and iterate new ideas. Currently, we have exciting projects with MGM, Warner Bros, and the BBC.

We are also creators of TTP, the Trust to Transaction Playbook, a digital strategy process developed over the last 7 years with our experience in: 1) Facebook Games & in-game transactions; 2) YouTube channels extending to merchandise; 3) Our adventure travel series with BBC Worldwide, which included merchandise and events. The TTP is the foundation of our projects.
              Know what that sounds like --> TopFan

MGM has a London office overseeing the European market... Could it be they are actually thinking about expanding after all? Are we really gonna be that lucky?

Because I have one message for them: TOO FREAKIN' LATE!

Comment

So they are looking for a SuperOfficeFan or OfficeSuperFan. it is so confusing. If it would be really Stargate related job, then they wouldn't have mentioned Doctor Who or Firefly. So I am guessing it must be some general secretary job in the scifi industry.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It's a paying job so not a superfan thing. They need someone with experience first, love for scifi second.

Comment

Random thought:

Am i the only one who feels the title of this thread is becoming more and more ironic?

Comment

No. No you are not.

Comment

MGM Open To More StargateQuizzies Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC's account balance
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I think the title should definitely change... it's rather ridiculous to keep it (now).

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          MGM Open To More StargateQuizzies Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC's account balance
                          *snort*

Comment

lol

Comment

The Star Gate is like a huge transporter, so who or what is doing the transporting and for what reason? That's the first question.

Comment

Originally posted by ganymede View Post
                                The Star Gate is like a huge transporter, so who or what is doing the transporting and for what reason? That's the first question.
                                Then I guess we could say with 99.99 percent certainty that MGM has lost the database to with all the destinations. Hence why it's been offline for so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X