Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would ascend, make an imortality machine and a billion dollars, descend, and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
      What if there was a car coming around the bend thinking the exact same thing and didn't slow down at all till it was too late and he crashed into you and you died?

I would just Ascend.....or be dead. You have to be smart about things. If I couldn't see around a bend I wouldn't go. If it was like a four way and I could see in all directions yes I would go. Maybe the example was a pour choice. But it was just that an example.
      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I think if the other alternative was death, then I would probably ascend. I would either be "kicked out" or I'd get bored and descend. Unless my friends were in horrible danger, then I wouldn't help them. I'd probably do the opposite and go see 'em and be like "HA! I'm a big glowy energy thing and you're not!"
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
          I think if the other alternative was death, then I would probably ascend. I would either be "kicked out" or I'd get bored and descend. Unless my friends were in horrible danger, then I wouldn't help them. I'd probably do the opposite and go see 'em and be like "HA! I'm a big glowy energy thing and you're not!"

Yes laughing at others misfortunes is fun. Its funny till some one gets hurt then its hilarious.

Comment

It's all fun and games till someone doesn't Ascend!
            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

How do we know death isn't ascention in the first place, I mean depending in your religous backround, most people believe in a life after death in heaven or somthing similar. Couldn't heaven be considered a higher plane of existance

Comment

Originally posted by gramaton_cleric
                How do we know death isn't ascention in the first place, I mean depending in your religous backround, most people believe in a life after death in heaven or somthing similar. Couldn't heaven be considered a higher plane of existance
                You mean like heaven? Thats how i always thought of it. Only that you could leave heaven if you felt like it.

Comment

^yeah, it's always kinda seemed like heaven to me except with strict rules... which of course then makes it different... but then again stargate has been very SELECTIVE on which religious icons they pick to be aliens.... most are ancient.... and the only current christian things they've done have been calling sokar the devil and then the episode demons... but i guess that's really it.... and i think they've done a good job at balancing religion with scifi

as for ascension... i would ascend if death were the only other option otherwise i would pass...

as for breaking the rules... well, i would never be able to watch friends introuble and not help... so bottom line is the longest i'd prob'ly ever be ascended would be about a week cuz i'd get kicked out of the club real fast!!!

Comment

I would ascend if available at my time of death. Although I would find that infinite power/wisdom without the ability to use on earth, or corporeal life, would kinda suck.

thanks for comparing ascention to religious afterlife.
                    For some reason, that similarity never dawned on me.
                    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

i would ascend, though if i would use my powers depends on the situation

Comment

Would anybody mess about - maybe blow up some galaxies or something (all this time avoiding 'the others')
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Me?
                          Oh yeah baby, YOU BET YOUR REAREND I'D ASCEND!!!!!
                          Then I'd push the envelope to see how far I could take it.
                          Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!
                          if Anubis could get away with it we could too.
                          I think the whole "you can do this, but you can't do that while ascended"
                          is nothing more than a fairy tale and hokum thing.
                          I think it is a mind control deal. remember what the Gamork in never ending story said
                          " whoever has the control .... has the power!!!"

or who ever is IN control has the power

what ever

I think the first thing I would do is
                          walk up
                          (LOL ....... or float up ........ and ask them why they feel the need to impose such B.S rules on what one can and can't do once ascended)
                          just to see what their reply would be

what could they do

DEscend me??

ROFL

as someone already said
                          I'd just ascend again
                          and keep bugging them till they gave me an answer
                          most likely though
                          they would just say "just because it must be so"
                          and mostly because no one ever really challenged them
                          but have merely accepted what they say

I'd be the Billy Idol of the ascended

LOL

a rebel forever

nyah
                          Last edited by babylon rising; 10 July 2008, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus View Post
                            I'd ascend. Then I'd help my friends even if it was only something like the answers to a pop quiz. Because even if I get kicked out, I'd just ascend again, or if my punishment were to help my friends for life then I could do that too.
                            Very rarely do those who offend and get decended, get the chance to reascend.

Comment

I'd do a Merlin.

Problem sorted.

Comment

I wouldn't bother ascending. I have enough imagination to realize that it's a dead end.
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X