No announcement yet.

I miss Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's repeated quite a lot on UK television, but I still feel sad and miss looking forward to watching new episodes.
    @W00DBINE

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Being able to re-watch all of the Stargate franchise does make things easier, but it does still hurt a little knowing there are no new episodes coming. Stargate has meant so much to me over the years. All we can do is hope that someday someone who loves this franchise as we do revives it in one form or another.
      I agree with with this all of it & I really hope that MGM will un-bury the Gate some time in the future one can hope.
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

(I'm French so my english is not perfect, sorry)

I have rewatched all the episodes, from SG1 to Atlantis this year ... and now I miss it again. I know there are so much reasons for that.

When it was on air in France, I used to watch it with my father. These times are moments I still cherish, because we both like science-fiction and also because we are now far away from each other.

I miss not only the show, but its spirit. Mystery, adventure, friendship, dedication ... the freedom a boy can feel when he travels in time and space, comfortably sit in the livingroom with his father. Exciting and reassuring at the same time.

So, in a way, Stargate is a part of me, a vivid memory of my teenage years when the world was mysterious and big around me, a time gone forever now.

As a 23 years old male, is this nostalgia ridiculous ? don't know :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Simak View Post
          As a 23 years old male, is this nostalgia ridiculous ? don't know :-)
          Bienvenue à Gateworld!

Not French so forgive any mistakes I should make in future conversations.

You've come to the right place, my friend.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It feels like breaking up with a partner.
            not quite this emotional, but close. I recently rewatched all the stargate series, and I really enjoyed it and I found myself wishing for new episodes with my favourite characters. I think I will always enjoy watching the series though, even if it is just watching all the old stuff every few years. and hey, at least there are these forums. it kind of feels a little more alive now that I'm reading these threads and discussing it with you guys.
            sigpicIn Soviet Russia, sig read you.

Comment

Old 'Gater's' never die...
              They ascend to a higher plane of existence...!

Thankfully Sky One is repeating SG-1 and Sky 2 has been repeating SGA. Pick Tv has just recently been showing SGU.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Bienvenue à Gateworld!

Not French so forgive any mistakes I should make in future conversations.

You've come to the right place, my friend.

Thank you

Comment

I am currently doing a stargate rewatch and have been thru all of SG1, SGA and just started on SGU. I am really wondering why the SyFy channel does not re-air this show during the winter haitus and try to at the very least appease us fans but perhaps find new ones. Star Trek gained a bigger following after it was show as reruns on a consistent manor why not star gate. And now that it has been a few years with no stargate maybe the fans who left because of SGA or SG1 ending and were protesting. Well your protest probably helped get SGU canceled thank you for no stargate at all. FOr me. I want it all back. I don't need a re-do and I am guessing neither does any one else.
                  SGU is a great show and I think it still can attract more viewer if given a fair chance to do so. Re-air it. It's already made all that needs to be done is to get it back on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                    And now that it has been a few years with no stargate maybe the fans who left because of SGA or SG1 ending and were protesting. Well your protest probably helped get SGU canceled thank you for no stargate at all.
                    I'm going to forgive your ignorance for viewing numbers on the fact that your new and probably haven't found the threads where this was discussed to no end... it's not the fans' fault SGU was cancelled. No matter what certain TPTW (=past tense of TPTB) try to tell you. There aren't enough US-based fans to save any show (unless you are a show like NCIS, or CSI or Law & Order)... I think those fans and casual viewers balance each other out just nicely...

Comment

Here in the UK.
                      Sky 1 is currently airing season 5 of SG-1.
                      Sky 2 is currently airing season 2 of SG-1.
                      Pick TV is airing Season 1 of SGA and episodes of SGU.
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

In Belgium, Syfy is showing SG1 on scifi friday. Two or three episodes a night. Downside, they ended with season 5 before the summer and have started again from season 1 now.

Comment

SKYONE has always been so dedicated to Stargate showings. I think along with The Simpsons, it is perhaps been one of their most long running shows to be still airing on there. Especially as the likes of Buffy and X files no longer get shown on there.
                          Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                          Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

I miss it too. Hopefully like StarTrek they start to replay them and a whole new generation will start to watch them.

Comment

I still miss Stargate too
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I miss watching Stargate too :< But I live in my own world. So Stargate is not really over (for me) ^^ But I am sad, that the SGA movie has been cancelled :/
                                Lost in space ...

Comment

Working...
                                X