Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you coping without the SG franchise?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    let mgm know you're still interested in stargate? it's what brad wright said the fans should do. i tweet to mgm frequently.

(at least i know i've tried, even if nothing comes of it)
    Great idea. I'm not on twitter but the last couple of days have been thinking of joining. If you let me know the MGM / Brad contacts I'll join in the action.

Comment

Well, if you all love Stargate so much, found your own company and buy rights to the series and make a new one.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

If they're well and truly done with it, which it sounds like they are, maybe they could be persuaded to let David Blue tell us how it was supposed to end. That won't cost them a dime.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          Well, if you all love Stargate so much, found your own company and buy rights to the series and make a new one.
          Heh, I can count on you as a business partner with financial backing right?

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
            Heh, I can count on you as a business partner with financial backing right?
            Uh...
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I am still hopeful that the Gate will be unburied in the future. That's what I think it is now buried.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                Uh...
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                  Great idea. I'm not on twitter but the last couple of days have been thinking of joining. If you let me know the MGM / Brad contacts I'll join in the action.
                  https://twitter.com/MGM_Studios
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

For me Stargate has left behind a nice legacy. 17 seasons of great adventures and characters that I can revisit any time on DVD. Gateworld keeps the memory alive by being able to share all we love about the show with other happily obsessed Stargate fans!

I look back with fond memories at photos of great Stargate conventions, meeting the stars, people behind the scenes, and set visits. I even managed to grab a memento when the last props and costumes were sold off at a liquidaton sale at the studios. It's an Egyptian statue prop (it starred in SG-1's 'Full Circle' as one of the treasures in Ra's secret chamber on Abydos. I had fun looking out for it during the rewatch as I knew it had to turn up on screen at some point, and it only cost me $4!)

Wandering around the studio amongst the last remnants of Stargate really reminded me that this was it, no more Stargate! It was actually a good way to say goodbye and move on in the end, it certainly dispelled any notion of seeing anything from the franchise any time soon! Together with having the opportunity to wander around locations used on the show to remind me of the great adventures that played out in them, it all adds up to keeping me pretty happy. Along with writing fan fic for myself and enjoying many new shows I have enough to keep me from feeling bad about the end of a great show.

Most of all, the loss isn't so bad as long as there are others to share the love of all things Stargate with.

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                      I was talking about an ebook or something that won't cost them much, and would at least let us know how it was supposed to end.
                      MGM is a movie/tv production studio. They don't produce ebooks. That said, if you want to see the show continue in book form, there's already been post-finale books published and available for purchase.

Comment

Don't forget about the Big Finish audio dramas etc as well.

http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/released/stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          For me Stargate has left behind a nice legacy. 17 seasons of great adventures and characters that I can revisit any time on DVD.
                          Not to nitpick, but I don't see it as 17 seasons of one big TV show. For me, it's three very distinctly different TV shows. Yes, there's the original and two spin-offs, but they are still different. SG-1 is O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c, and Jackson. You're not going to see them on SGA, just as you're not going to see McKay as a regular on SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            MGM is a movie/tv production studio. They don't produce ebooks. That said, if you want to see the show continue in book form, there's already been post-finale books published and available for purchase.
                            I was assuming they would have to grant the license for a book, since they own the rights. I also assume that David Blue can't tell how it ends because they own the rights. (That's a lot of assuming, I know.)

Also, I wonder if they had to sell off the props as part of declaring bankruptcy a few years back ... probably not, though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              Not to nitpick, but I don't see it as 17 seasons of one big TV show. For me, it's three very distinctly different TV shows. Yes, there's the original and two spin-offs, but they are still different. SG-1 is O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c, and Jackson. You're not going to see them on SGA, just as you're not going to see McKay as a regular on SG-1.
                              Nitpick away, that's what we are here for!!

I was referring to the Franchise as a whole in the context of the thread topic. Sure they were all different, and even though SGA wasn't my favourite series, it all came together to entertain me for 17 seasons. It's the differences that we appreciate in our own ways that make it what it is for each of us, of course.

Comment

I guess for me, I didn't endure one ending, but four endings. I had to say goodbye to...

SG-1 as the series finale (Unending) aired on June 22nd, 2007.

SG-1 (again) when Continuum premiered on DVD on July 29th, 2008. I rented the movie the day it came out, and I just saw there with the menu for a few moments. This was it, my final adventure with the SG-1 team, the last time I'd see a new SG-1 adventure.

Atlantis as the series finale (Enemy at the Gate) aired on January 9th, 2009.

Universe, after watching "Air, Part 3." I just couldn't get into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X