Stargate models and Blueprints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xomox View Post
    Still looking for blueprints or any information for building a SGA Daedalus model in a larger scale like 1/350 or up. If somebody has information's to share I really would appreciate it.
    try pepakura sites with stargate searches, you can use the paper templates to produce models in card or foam stock
    sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

When I made my Puddle Jumper I used every available screenshot I could find to work out the design.. I only had season one of Atlantis on DVD at the time..

Spent a week figuring it out.. Maybe you could do something like that? I'm sure there are lots of good images to work from..

And no one will be standing in front of that last bit of detail you need

...I spent several hours today trying to build something all in one piece.. and now just realised I don't need to build it that way.. It's too big to print all in one go so I'll have to rebuild it anyway, so...
      Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 27 January 2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

The Kino arrived!!

It's.. perfect And the two parts fit together There's no gap at all The outer sphere couldn't fit any better! And it picked up all the detail

*flails* !!

Next step is to make the mould..

*The 3D printed Kino*
        Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 28 January 2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

well done soooo glad it worked so well for you
          sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

So am I

...Now I just have to make the mould.. might be tricky to get the silicone into all the detail..

Comment

maybe try a brush up mold technique first, takes longer but good for detail.

Comment

That's such good news that it all worked out. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Comment

I haven't started the mould yet..

Family are visiting.. They arrived at almost the same time as my headache.. It's making it hard to focus on things

Not saying there's a connection..

I don't want to rush this.. I might only get one chance.. Some parts of the Kino are thin and I'm not sure how strong they are..

Comment

The Kino mould is done ...The inner sphere one anyway..

It took 45 minutes to separate the plaster layer from the silicone and the silicone from the Kino..

But it picked up all the detail There are a couple of tiny air bubbles.. but nothing to worry about really

The first layer of resin is setting now

*posts link to images of the mould*
                    Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 11 February 2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I have to offer my PH wraith pistol for sale, see it here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stargate-.../301526209187?

Comment

I remember that one..

There's no way you can keep it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          I remember that one..

There's no way you can keep it?
                          wife says I have too much stuff and it must go

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                            wife says I have too much stuff and it must go
                            That's too bad

I'd never sell mine. Unless I got my hands on a screen used one, and even then I probably wouldn't.

What's up, the wife doesn't like it?! It's an amazing replica!

Comment

Originally posted by chevron View Post
                              That's too bad

I'd never sell mine. Unless I got my hands on a screen used one, and even then I probably wouldn't.

What's up, the wife doesn't like it?! It's an amazing replica!
                              I am apparently too old for toys

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                                I am apparently too old for toys
                                In my mind, it's not a toy. Action figures are toys. I have mine displayed, leaning on my screen used DR. Weir office books.

Comment

Working...
                                X