Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this fan's opinion, Universe was definitely not what killed the Stargate franchise. I really enjoyed SGU's short run.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      In this fan's opinion, Universe was definitely not what killed the Stargate franchise. I really enjoyed SGU's short run.
      in my opinion it was a case of brand overexposure. star trek suffered from the same things. SG-1 was on for a very long time by television standards, Atlantis was too (for 20 episode seasons 5 season is a fair effort). with two dvd movies and a third series with zero break in between it was just general audience burnout. business wise and creatively it may end up being a good thing to have a few years break. worked for trek.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Not one person i have spoken too in person said they ever got burned out on too much star gate..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Not one person i have spoken too in person said they ever got burned out on too much star gate..
          I've seen the Stargate shows/movies countless times, as in, I have actually lost count of how many times I've seen them. I'm not burnt, and I'm going to keep watching them. However, I am a Stargate addict. I cannot go for too long of a duration without getting my fix. Not much time passes after I finish watching all of them that I start watching all of them all over again.
          Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
          Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
          What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
          An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?
          When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
          Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
            I too personally believe that we're going to get some Stargate back at some point here. the question is when. MGM has been extremely active on the facebook stargate pages lately and the new app seems to be hinting towards something while at the same time trying to gauge/build up interest in SG again. Also, the fact that we SG fans have made enough noise to cause Syfy to ban some insane number of us and mention SGU in their posts makes me think that someone has noticed us at least.

/blah blah fanboi in denial blah blah

also, to the guy above that wont watch SGU--i agree with Gahrkal that you really dont know what you're missing. Season 2 especially was some of the best television that I've ever seen. Period. =D
            Well, I'm not the guy above (IF that was a guy) but I'm completely with him. Universe killed the franchise and was, sorry to say that, a poor show. Best television? Well, there I could count numberous other shows and episodes of other shows before I would mention Universe. The best thing on that thing was SyFys decision to let it die.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I'm counting on the Devlin movies right now, it's the best shot to have Stargate onscreen again.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I think there's more chance of a rebooted series than Devlin's movies. He's been saying the same thing for years. They're not going to happen.

Comment

I broke up my re-watch of SG1 in July due to exams but in October I will re-watch the complete franchise again, it was my first sci fi love as well and it has been two years since I watched them as a whole. Gonna take me a while because of having a lot on my plate right now but I'm looking forward to it and yes, hollywood do not have any original plots left when it comes down to sci-fi mostly so it will surely come back in some form or another.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baal07 View Post
                    Stargate will come back! It has to, the concept is way to interesting for it to not. Maybe way down the road but it has to. BSG came back, ST came back, SG will to. I was not a science fiction nut before sg1 and its hands down the BEST series I’ve ever watched. So lets keep hope alive STARGATE WILL COME BACK!
                    So what do you think am I crazy or do I have a point?
                    I totally agree man! It may be down for a few years but I believe it's coming back. You can't end something as good as Stargate that easily. I've seen some sucky shows come back over the years and if they can come back then one of the greatest shows ever made can definitely come back! I am a Sci-Fi nut but Stargate takes it to a whole new level of awesomeness!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickblack2010 View Post
                      I totally agree man! It may be down for a few years but I believe it's coming back. You can't end something as good as Stargate that easily. I've seen some sucky shows come back over the years and if they can come back then one of the greatest shows ever made can definitely come back! I am a Sci-Fi nut but Stargate takes it to a whole new level of awesomeness!
                      Agree on that dude..
                      The story needs a conclusion.
                      They brought back Star Trek so why not stargate.

Comment

I really enjoyed SG1 except towards the end with the Ori. I really liked SGA after the mid of season 2. The writers seemed fixated on Weir always stating, "I'm in charge here, not the military." I liked the cooperative nature of SG1 & SGA. They were in the adventure together and each lending their own personality be it brains or brawn or some combination in between. Also they were all friends. Now comes the dark and angst filled SGU what with the constant screaming, fights etc. In my opinion success killed Stargate plus a bit of help from SGU.
                        Last edited by Mike3121; 27 December 2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X