This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many viewers ARE there?

It seems like the series was doing fairly well after Sci-Fi's takeover...at LEAST 2 million or so viewers in America a week per show and I read somewhere that there was 2 million viewers from Australia alone as well...How many fans were there in Europe do you think?

Just from the viewers in Australia and America I'm surprised Sci-Fi didn't find it feasible to continue...

I suppose it should be titled "How many fans are/were there?"
    sigpic

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    It seems like the series was doing fairly well after Sci-Fi's takeover...at LEAST 2 million or so viewers in America a week per show and I read somewhere that there was 2 million viewers from Australia alone as well...How many fans were there in Europe do you think?

Just from the viewers in Australia and America I'm surprised Sci-Fi didn't find it feasible to continue...

I suppose it should be titled "How many fans are/were there?"
    International ratings don't mean **** to the US Network, in this instance Syfy, as they are partly funding the show and don't make money back from foreign countries. It's MGM who'd reap all the benefits and the show just wasn't doing well enough towards the end for Syfy to keep putting money into the show when Wrestling could be aired.

sigpic

Comment

Well that sucks...Especially about the wrestling part
      sigpic

Comment

Why does someone have to be a fan? Why can't someone just like the show? My mom likes Star Trek: Voyager, but she's not a fan. In the evenings, we'll sometimes watch one or two episodes on DVD together. We watch a few other science-fiction shows together this way, but she's not a fan of a single one. It's just TV and time with her son.

So, I ask again, why does someone have to be a fan? Why can't they just be someone who likes the show?

Comment

Fair point...How many viewers did the shows have? Lol

But you know what I mean.
          sigpic

Comment

To be fair, I wasn't directing at you. I just think the word fan is overused on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Well that sucks...Especially about the wrestling part
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                Why does someone have to be a fan? Why can't someone just like the show? My mom likes Star Trek: Voyager, but she's not a fan. In the evenings, we'll sometimes watch one or two episodes on DVD together. We watch a few other science-fiction shows together this way, but she's not a fan of a single one. It's just TV and time with her son.

So, I ask again, why does someone have to be a fan? Why can't they just be someone who likes the show?
                Because people who tend to just like the show don't usually make an effort to watch it. Your mother is a casual viewer, but I'd bet she didn't buy those DVDs. I think that's the point he's trying to make as it's the fan who make a series last, not casual viewers.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Because people who tend to just like the show don't usually make an effort to watch it. Your mother is a casual viewer, but I'd bet she didn't buy those DVDs. I think that's the point he's trying to make as it's the fan who make a series last, not casual viewers.
                  He would be wrong. Casual viewers are in far greater quanity and thus are more influencial in determining ratings
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    He would be wrong. Casual viewers are in far greater quanity and thus are more influencial in determining ratings
                    I disagree, fans will watch the show with a passion. Casual viewers will most likely forget that it's on, not follow when its on, and more importantly, sometimes not watch it. Fans will watch it week-in-week out. They are the ones who are the majority.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                    Indeed

Comment

Oh, and to answer your question, in the UK there are lots of fans of Stargate. Looking at all the conventions that people go to, we're still fans going strong
                      sigpic
                      I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                      Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                        I disagree, fans will watch the show with a passion. Casual viewers will most likely forget that it's on, not follow when its on, and more importantly, sometimes not watch it. Fans will watch it week-in-week out. They are the ones who are the majority.
                        You may think that all you want but the numbers say differently. Look at GW. Only a few thousand fans but yet Stargate has viewers in the millions
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Just because they're fans doesn't necesarilly mean they'll be on gateworld. There are way more fans of Stargate than there are on Gateworld. A lot of people don't have the internet to join websites for example.
                          sigpic
                          Indeed

Comment

It depends how you define a "fan".

Comment

A very small amount of people don't have access to the Internet. I believe its in the 80 percentile of people who have access to the Internet. GW was just an example. THier are many others to showcase that fans make a few thousand internationally while Stargate got a few millions in the US market alone
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X