Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Stargate Neutral Territory in the war between Star Trek & Star Wars fans.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even sure why people argue and comapred Star Wars and Star Trek with each other. Especially not even Stargate.

Why? Because they all have "star" in the name? Because that's the only real thing they have in common with each other.

There are literally thousands of Sci-Fi shows out there, a lot of them involving space, ships, travel, etc.

This is like arguing whether or not a Wheat Farm would win over a Banana Grove.

If you want or like wheat, you pick the wheat. If you like bananas, you pick the bananas. Oh no! Here comes that guy who likes corn from cornfields!

The plots aren't even similar in the least for any of them.

Comment

I love all 3 too and I have met only 1 person who loved Star Wars and hated STar Trek he liked the movie of Stargate but didn't watch SG-1 or SGA
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

love all three. sg is best though.

Comment

I love all three franchises, too.

There have been intra-franchise verbal blood baths er, spats occurring within all three, but I haven't heard of fighting between fans over the different franchises.

The three franchises are so different, for me its comparing apples to oranges.
          My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Never occurred to me to think that there would even be any "war" between Star Trek and Star Wars fans.

I grew up with Star Trek, from watching TOS as a kid, so it was my first favourite franchise. DS9 being my favourite of all the series'. Star Wars was an amazing change, and something so different when it turned up in 1977. I loved it, the music, the story and characters, just blew me away! I'm not such a great fan of the later movies, they get too bogged down with intrigue and CGI for me!!!

Then Stargate came along, it became the franchise I really got hooked on. Having said that, I like them all though in their different ways.

All of the Franchises have great stories, characters and a believable universe they exist in, what more would I want in Sci Fi I love to watch!

Comment

I am both a SG and an SW fan, and i admire/like ST, but i would not class me as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Shame that you watched the absolute bottom of the barrel series then =\
                LOL well I enjoyed it.

I just can't be bothered getting into it lol.

Comment

The 'war' between Trekkies and Star Wars fans is overblown...the wars WITHIN each are bigger, such as which 'generation' has the better captain (TNG, but maybe I have a thing for bald guys....), and that super-thick line between Original Trilogy fans, Special Edition fans, Prequel fans, etc. Those debates can get downright underhanded and ugly. However there is a BIG difference between fans of Star Wars (or The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi or...) and Star Wars Fans. True SWFs may or may not love all the movies but are fans of the whole, coheisive story.

Personally Star Wars is my main fandom but Stargate comes in at a close second. Trek....not so much. For example I'll quickly stop what I'm doing to watch both SW and SG, but will only watch some ST if I'm bored.
                  "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Working...
                  X