Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Stargate Neutral Territory in the war between Star Trek & Star Wars fans.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there is any more to be honest, but there used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
      So stargate is that show with Luke Skywalker and his android father Data aboard the minbary cruiser USS Enterprise fighting a surgeon named Neo in his blue box ?
      I think I had a dream like that once.
      sigpic

Comment

I love all three. *shrug*
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I love all three. *shrug*
          it took a while to appreciate Star Trek as much as I do now, but now I love all three as well. I grew up with Star Wars, Stargate in my youth.. up untill like 16 - now... and Star Trek more in the early 20s, so I began to watch them really late, but I love them as well
          but Stargate will always have a special place in my heart, especially SG:U now!
          sigpic

Comment

Stargate trumps them both.

Comment

I assume so, since I have NEVER heard ANYBODY mention "Stargate" in this fight. So if somebody asks me "Star Trek or Star Wars" I answer "Stargate" and usually get wierd looks. That's okay though. I love all three equally. We get regular updates in the Star Trek universe with Star Trek Online and the new movies and novels and comics, regular updates from the SW universe through similar avenues and The Clone Wars but now I will have a hunger for new Stargate stories that continue the mythology and adventures of my favorite characters . I know there are novels, but so far those novels with the exception of recent Atlantis novels have only taken place during the series. Now that the TV franchise is dead, I want new novel stories that do for Stargate what the DS9 relaunch did for Deep Space Nine, or what the Voyager novel relaunch is now doing for Voyager.
              That is just my two cents.

Comment

I grew up with Star Trek and started to become a big fan of Stargate after the franchise started. I admit that I have never truly liked Star Wars. I have never seen a fight between fans of all three franchises.

Comment

I enjoy stargate more than star wars but I have only seen all the movies once all the way through but who hasn't. With Star Trek I feel that I could really like it but the only series I watched is VOY and frankly I can't be bothered with watching it all.

Comment

I'm a fan of all three franchises. Stargate has probably grown on me the most! Which is odd as my Star Wars fandom was once vast and never-ending.... I don't like to pick what is better over the other. Just enjoy all three.

Comment

i love all three. though i'm more of a stargate fan and becoming a trek fan having seen some of the movies, voyager and plan to watch TNG. i've seen and own all the star wars movies but that is where my part in the fandom stops.
                      sigpic

Comment

I like all three. I started with star wars and moved into star trek. it wasn't until stargate moved to sci-fi and there was the SG-1 mondays that I really got into stargate. thank goodness for marathons.

Comment

I started watching ST:TOS when it first aired in the 60s. I stood in line at the cinema to see Star Wars with my husband. I never missed an episode of Stargate. So how can anyone choose between such complete (and lifelong) loves?

Oh, and for the record, both Marmite and Vegemite are horrid.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm not much of a fan of either to be honest. Star Wars always felt more like fantasy to me camoflaged in a few sci-fi trappings, while Star Trek just seems really formal, and sterile and dull, plus there was never enough humour in it to offset the cornyness of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                              With Star Trek I feel that I could really like it but the only series I watched is VOY and frankly I can't be bothered with watching it all.
                              Shame that you watched the absolute bottom of the barrel series then =\
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've always had Star Wars in my life, ever since I was little I think, always watched Star Trek (Movies, TNG, DS9, Voyager, not so much of the original series, but I did end up watching it all in the end I think), before my teens and I watched the original Stargate film in the cinema when it was released, then got into SG1 when it was airing in around the end of season 6 in the UK, liked seeing the odd episode, coz my Mum had taped all the series off the TV I watched everything from the beginning of season 1 on tape right through to the end of season 6 and had to wait months to see the start of season 7 (that was hell ), since then I haven't been able to get enough, I've always loved most episodes, liked the films, loved SGA and I think I fell for SGU.

I can't wait to get the Star Wars Blurays when they come out in September over here in the uk.
                                I haven't seen clone wars, or read the books.

I guess for me it's a tie between Stargate and Star Trek and Star Wars holds a different place in my heart, but I still love the films.

I know they're not in the topic but I think BSG is cool, Babylon 5 too, Crusades was ok, Andromeda was fun.
                                I own more Stargate than anything else on DVD.
                                There's too much sci-fi to buy.
                                I haven't seen firefly the series, do own Serenity and it's good IMO.

Hope this stays a friendly place, there's room for all sci-fi likers IMHO.
                                Green for anyone who agrees.

Comment

Working...
                                X