Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because jelgate's right, it's off-topic on this thread, and this will be my last post on the subject:

Spoilered for OT- RDA's acting:

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
    I saw him in Legend where he puts on a poor attempt at an accent but otherwise seems like O'Neill in his inflections and personality.
    I admit I haven't seen Legend yet, but interestingly The New York Times praised RDA for "showing off new and impressive versatility" as Pratt/Legend, so apparently it was well-acted.

However, just as I suspected, you haven't seen the full range of his capabilities. Watch "Past the Bleachers" where he plays a grieving father or "Through the eyes of a killer" where he plays a psychopath & murderer and then we'll talk.

I also see him in interviews and again he is more or less the same as the characters he portrays, same inflections, same humor but a tad less serious.
    Can't blame the guy for playing characters he feels more comfortable as. That doesn't mean he can't act anything else, as the above movies prove. Michael C. Hall always plays loners with dark secrets, and admits that he himself is a quiet loner. Does it make him a bad actor? His Golden Globe begs to differ.

If you want to discuss it further, PM or VM me. I'm done with this thread.

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
    I have to hand it to you folks, you really do know how to stifle conversation and debate.

The political correctness at Gateworld these days makes me want to puke.
    Err..these days? Please. Insulting actors has always been forbidden on GW. The rules were the same back in 2003, when there were whispers of AT's plastic surgery and talking about it was against the rules too.

Anyway, on-topic:

As I said, SGU and movies. Third SG-1 movie, SGU movies to wrap up the story, SGA movie to make SGA fans happy. I don't think we can count on more.
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post

As I said, SGU and movies. Third SG-1 movie, SGU movies to wrap up the story, SGA movie to make SGA fans happy. I don't think we can count on more.
      SGU will most likely get a movie first since sets are up and actors are in contracts still. Then I think we could see both the SG-1 and SGA movie released in the same year. Kinda how Contiuum and Ark of Truth were released.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        SGU will most likely get a movie first since sets are up and actors are in contracts still. Then I think we could see both the SG-1 and SGA movie released in the same year. Kinda how Contiuum and Ark of Truth were released.
        I wouldn't mind getting three movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Then I think we could see both the SG-1 and SGA movie released in the same year.
          Be a right bugger getting all the cast members back after this length of time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Did you see the Firefly movie, Serenity? Have you tried watching Sanctuary?
            Hated firefly/serenity.. Have watched all of 2 eps of sanctuary and neither impressed me.

I would like to see something scripted for the future. 100 years into the future. A next generation thing, once Stargate travel is known to everyone on earth. It would be exciting and a new take on what the possibilities could be. It gives room for fresh inovative ideas. They can put some of the fun and Aw back into SG.
            Unless you come up with some new uber entity to mess with us, where is the challenge of this new series? Who would the protagonists be?

I agree that would be the worst thing about cancellation. If I were offered the choice, I'd much rather have a shorter run with a satisfying resolution than a longer one without one. If SGU gets cancelled I really hope they find a way to finish the story.
            Agreed. This is why iirc Joe has said in his blog that they leave 2-3 eps near the end of the season un wrote, so if something does come down the pipeline, they can use those to write it in.

whatever happens id love to see the franchise end with a cinema movie just like how it begun. I think it would be a very fitting close
            Especially if it is more than the arc/continuoum's time.. imo a proper ending movie should be in the 2hr 30min area to do it justice.

What the writers need to do is,don't try and fix something that's not broken, something they have tried to with Stargate Universe, and look what's happening? If there is a 4th series,it needs to have more gate travel.
            Hows about then the 4th series focus on us using the gate to 'spread our earth empire outward.

I think they should run Universe for five season and than leave it at that. Three Shows for a franchise are these days a BIG success.
            In comparison to 5 different series and 11 films so far for trek, i would not agree.

No, they just did them right. If you're referring to Carter leaving some of her pilots behind, she's not suicidal. There is no way she could have picked them up and escaped in time. Besides, people change. As a commander she have to make some tough decisions. I imagine the Carter of Atlantis would have done the same thing.
            And remember Mitchell's words to vala. Being a leader is not abut sacrificing yourself, but watching others sacrifice themselves.

RDA is getting to old to hold a leading role. I think their missing the buck by not passing the torch to Sheppard who has a remarkablely similar cavalier personality and yet different.
            That would be sweet, seeing shep as general of the SGC.. Heck those kids from Proving ground (minus the one who died in those tok'ra tunnels) could be the new leads.

As an SG1 fan for whom JF/Sheppard was the one of the main reasons I didn't watch Atlantis, I think you're the one missing the buck here. Altantis fans didn't and don't want SG1 horning in their show/film, and I'm sure most SG1 fans feel the same. Besides, Mitchell is leading SG1, as he should be, and Jack will be the general who gets in the mix. What would the movie need Sheppard for?
            And i think there are probabily just as many people who felt mitchell/ben turned them off SG1 seasons 9-10...

For me, i would be happy with SGU running 4-6 seasons, and ending in a good manner, but leaving just enough open/undisclosed for at least 1 film afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              And i think there are probabily just as many people who felt mitchell/ben turned them off SG1 seasons 9-10...
              I'm sure there are people who don't like Mitchell. Heck, I used to be one of them. I absolutely hated him while SG1 was on the air (though I adore him now), but that doesn't change the fact that he's there, he's leading SG1, and per BW, Mitchell/BB is now an essential part of the team/show. I doubt he's going to be pushed aside for a character who is not only unimportant to SG1's story but who has his own team/film to lead.
              Originally posted by Callista
              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
              Originally posted by HPMom
              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I also started out not liking Cam Mitchell when the show was on air, it turned me off of the series and I stopped keeping up with it, but now I feel he is an important member of the team but still feel like he can't replace O'neill. I used to be a Sheppard fan and still like Atlantis somewhat but I don't think bringing him in would be a good move, He may be a good leader but a Jack O'neill he is NOT. They will more than likely keep Cam on if its to be the original cast and move the others to support roles off the team or cameo appearances.

As an SG1 fan for whom JF/Sheppard was the one of the main reasons I didn't watch Atlantis, I think you're the one missing the buck here. Altantis fans didn't and don't want SG1 horning in their show/film, and I'm sure most SG1 fans feel the same. Besides, Mitchell is leading SG1, as he should be, and Jack will be the general who gets in the mix. What would the movie need Sheppard for?
                Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
                  I wouldn't mind getting three movies.
                  Me too!
                  There is always one.

Comment

I don't believe something else will be done after SG-U, except for the planned movies, maybe.
                    But I'd really love a franchise-wide conclusion, something epic, like the truth being revealed, or Earth totally annihilated.....
                    something final, great and EPIC!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

I think an alien occupation would be good for a new show. Set it in an off world base that is cut off where most/all our ships/technology have been destroyed or taken. They would have to start almost from square one - plus contend with bounties, cultures that hate Earth ect.

I'm not concerned if there is another series, but if it happens I really think Earth's position has to be seriously damaged as the writers have written themselves into a corner with all the urber-ness.
                      Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                      Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                      Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                      Song: Louder!
                      Dalek louder: Mercy!
                      Song: One more time.
                      Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Hows about the destruction of our 'uberness comes as a result of the SG program going public!

Comment

I think Stargate needs a fresh jolt of new blood and enthusiasm, and I think the best way to do that is a brand new movie like 1994's Stargate.

Pick another historical mythos (China a la Crouching Tiger?) and make a splashy impressive movie for theatre audiences. Cast a few good actors.

Have the story revolve around an Indiana Jones style archaeological discovery and treasure hunt leading to an alien world. It does not matter how derivative it is: many people do not know Stargate actually, not like Star Wars, Doctor Who and Star Trek. Just make it good. And somehow, some way, include NO continuity references: the average, casual viewer does not want a history lesson.

That will fuel a demand for any new series that comes along.

Comment

I don't know why anyone would want less content instead of more. Enterprise, while not as great as the series before it, was better than nothing. I kept hearing about the firefly hype and finally watched the movie, wasn't that impressed. While it was good, I've seen TNG episodes that had just as much content if not more.

SGU feels like its taking forever, but maybe thats because im catching it on hulu and anxious for the next one. For us fans theres only two routes.

Either they make another spin off, or something new has to come along. Eitherway, until something completely new is created, I'd rather see more SG episodes of any kind. Fans of babylon 5, startrek, battlestar galactica, sg, even Andromeda... we are hungry for something.... it doesn't even have to be completely new...

Comment

I just finished the complete SGA series and I too would love to see a movie of some sort. I haven't been able to get into SGU, even though I have have watched every episode, for me I think it is too dark...the plots and the set. There is really no comedy relief like we saw with o'neil, sheppard, or McKay.

Comment

Apres moi, le deluge.
                                sigpic
                                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                                X