Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask me that again after SGU Season 7. But in between of course the SG1 and SGA movies and at least 2 Universe movies (after the final season) I am not very optimistic with a complete new show after that. What they call it: "third time is a charm."
    sigpic

Comment

I don't want new series after SGU, and by the looks of it, neither do the producers. I want SGU to run for about five season or as long as it takes to reach the end PTB have planned. If things go well, maybe starting the work on SG-1 and SGA movies after they've wrapped up shooting season 3 of Universe. Don't see many movies being made after that. Perhaps another SGA movie. Then the series finale of SGU, and depending on how it's done, perhaps a movie in the future.

And that's it. The end. After that all we can do is to do re-watches, buy new special SG releases, and think back to the good times we had with SG.

That's what I'd like. But what's really going to happen remains to be seen.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aewon View Post
        No, they just did them right. If you're referring to Carter leaving some of her pilots behind, she's not suicidal. There is no way she could have picked them up and escaped in time. Besides, people change. As a commander she have to make some tough decisions. I imagine the Carter of Atlantis would have done the same thing.

As for Jack, he is the same old Jack we all know and love.

I'd guess about 99,9%. I don't get why so many people are so sceptical when Brad Wright and co. are so determined to get them made. The only way they won't be made is if MGM outright refuses to let them make the films.

The Wraith are still out there, but I would have to disagree with you that the show just ends. It sort of comes full circle. In the unlikely even that Extinction never gets made, I think they might make a Stargate Pegasus, where they return to the Pegasus Galaxy to battle the Wraith. If they do make a show like that I hope that the Wraith attack Earth, or at least are able to get to our galaxy, in the pilot and the IOA realise that they can't just ignore the Wraith.
        Theres a show idea i like. Itd be more ship based and have a new cast with occasional SGA guest stars. Very diff from the old show. No atlantis set, some similar plots, but no big fancy city to protect them.

Like one of the Pegasus Alpha sites or something. Other than the daedalous ships stopping by occasionally itd be straightforward gate missions and military ops.

Wonder if they would hollow out another mountain like the MW Alpha site? Be hard for the wraith to do much damage with darts or from orbit if theyre a mile under rock and they have a stargate to get out with.

Pegasus gate with an Iris....

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
          What would you ladies and gentlemen, reckon if there is new stargate series after SGU(I hope), do you reckon it would be a great idea to tell how the stargate began? What I mean is, tell it during the time of the ancients. Good idea or what?
          "Stargate Origin"

Comment

I'd prefer a more light hearted mix myself for any future SG series. That said I think after SGU it's over. Normally I'd say, let the thing sleep for a while then in 10 years or something do a reboot with the premise: humans find Stargate, explore the galaxy on the cheap. But the reboot would probably need to be a film. In 10 years it will be move than 25 since the original movie.

The big problem is Emmerich and Devlin. They've got those movie rights and they are going to hold onto them until we pry them from their cold dead hands.

@Aewon: The reason for no more movies is the one they've given us. TPTB have said flat out the movies are not being made because the direct-to-DVD market fell off a cliff due to the economic collapse. Until the economy improves, the chances of that market improving enough for MGM or whoever ends up with the rights to see making them as profitable is slim.
            Last edited by SSJPabs; 20 October 2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Stargate went flat fast.
              I say end it as far as series are concerned and pursue more Movies under the gate status and renew it's vigor and other styles of Sci Fi.

I just don't want to see any more "HALF-Butt" shows anymore like Enterprise, Caprica, SGU, or these so-called "Imagine Greater, pathetic made for TV movies that are nothing more than excuses for special effects. They are trashing sci fi like I trash the spam advertisements I get in the mail box.

I want them to reinvent some old little known IDEAS in a Sci Fi block like in the hay day of Stargate SG-1 Atlantis and Galactica

I'd like to see a Wing Commander Series...Live Action at 7:00 on Thursday
              I want a BATMAN SERIES (Live Action) at 8:00
              Then a Spy show at 9:00

just whip that up and I think we'll be good.

Comment

I think they should just end it.

For me its the same feeling as wanting a great boxer to retire because he just can't fight at the top level anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                  Stargate went flat fast.
                  Agreed. Back in 2005/06

I say end it as far as series are concerned and pursue more Movies under the gate status and renew it's vigor and other styles of Sci Fi.
                  That would be nice. Although selfishly I'd be perfectly happy with the one final promised SG-1 movie with RDA, and then continuing with just SGU & SGA movies.

And some totally new and original sci-fi.

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                  For me its the same feeling as wanting a great boxer to retire because he just can't fight at the top level anymore.
                  That's a pretty good analogy. It's how I felt about the franchise after season 8 of SG-1/ season 2 of SGA. I would add though, that for me SGU meant unexpected & frankly miraculous return to the top form and now I wonder how long will it last. Hopefully very long. My point is, sometimes sportsmen successfully come back from their retirement and Stargate seems to be such case.

Still, atm I wouldn't want another series post-SGU. If Universe fails then it means the audience doesn't want serious sci-fi anymore, and I won't watch another action comedy show poorly disguised as sci-fi. Bring on the movies!
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I want a stargate series to be picked up by HBO and given David Simon and Ed Burns as lead writers. What? Nobody said my post had to be realistic.

There are a lot of clever serious stuff you could do with the Stargate story without rebooting it. However there are a lot of hurdles to cross. Complex shows often suffer in the ratings and you have to have writers with the skill to pull it off. I think there's a danger that either after SGU stargate will end or it will just be milked. I doubt Brad Wright would want to do a 4th series or any of the other main writers. So if there was some more stargate it would probably be some poor quality syfy junk. I'm thinking live action Stargate Infinity.

Ahh good scifi tv is hard to come by these days. I really am hoping that HBO will do a scifi show eventually, they are moving into fantasy with Game of Thrones. And at least the BBC has a cool looking scfi series called Outcasts showing soon.

Comment

I'd love to see an HBO sci-fi, I can't think of a network that consistently produces as much high quality television as HBO does - in fact I don't think there is even a close second.

Comment

Ideally I would like another series, or mini-series that uses Earth mythology again like SG-1 used to, or maybe folklore. That's one thing I really miss.

Comment

They could let Stargate sit for a minute after SGU ends (in 3 years or more hopefully)

If after sgu they spent the next 2 years cranking out a sg1 movie and then a sga movie it would give the franchise a breather, please the old fans, and leave them in a general better place for a new spin off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                            I'd love to see an HBO sci-fi, I can't think of a network that consistently produces as much high quality television as HBO does - in fact I don't think there is even a close second.
                            Well the BBC, AMC and Showtime are all pretty good in their output. But the largest quantity of the best quality tv undoubtedly emanates from HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                              Agreed. Back in 2005/06

That would be nice. Although selfishly I'd be perfectly happy with the one final promised SG-1 movie with RDA, and then continuing with just SGU & SGA movies.
                              RDA is getting to old to hold a leading role. I think their missing the buck by not passing the torch to Sheppard who has a remarkablely similar cavalier personality and yet different.

And some totally new and original sci-fi.

Still, atm I wouldn't want another series post-SGU. If Universe fails then it means the audience doesn't want serious sci-fi anymore, and I won't watch another action comedy show poorly disguised as sci-fi. Bring on the movies!
                              I concur. If you can't save the series you're working on I think it's ridiculous to move on to another and compound the same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                                RDA is getting to old to hold a leading role. I think their missing the buck by not passing the torch to Sheppard who has a remarkablely similar cavalier personality and yet different.
                                Seriously why does this always come up? I mean there are plenty of older actors, Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood to name a couple, who have had and continue to have successful careers as leading men in movies. In fact for me older characters, who have to struggle with their tasks while facing the fact that they aren’t as young as they used to be are for more interesting.

Lets ask this guy if he's too old for a leading role...

Comment

Working...
                                X