This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Why are we worrying about if there will be a Stargate TV show in 2015? It's five years from now. Aren't there more important things to be thinking about? All I care about is if this season plays out and gets renewed for a third. Why don't we just take this one year at a time, eh?
    it's just boring.
    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Stargate Infinity: The Live Action version
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
        it's just boring.
        Then find something else to watch or read a book. Don't assume there will be a fourth show, because there may not be. I never thought there'd be two SG shows, let alone three. I think after Universe, SG will likely come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Gulp.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Then find something else to watch or read a book. Don't assume there will be a fourth show, because there may not be. I never thought there'd be two SG shows, let alone three. I think after Universe, SG will likely come to an end.
            I don't know if SG will come to an end or not. but my "its just boring" comment was to you saying "Why don't we just take this one year at a time, eh?" .... its boring, I like to be exciting and not limit my creativity, eh?

I rather like SGU
            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

As much as I hate to say it, I don't see another stargate series happeneing after SGU has finished it's run, and with only die hard stargate fans watching SGU, while the "SGA only fanboys" have given up, hence the ratings drop, SGU may be finishing it's run sooner rather than later, taking the whole stargate franchise with it when it ends.

It has been an impressive 13 years with the stargate franchise, but I really can't see SGU being followed up.
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Personally, I think that if SGU ends up canceled (or even if it goes for a full 7 seasons or more) then the Stargate franchise is done. I just doubt that any more shows will be made after SGU, especially since TPTB never hire that many new writers for each new show.
                sigpic
                ~the guitarists~

Comment

whatever happens id love to see the franchise end with a cinema movie just like how it begun. I think it would be a very fitting close

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                    As much as I hate to say it, I don't see another stargate series happeneing after SGU has finished it's run, and with only die hard stargate fans watching SGU, while the "SGA only fanboys" have given up, hence the ratings drop, SGU may be finishing it's run sooner rather than later, taking the whole stargate franchise with it when it ends.

It has been an impressive 13 years with the stargate franchise, but I really can't see SGU being followed up.
                    Star trek has got 11 movies(a 12th one coming in 2012/2013) + Star Trek TOS,TNG,DS9,Voyager,Enterprise, was it time to put star trek to bed? I personally don't think so! Star trek till this day, is still fresh till the day I saw it.

It doesn't matter how many franchises you have or how old they are, it's just that you need to have the right people(i.e. the writers) to tell the storyline correctly. Look at doctor who for example, it ran for AGES! Has it shown it's age?no... yes Doctor who was rebooted but ran for years and years. Doctor who is still great till this day.

What the writers need to do is,don't try and fix something that's not broken, something they have tried to with Stargate Universe, and look what's happening? If there is a 4th series,it needs to have more gate travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      No, I loved Enterprise.

I was referring to the fact that Trek has set a dangerous precedent. Until the cancellation of Enterprise, the franchise had been on air continuously for god knows how many years. If one show ended, another took its place.
                      No worries .It's not so much a bad thing for star trek to set a precedence like this, after all,if an idea is good it can be told millions of ways and still making it sound awesome no? Take the time traveling theme, that theme has been done to death,but,how many times has a sci-fi series used it and still they the storyline seems fresh no? So it's the approach.

People forget that many of the best sci-fi shows have had one single run, and that's it.

Honestly? I'd rather have a shorter series that ends neatly, than a show or franchise thats drawn out. As it happens, I love SGU, I really do. But imo, despite ADORING the Ori, SG1 ended dismassly, because it was cancelled mid flow. Had it have ended with S8 or S6, things would have felt complete. SGA got away luckily because MOST plots, were, by coincidence pretty much wrapped up bt EatG. In some ways, however, the Earth centric Stargate theme has not, and most likely, will not have the closure it requires.

With traditional stargate, the storyline is a little different to conventional sci-fi series. There is that unpredictability, limitless possiblities of what the stargate team will encounter because there is that you are stepping into the unknown.However, SGU doesn't take this path.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Comment

For me, if SGU got at least 3 or 4 decent seasons I wouldn't need another show. However if it gets canceled in its second season, I would probably want more stargate. But then there are the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                            What the writers need to do is,don't try and fix something that's not broken, something they have tried to with Stargate Universe, and look what's happening? If there is a 4th series,it needs to have more gate travel.
                            I definitely agree: there needs to be more gate travel. I think that's what I miss the most. It is after all called Stargate.

I do think SGU does have potential if the writers see it. After all, it is called Stargate Universe for a reason. The universe is quite bit; therefore, the writers should concentrate on that instead of mostly concentrating on the characters. But I'm not saying to completely cut off character development.

What I'm saying is that I think SGU can be rescued, but I don't think the writers want to stray away from their original plan. (I think they should have a plan B; if there's an A there's got to be a B: that is, for the writing end of things.)
                            There is always one.

Comment

As others have said, I hope SGU gets a chance to finish its story arc (whether they get just 2 seasons or 7).

But I have to say, given the dwindling ratings, I have a hard time seeing anyone wanting to put money/effort into another Stargate series, at least not in the near future.
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

My setting would be the Beta Site. I would collect several characters we have seen before...Hailey, Grogan and Alec Colson (as Base Commander) and add some new ones. The plan would be to have a mix of character development and sci-fi/action...
                                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                                X