This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Here's an option... if Stargate ends, and there's nothing good on TV... watch an older show you haven't seen. Two recommendations: Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    Thats sort of what I do well not with shows I haven't seen though, other than Universe the only shows I watch are repeats like: DS9, TNG, Alan Partridge, Buffy, Trailer Park Boys, Red Dwarf.

I wanted to try shows like Eureka, V, Lost etc. but none of them have even remotely interested me enough to try out.

For instance, I like 'Buffy' I like the fact it does not take itself to seriously, now take its newer vampire counterpart 'True Blood' and I can't watch it because its too serious, I miss the 70's, 80's and 90's style of shows, now they are either too serious or awful scripts.
    LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
    Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
    99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

I think a great series would be an Ancient that is tired of just watching stuff happening and the not getting involved policy. In other words, that Ancient would admire the people of earth for what they have accomplished so far and desires to help them before they make the same mistake that the Ancient's people did. Also sees great potential in the human race of earth.
      Maybe that Ancient would be so powerful (even descended) that that Ancient wouldn't know it but the Others do.
      Maybe the Ancient gives a select group of people a chance of a lifetime to explore the universe. Or maybe something related to Atlantis. Something like that. (My preference is Atlantis, but the other is good too.)

Oh, and the Ancient would be a female and from the time of Atlantis, just before they left to go back to earth. In other words she grew up doing the war with the wraith. And she'll be a great scientist. Maybe looks up to Merlin like a grandpa. (Which then he influences her.) And also worked with Janus (forgive spelling if its wrong.)

Also, maybe she could have a arch-nemesis that is equally as smart and powerful as she is. The arch-nemesis would plot to do something bad, she'll stop it. And of course, she would have a very dark history, especially with her arch-nemesis.

The origins of her powers could be explained like this: the others were desperate to win the war against the wraith. They chose two people; she was among them. (The other would be her arch-nemesis.) The others experiment with their DNA, or something like that where they would have powers (this would be before ascension). But like most projects, they soon abandoned it for some reason. So, there could be two years that she doesn't remember. And if she does, she would not be happy at all.

She at first will no trust anyone that much (she trusts her own judgement), but she wouldn't be rude or anything like that; she just prefers her own judgement. She'll eventually learn to trust more. (Any time she trusted anyone in her past, it turned out really bad for her.)

She would have good morals and a great sense of humour. Though when she is angry, watch out, especially when she knows there is wrong and nothing is being done about it. (Maybe like a superhero? but not quite.)

She'll give an impression that her people were not at all perfect; that they did make a ton of mistakes.

Oh, and she'll have a brother who agrees with the others of not getting involved policy.

And she'll have a good old friend from this planet. This planet would be unique cause the people never really age. However, he would not be from that planet originally. He would be from a planet with incredible technology, technology that baffles the Ancient Scientist (main character). But he doesn't explain it to her. And how he came on the planet: well, he crashed there.

And.....*collapses from excitement*

I think this would be very interesting and original series!
      It would give more insight on the Ancients as well as it developing it own plot!

PS: Sorry for the long post. I got carried away! (As you can tell, I thought this over quite a long time now. Pretty well since Atlantis was over.) Of course, all of this is only an idea for the writers/producers in case SGU does get cancelled.

Always have a plan B cause since when does plan A always work?
      There is always one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        but what else could you do with SG?

milky way
        Pegasus
        sgu traveling across the very distant universe.

what else could be done besides a sg1 the next generation., the ancients can't have seeded gates all over the universe. i don't care how old or advanced. things need to be realistic
        The Stargate is a ridiculously good storytelling device. The creative mileage you can get from it is massive.

Comment

Ancient Scientist 1: Bravo for giving an example of how a new Stargate show could be original yet familiar. I like how it's spun from Atlantis's backstory.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Why five? Why not four or six?
            Because 5 seasons would give you 100 episodes, and that seems to be the magic number in TV land.

Comment

All 100 episodes means is that the show has produced enough to warrant syndicated reruns for local stations to cycle through. There's no golden rule that there has to be precisely 100 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                I love reading books but, I like to watch sci-fi tv shows to you know . I love to be part of the action but with reading and watching you get two totally seperate experiences, two of which I love and two of which I can't live without

I am also a bit selfish here too,for my reasons for having a 4th stargate program, and that is, I have become too attached to stargate which is why I am trying to be patient with SGU.

Awww!

You keep saying that why

If you are talking about enterprise, I thought it was excellent! I loved that show.
                No, I loved Enterprise.

I was referring to the fact that Trek has set a dangerous precedent. Until the cancellation of Enterprise, the franchise had been on air continuously for god knows how many years. If one show ended, another took its place.

People forget that many of the best sci-fi shows have had one single run, and that's it.

Honestly? I'd rather have a shorter series that ends neatly, than a show or franchise thats drawn out. As it happens, I love SGU, I really do. But imo, despite ADORING the Ori, SG1 ended dismassly, because it was cancelled mid flow. Had it have ended with S8 or S6, things would have felt complete. SGA got away luckily because MOST plots, were, by coincidence pretty much wrapped up bt EatG. In some ways, however, the Earth centric Stargate theme has not, and most likely, will not have the closure it requires.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I would like to see something scripted for the future. 100 years into the future. A next generation thing, once Stargate travel is known to everyone on earth. It would be exciting and a new take on what the possibilities could be. It gives room for fresh inovative ideas. They can put some of the fun and Aw back into SG.

For me SGU is just too dark and too edgy. A lot of shows are like that now. I still try to enjoy SGU, but it hasn't drawn me in the way that SG1 and SGA did. I don't know if it will make it past 2 or 3 seasons.

I will regularly re-watch the old episodes, and enjoy fan fic.
                  sigpic
                  Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

The way i see it is that the potential is endless, especially for a series set in the future. The writer's and producers just need to find a way to make it appealing to a wide audience but still be true to SG.

I also think that a future set SG could potentially use AT and MS and some others as guest spots as data bases, much like ancients had in the Pegasus Project 10-3 using Morgan La Fe. (Of course she turned out to not be a hologram). But it would be nice to periodically see our beloved SG characters now and then.
                    sigpic
                    Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

I agree that would be the worst thing about cancellation. If I were offered the choice, I'd much rather have a shorter run with a satisfying resolution than a longer one without one. If SGU gets cancelled I really hope they find a way to finish the story.

Comment

OK, I know this has been done at least once before, I'm sure thousands of times actually.

But, say 5 years from now, SGU is on season 7 (has got substantially better) and drawn in a massive audience, time for a fourth series. What would you choose to be the topic?

Stargate has always been from Earth's perspective so it might be nice to change that up. But given they don't. I would like to see a "Stargate: Daedalus Missions," or whatever the ship may be called at that point. But, once again, it takes place in real time (meaning it happens in the same year, not minute by minute like 24), and features a tight core cast. Some enemy has amounted a strong force in the galaxy, they are invaders from a nearby galaxy, don't share any language in common, and they are terra-forming planets left and right, wiping out civilizations all over. The worst part is, the foothold they have in this galaxy is a group of 10 terra-formed planets on the opposite side of the galaxy, which takes a few days to get to, so once out there, they have to survive on their own for a while. Despite this new force in the galaxy, Daedalus still has other missions to attend to of exploration and other importance (just to add some change to the show).

It would be an action drama, mostly focusing on what happens on the ship. We watch as our beloved characters are ruthlessly sucked into space, blown to bits in front of other characters, and struggle to repair the ship. On most shows all you see is someone randomly spraying the fire extinguisher and that fixes the ship, but in this show we see the repair crew, frantic and frustrated as they rush to get repairs done before the pressure of space tears an even larger hole in the ship. Shows like "Star Trek" focus on whats out there, (and no not all of them do) but this show would focus on whats in there. Only occasionally would you see people off of the ship. It would revolve around the constant peril that at any moment the enemy would take you out. It would be challenging to keep it from getting repetitive, but that's for the writers lol. Maybe even feature in one season, there is a message from another galaxy, and for half the season or more they go and check it out.

what do you think? and your ideas.
                        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          I agree that would be the worst thing about cancellation. If I were offered the choice, I'd much rather have a shorter run with a satisfying resolution than a longer one without one. If SGU gets cancelled I really hope they find a way to finish the story.
                          Indeed! We wouldn't want another SGA or SG1 like cancellation in our faces.

Comment

Yes. Much better to pull a Gilligan's Island then to do a Simpsons.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

I feel stupid that I made a new thread for this...

But, say 5 years from now, SGU is on season 7 (has got substantially better) and drawn in a massive audience, time for a fourth series. What would you choose to be the topic?

Stargate has always been from Earth's perspective so it might be nice to change that up. But given they don't. I would like to see a "Stargate: Daedalus Missions," or whatever the ship may be called at that point. But, once again, it takes place in real time (meaning it happens in the same year, not minute by minute like 24), and features a tight core cast. Some enemy has amounted a strong force in the galaxy, they are invaders from a nearby galaxy, don't share any language in common, and they are terra-forming planets left and right, wiping out civilizations all over. The worst part is, the foothold they have in this galaxy is a group of 10 terra-formed planets on the opposite side of the galaxy, which takes a few days to get to, so once out there, they have to survive on their own for a while. Despite this new force in the galaxy, Daedalus still has other missions to attend to of exploration and other importance (just to add some change to the show).

It would be an action drama, mostly focusing on what happens on the ship. We watch as our beloved characters are ruthlessly sucked into space, blown to bits in front of other characters, and struggle to repair the ship. On most shows all you see is someone randomly spraying the fire extinguisher and that fixes the ship, but in this show we see the repair crew, frantic and frustrated as they rush to get repairs done before the pressure of space tears an even larger hole in the ship. Shows like "Star Trek" focus on whats out there, (and no not all of them do) but this show would focus on whats in there. Only occasionally would you see people off of the ship. It would revolve around the constant peril that at any moment the enemy would take you out. It would be challenging to keep it from getting repetitive, but that's for the writers lol. Maybe even feature in one season, there is a message from another galaxy, and for half the season or more they go and check it out.

what do you think? and your ideas.
                              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Why are we worrying about if there will be a Stargate TV show in 2015? It's five years from now. Aren't there more important things to be thinking about? All I care about is if this season plays out and gets renewed for a third. Why don't we just take this one year at a time, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X