This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    As I said in the other thread, it was season 7. I find your lack of Stargate knowledge to be offensive.
    but season 9 &10 was all Robert
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      but season 9 &10 was all Robert
      Yeah, but he took over showrunning duties in season 7. Brad needed more time to work on Atlantis.

EDIT:
      I'm also pretty sure that Brad had involvement in seasons 9 & 10 as he runs the entire franchise.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but he took over showrunning duties in season 7. Brad needed more time to work on Atlantis.

EDIT:
        I'm also pretty sure that Brad had involvement in seasons 9 & 10 as he runs the entire franchise.
        the way i see it. S1-7 was brad and robs baby. S9-10 from Brad's own admission on GW interviews was all Robert. Brad really let him run everything SG-1 related.

Comment

EDIT:
          Linky to that info please.

Comment

EDIT:
            As I said in the other thread, it was season 7. I find your lack of Stargate knowledge to be offensive.
            Actually he became a showrunner in Season 7, but S9 and S10 of SG-1 were his baby, which is why he also did AOT. Pretty much the Ori was his baby.

It's sorta like with M&M, they were running things technically in S3 of SGA but did not really become official showrunners until Season 4 and 5.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
              Linky to that info please.
              "I will never say never again!" executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld, alluding to the fact that the show's producers have said in interviews for the last three seasons that it would be the show's last. Cooper took over as show-runner last year, when series co-creator Brad Wright took time off to develop Atlantis, which was to eventually take the place of SG-1. When the network asked for both shows, the team couldn't say no.
              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/0...asonnine.shtml

That article is from the beginning of season 8.
              sigpic

Comment

Robert Cooper became executive producer and show runner of SG1 in 2002 ..

Its odd that he's leaving so soon into the run of SGU after spendiing so much time trying to get this new version of Stargate... can't say I liked the changes he made but it doesn't look good that he's jumping ship when SGU was his baby..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  Robert Cooper became executive producer and show runner of SG1 in 2002 ..

Its odd that he's leaving so soon into the run of SGU after spendiing so much time trying to get this new version of Stargate... can't say I liked the changes he made but it doesn't look good that he's jumping ship when SGU was his baby..
                  BW wanted to do another season of SGA. Maybe with recent ratings and DVD sales for SGU there is some bad karma going around. SG-1's last 3 seasons were not the best of SG-1's, imo. SGA's 1st season you could tell how much effort went into it. I don't think i could find one person who did not like the 1st season of SGA.

I loved S3 and S4 of SGA, and especially S4 of SGA you can see a lot of effort put into it, but then by the 2nd half of S5 they were rushing to move onto SGU. Something that will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Just wanted to add that it does not bold well for SGU, when the person that wanted this series is leaving.
                  Last edited by Briangate78; 20 June 2010, 07:53 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow. No one saw that coming...
                    We will miss u Rob. T_T

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      BW wanted to do another season of SGA. Maybe with recent ratings and DVD sales for SGU there is some bad karma going around. SG-1's last 3 seasons were not the best of SG-1's, imo. SGA's 1st season you could tell how much effort went into it. I don't think i could find one person who did not like the 1st season of SGA.

I loved S3 and S4 of SGA, and especially S4 of SGA you can see a lot of effort put into it, but then by the 2nd half of S5 they were rushing to move onto SGU. Something that will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.
                      same here (passed briangate the listerine... ) it was a terrible rush job at the end. and i don't feel they were "fair" to sga by throwing it away for their new baby...but that is in the past! so the fallout from this will be interesting to say the least.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                        same here (passed briangate the listerine... ) it was a terrible rush job at the end. and i don't feel they were "fair" to sga by throwing it away for their new baby...but that is in the past! so the fallout from this will be interesting to say the least.....
                        The final season had not even been fully written yet when they got word of the cancellation. So maybe they decided to rush it and just start spinning stories for SGU. Well, SGU is not their best work, so maybe BW has not been as active as we think he has been on SGU. Like I said Season 1 of SGA you could just see how much effort went into the show. That was BW at his best since like the earlier seasons of SG-1, or Lost City.

I am starting to think that BW really wanted to continue with SGA, and RCC did not and maybe that caused tension. If the ratings don't uptick in the Fall, then it won't look good at all for SGU.
                        sigpic

Comment

Strange... I hope its not for medical reasons.

And i hope its not the network pressuring for a more classic Stargate feel. I may not like SGU as much as the two previous series, but it stands on its own and it would be artistically wrong to change it to something that it was never meant to be.

But... if it means BW is taking on the mantle full time...

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post

But... if it means BW is taking on the mantle full time...
                            along with Joe and paul i would presume

Comment

We have no idea what the details of his contract iwth Bridge Studios are. There are all sorts of conditions written in to those things. Almost all of Cooper's professional career has revolved around the Stargate franchise so maybe he's just ready to move on. He may have even had another offer and Bridge has released him from his contract. There's only speculation until we know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ufgator1977 View Post
                                We have no idea what the details of his contract iwth Bridge Studios are. There are all sorts of conditions written in to those things. Almost all of Cooper's professional career has revolved around the Stargate franchise so maybe he's just ready to move on. He may have even had another offer and Bridge has released him from his contract. There's only speculation until we know for sure.
                                or him and his wife want to leave Vancouver. it could be as simple as that

Comment

Working...
                                X