Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A better-looking one than Prometheus. I mean, it's obviously a tough ship and can take a lot of punishment, but that has to be the but-ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm
      A better-looking one than Prometheus. I mean, it's obviously a tough ship and can take a lot of punishment, but that has to be the but-ugliest thing I've ever seen.
      I like the look of the Prom. It doesn't look like one of those stupidly pretty Star Trek ships, with their little extra dishes at the top and all that. Granted its not the nicest looking ship, but at least its practical and its looks weren't exactly the engineers' main priority.

But what about its capabilities? How many motherships do you reckon it could handle simultaneously if none were flag ships (the ones with the REALLY big honking space guns) until it would get destroyed.
      Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm
        The Prometheus is beautiful and you can't say anything about it again until you learn to spell butt!

Comment

The Promethous has that distinct look to it. It looks like it would actually look like if we built it today. Star Trek ships were okay for the 23 century, but something now should look crude and not very streamlined...which the Prommie does.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            what they really need to do is start building a fleet of smaller ships for minning and resource gathering on other worlds. as long as the stargate is in cheyenne mountain there is always going to be a bottle neck as to how fast and how much raw trinium and naquada we can get.
            I may be mistaken, but don't the ships need to use naquadria for the hyperspace engines? so you would be using up naquadria at an alarming rate with this fleet of ships... also, the tech is still quite unreliable. additionally, each ship would require its own defenses. Finally, it would require an additional large group to know about the stargate and alien tech to crew the ships, which is probably not such a good idea... Anyways, I don't think its such a bottleneck in the SGC, they just stockpile large amounts and then, less frequently, send it all at once back to the sgc. I'm sure it could be managed efficiently.

As for other ships tho, i do think that more combat ships would be prudent; at least another prommy size ship and more fighters...

Comment

I say, and I bet O'Neill will agree with me: "Build an Enterprise!!!"

Comment

Smaller is better: they should go for a torpedo frigate— really a big over-sized bomber with hyperspace and cloaking drives for a fast hit-and-run attack on Goa'uld fleets. Jump in, cloak until you can get ahead of the baddies, close into firing range and let loose with your 5-round rapid-drop rotary launchers holding some pretty big missiles with some pretty big naq-enhanced nuclear warheads atop them. Jump out. Rinse. Repeat as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                  what they really need to do is start building a fleet of smaller ships for minning and resource gathering on other worlds. as long as the stargate is in cheyenne mountain there is always going to be a bottle neck as to how fast and how much raw trinium and naquada we can get. yes the stargate is faster than ships but ships can carry much more than can be grought through the gate on any given trip and if the ships are on a regular schedule then there is a constant flow of the necassary material to build ships. the problem with building a bunch of capital ships is that it gets harder and harde to keep them a secret. you need multiple facilities if you are going to build many at once and those get hard to hide. also the fact that prometheus hasnt been spotted in orbit yet is hard to believe (although i think they keep it in the underground hangar when not in use) if you get a bunch going up in orbit someone is going to notice.
                  I see your point, but in my opinion we should establish an off-world shipyard. It could be either on a planet where naquada is mined, or on just a 'safe' planet and have the materiel brought in through the gate. That way you could avoid cluttering up the gate, and you could avoid difficult questions. Just stick a MacDonalds on the base for the workers and you're done. Perfect.
                  sum ergo cogitum
                  I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                    Just stick a MacDonalds on the base for the workers and you're done. Perfect.
                    Until the workers are too fat to go back through the Stargate

Comment

I would build a ship may by based on a star destroyer becaus it is a movie made on earth and all of the other races in the gallexies other than the mimicers from foothold. and Star Destroyer are so big they could probaly hold 15 X-303's and thousends of small fighter type ships they cold get away whith it they they could go to an unpopulated planet with a stargate and take the stargate and put it on bord the "star destroyer" you will have the coolest ship in the univese not including the asgard.
                      Last edited by Rail'k; 18 May 2004, 08:37 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

repeat really cool
                        sigpic

Comment

"Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                            Seriously, like an ass! [/redvsbluereference]

Rail'k, let dead threads rest in peace, don't unearth their corpses... they smell up the place

Comment

I think they should design and build a new generation of dreadnoughts. Hundreds or thousands of missile tubes (or hundreds OF thousands), thousands of energy weapons emitters, 10+ shield generators, 20 foot thick armor, and hundreds of Fighters.

And to add a bit of humor to it it would be called the "Oops, I fired again" class, with the second one named the "Oops, I killed you again".

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...........

Now you now how I chose my user name! And how fitting my signature is.
                              Last edited by mad_designer; 21 May 2004, 08:33 PM.
                              I design ships for one reason: To make everyone in the universe to run in fear at the very mention of its name.

Comment

I think the earth forces need a dedicated carrier with multiple sheilds (so the fighters and eventually bombers/torpedo bombers can be refueled and re-armed after runs). Maybe even a dedicated "Gunboat" (decked with Naq missles). The Prommie is only bad because it is'nt a true battleship and is'nt a true carrier it is somewhere in the middle which makes it a nice small engagement ship (taking on fighter wings and/or lone motherships) but in a large engagment you need bigger guns or longer range.

Comment

Working...
                                X