Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite old enough to get a tattoo yet but the earth symbol would be cool. I draw that thing everywhere, in the back of my school books, on my hand I even have a piece of blu-tac shaped into the symbol on my desk

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
      BTW I noticed everyone talking about tatoos and I wanted to say NO WAY!!! I'm NEVER getting one. I mean seriously. If Jack doesn't like needles, I don't like needles. I mean, Jack would know. Besides, what happens if I'm captured by the Goa'uld and/or some other evil bad guy and he tortures me to find out where I came from. The last thing I need is him finding a point of origin on my back and knowing I come from earth and launching an attack on the rest of the Tau'ri. I mean, I know Jack could defeat them, esspecially now that we have a ZPM. But, I think he'd be mad at me. I couldn't bear Jack being mad at me *lower lip quivers*
      ****, i hate needles too, but that ain't gonna stop me... besides, if the goa'uld can find the earth symbol, well then kudos for him.... there'll be so many things happening in the tatto on my back, i can hold scavnger hunts with it....

i'm estimating the entire process of my back will take seven-eight hours... and that's just fot the line work.... it will take many, many, many sessions to complete, and when it's done, my enitre back, form neck to butt, from shoulder to shoulder, will be completely covered....
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

So you know how I addicted to coffee? I had a blinding headache all weekend because I didn't drink any coffee ... and I only realized today that the headache was caused from lack of coffee. So I'm now daydreaming about a big ass pot of coffee. But that's just one addiction ... Speaking of coffee, for some reason posting here makes me think of coffee. Like, everyone is sitting in a circle on the hard metal chairs and I'm pouring myself another cup of coffee, telling you about my addiction ... Right, moving on.

I also have a slightly severe addiction to the game The Sims. It's nothing I'm proud of, I'm trying to fight it by ... hiding the CD ... mainly because I think the game is so much fun until I play it and realize how boring it is. But every once in awhile I'll have a craving to play it ... Anyhow, my point. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so, have you ever made a :: Cough :: Stargate SG-1 (or Atlantis) or both family???????

I ask because I'm seriously thinking of doing it ...

Also ... I'm more addicted to Gateworld than last time I told you I was addicted to Gateworld.

Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
          So you know how I addicted to coffee? I had a blinding headache all weekend because I didn't drink any coffee ... and I only realized today that the headache was caused from lack of coffee. So I'm now daydreaming about a big ass pot of coffee. But that's just one addiction ... Speaking of coffee, for some reason posting here makes me think of coffee. Like, everyone is sitting in a circle on the hard metal chairs and I'm pouring myself another cup of coffee, telling you about my addiction ... Right, moving on.

I also have a slightly severe addiction to the game The Sims. It's nothing I'm proud of, I'm trying to fight it by ... hiding the CD ... mainly because I think the game is so much fun until I play it and realize how boring it is. But every once in awhile I'll have a craving to play it ... Anyhow, my point. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so, have you ever made a :: Cough :: Stargate SG-1 (or Atlantis) or both family???????

I ask because I'm seriously thinking of doing it ...

Also ... I'm more addicted to Gateworld than last time I told you I was addicted to Gateworld.

Adrianne
          I never played SIMS, but I would love to see a STARGATE SIMS. Imagine the SHIPS! and what it would do for the Ba'al's Bizarre Bedmates thread!
          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Yep made a Stargate family I LOVE the Sims, used to play it all day a few months ago before I discovered GW. i got all the add ons and spent hours on families I know I know sad but meh. Do I care? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
              Yep made a Stargate family I LOVE the Sims, used to play it all day a few months ago before I discovered GW. i got all the add ons and spent hours on families I know I know sad but meh. Do I care? No.
              :: Whispering :: OMG! You have to give me all the details on what ranks you gave the players! I can't believe I just said that. But you've gotta do it! :: Begging :: PLEASE!

Okay. So ... Do you know about the new Sims2? I want that game so bad it's pathetic. With Sims2 don't the Sims have more control over what they like and dislike, with other characters as well? The relationship combinations that would happen would be freak'in hilarious!

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Hi, my name is Yikishante and I am an addict. I have all the seasons on DVD, including S8. I have a tattoo of the Eye of Ra on my leg (tho I liked the symbol before I ever saw Stargate). I have recruited my roommate, dad, and mom into the ranks of Stargate fans.

In fact, I am in college right now (studying anthropology and linguistics) and for my Linguistic Anthropology term paper, I decided to study fanspeak. I found this forum while I was looking and I'm glad I did. Not only is it a great source of information, I get to correspond with other hopeless fans as well.

Who needs a 12-step program?
                Yikishante
                -"It's been swell, but I've got to return to the mothership."

Comment

OMG! I am such need of a 12-step. But today I don't want help :: Suspicious ::

I'm interested in your fanspeak paper ... :: Pondering :: What exactly is "fanspeak" anyhow?

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

welcome yikishante.... we all need a 12-step.... good luck on your paper
                    sigpic

Comment

So far, it seems to be the language and terms only used by fans online, in chatrooms, forums, and archives. It includes words found nowhere else (like "drabble", "thunk", "fanboy/girl", and "shipper") as well as the acronyms that only make sense to us (like "UST" and "SGC"). I figured that this would be a fun and easy way to get a term paper done.
                      Yikishante
                      -"It's been swell, but I've got to return to the mothership."

Comment

heh... know what ya mean... when i take Psych 101 in college, i'm gonna peg my Prof as my thesis... that way i don't have to do any actuall work... gotta watch him/her while he/she's lecturing, might as well analyze his/her movements, gestures, speech patterns, ect.. whlie i'm at it....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yikishante
                          So far, it seems to be the language and terms only used by fans online, in chatrooms, forums, and archives. It includes words found nowhere else (like "drabble", "thunk", "fanboy/girl", and "shipper") as well as the acronyms that only make sense to us (like "UST" and "SGC"). I figured that this would be a fun and easy way to get a term paper done.
                          I was lucky and never had to write a term paper in college -- took art, term papers never came up -- but some of my best papers from high school are based on The XFiles. The design of those papers actually got my accepted into college for art so ... Go me

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                            If I were to ever get a tattoo, it would be one of two things.

Option #1
                            "Copyright 1969 Dr. & Mrs John C. Holley Jr."
                            In very small letters located on my back at my waistline just like a copyright notice at the bottom of a website or other printed material. The idea is that when I die and I'm stripped down to give the Medical Examiner a laugh.

Option #2
                            "Hand wash only. Do not dryclean. Pat dry only. Do not iron. Made from all natural materials"
                            In very small letters in a box located at the back of my neck reminescent(sp) of a tag in a shirt.
                            Love it chyron! You rock!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                              First I'd just like to ask from your previous post ... :: Grabs you by the shirt collar and shakes :: YOU KISSED MACGYVER!? Oh, I'm sorry, did I wrinkle your shirt? :: Lets you go :: :: Straights your collar :: Sorry about that.

I ... never really thought of that. If I was you, I'd try to sell your tattoo off as an Angstrom. An Angstrom looks very much like the Earth Symbol.

Adrianne
                              It's okay *smiles cheerfully* I'm used to it. You should see what Jack did to me that last time I made him mad *blinks* or was that just a dream too? I loose track sometimes....*proceeds to pass out due to significant lack of sleep*

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                                Love it chyron! You rock!!!
                                You know there is a movie in my head about a comedy set in a funeral home. I hadn't thought about this, but I'm going to add a scene where they're stripping down the body and see the copyright notice.
                                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Working...
                                X