Did anyone else suffer when the forum went down? I know I did

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
      Did anyone else suffer when the forum went down? I know I did
      I had nervouse twitches...
      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

I frantically tried to talk to other GW users on MSN and find out if they were having trouble or if it was just my computer

Comment

i didn't realize the site was down and thought my computer was being retarded, again.... i was soo mad i couldn't get on the forums, i almost broke my computer X3
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
            i didn't realize the site was down and thought my computer was being retarded, again.... i was soo mad i couldn't get on the forums, i almost broke my computer X3
            My sympathy. It must have been quite tramatic for you.
            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Hee
              I can see that happening to me since this was my first experience with the forum being down. (And I did struggle a bit .. Like staring at the error message thinking, "That can't be right. Reload. Reload.") I laugh because I imagined myself picking up broken pieces of my computer thinking, "Hmm I thought I remember reading about the forum crashing before or something ..."

Hee. It's just funny to me. Leave me alone

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
              It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

atleast you got an error message.... i use firefox, and it uploaded a completely blank, white screen every time i tried to access the forums.... nothing else but a white void it was very traumatic....
                sigpic

Comment

atleast you got an error message.... i use firefox, and it uploaded a completely blank, white screen every time i tried to access the forums.... nothing else but a white void it was very traumatic....
                  But at least you were using FireFox!

"All hail Mozilla! Hallowed is Mozilla!"
                  "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

I've had that ... I hate that.
                    It's like ... You want to tap on the monitor and be, like, "Hello?" Oh, wait ... I have done that. You're right, error message is better than you know you're not alone.

Safari on my end ...
                    Adrianne
                    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I got that with both IE and firefox. With "Done" in the status bar.
                      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

It was done again last night wasn't it?

OMG! I gotta tell you. Amazing night of television last night ...

CSI has ... Oh God how do you spell his name ... Bar'tak? Teal'c mentor, the old guy ... Always kicks Jack's ass. :: Squeal :: OMG so cool! SOO SOO COOL! Shut up, it was really cool. He was playing a professor. :: Squeal :: What's her name, Sara, she walks in and she goes, "What's up professor?" It was so cool. So so cool. It really was. Shut up, it was.

Okay so then Without a Trace. Dean McDermott. I don't know if you guys here know Dean McDermott ... He played Turnbull on Due South and he's been in a lot of different things, never an actual lead. I guess you'd call him a "character actor" or something like that. I used to love Dean McDermott but he's divorcing his wife for Tori Spelling and now I just see him as ... I'm not sure this'll get posted. It's a four letter word and it's not, like, technically a bad word but it's an offensive word, I think, or could be taken that way. And I haven't a clue what it rhymes with. Perhaps "cut" ... Yeah it rhymes with "cut". So anyhow, he was in Without a Trace ... Amazingly, that was not as cool as Bar'tak being in CSI.

Anywho

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                          CSI has ... Oh God how do you spell his name ... Bar'tak? Teal'c mentor, the old guy ... Always kicks Jack's ass.

Adrianne
                          it's Bra'tak

Originally posted by srg
                          I got that with both IE and firefox. With "Done" in the status bar.
                          i have IE too cause some of my sites aren't supported by FF, but it didn't occur to me to try it
                          sigpic

Comment

I use Firefox and just got a blank screen. I don't know how may times I tried to refresh but it didn'y work it seems funny now that I think about it though

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                              It was done again last night wasn't it?

OMG! I gotta tell you. Amazing night of television last night ...

CSI has ... Oh God how do you spell his name ... Bar'tak? Teal'c mentor, the old guy ... Always kicks Jack's ass. :: Squeal :: OMG so cool! SOO SOO COOL! Shut up, it was really cool. He was playing a professor. :: Squeal :: What's her name, Sara, she walks in and she goes, "What's up professor?" It was so cool. So so cool. It really was. Shut up, it was.

Okay so then Without a Trace. Dean McDermott. I don't know if you guys here know Dean McDermott ... He played Turnbull on Due South and he's been in a lot of different things, never an actual lead. I guess you'd call him a "character actor" or something like that. I used to love Dean McDermott but he's divorcing his wife for Tori Spelling and now I just see him as ... I'm not sure this'll get posted. It's a four letter word and it's not, like, technically a bad word but it's an offensive word, I think, or could be taken that way. And I haven't a clue what it rhymes with. Perhaps "cut" ... Yeah it rhymes with "cut". So anyhow, he was in Without a Trace ... Amazingly, that was not as cool as Bar'tak being in CSI.

Anywho

Adrianne
                              Stepping in and speaking up ...

Ma'am? ... Ma'am? ... Excuse Ma'am? The CBS appreciation and lust support group is across the hall. I think that you're in the wrong meeting.

Comment

When the server went down, I kept logging in repeatedly hoping it was just a fluke...
                                I was beginning to panic until I realized that I had work to do.
                                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                                Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                                X