This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayan
    that's an interesting choice... any particular reason you chose that it?
    Its a family name.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
      Slightly off topicish:

i don't know if anyone else notices it, but if you hit Page 4, the banner ads at the top of the page are for "Garage Door openers" and "remote garage door openers." The first post on the page mentions "GDO's" and "garage openers." A coincidence?

On topic:
      I asked that famous question "what are we feeding on tonight?" (what's for dinner?) and my dad said "the dog." Boy, did that one ever throw me off for a minute.
      Oliver Rose: Hmmm, this is really good patee. The finest you've ever made.
      Barbara Rose: Its not the recipe - its the ingredients.
      Oliver Rose: Really, I didn't know (takes another bit) Have you seen my dog?
      Barbara Rose: Woof!

If you've never seen War of the Roses, its just not quite the same reading that particular bit of dialog.
      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Hi,
        I am a gate-a-holic... (starts sobbing uncontrollably)... and I don't want to stop. It's so nice when you get home from a hectic day at work to unwind with a nice refreshing episode of Stargate. It takes your mind off things. I didn't realize I had a problem but ever so slowly I started watching more and more Stargate.

My family and friends have confronted me about it. They said Stargate is alright if taken in more measured doses but I can't - help - myself!

STARGATE ROCKS!
        Andromeda Fate
        Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
        "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
        "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
        "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
        "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

i'll drink to that!!!

ode to the great chappa'i
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Has anyone taken their addiction to the point of getting a tattoo???? If so, what and how, if you did, did you explain the design/idea to the tattoo artist???

Just curious ...

Adrianne
            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

not yet, but i do have a stargate drawn, nothing elaborate mind you, that i'm gonna get tattooed on me... not sure where yet though.....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                not yet, but i do have a stargate drawn, nothing elaborate mind you, that i'm gonna get tattooed on me... not sure where yet though.....
                i want o get the earth symbol on my hip.......but haven't done it yet and i need the money first.............
                Stargate Pants Girl
                (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

OMG.
                  I just realized something. I'm so embarrassed.

I'm. :: Hangs head in shame :: Addicted to Gateworld.
                  I DIDN'T MEAN FOR IT TO HAPPEN!!!

I want to go to bed ... But more importantly ... :: Sobbing :: I want to see if anyone replies to my posts!!!!!!!

Must.
                  Log off.
                  Must.
                  Go.To.Bed.

Must .... Check to see if anyone's replied to anything I've posted in the time it's taken me to post this post ... and edit to add this line ...
                  Adrianne
                  If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

*laughs* I know how that is.
                    Originally posted by Boobala
                    i want o get the earth symbol on my hip.......but haven't done it yet and i need the money first.............
                    I'm getting the earth symbol on my back, just below my neck, and a picture of Daniel on my left upper arm, but I also have the problem of no expendable income at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                      Slightly off topicish:

i don't know if anyone else notices it, but if you hit Page 4, the banner ads at the top of the page are for "Garage Door openers" and "remote garage door openers." The first post on the page mentions "GDO's" and "garage openers." A coincidence?

On topic:
                      I asked that famous question "what are we feeding on tonight?" (what's for dinner?) and my dad said "the dog." Boy, did that one ever throw me off for a minute.
                      Just say "sorry, not on my menu". haha
                      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by I love Daniel!
                        I'm getting the earth symbol on my back, just below my neck, and a picture of Daniel on my left upper arm, but I also have the problem of no expendable income at the moment.
                        i'm getting a collauge of all my interests on my back... that's prolly where the gate'll go... then i'm getting an ankh on my heart... Tora in japanese katakana on the back of my left hand, a sword on my left arm just below my shoulder... Tygera in japanese katakana on the inside of my right forearm being licked by flames erupting from the my wrist right where it meets my palm.... then i'm getting a penticle on my right upper arm just below the shoulder.... and i might get a dragon curling around one of my legs... not sure yet....

reasons why this is still in planning:
                        1) no money
                        2) i can't legally get a tatto yet
                        3) i haven't finished any of my designs
                        sigpic

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by TechnoWraith
                          Slightly off topicish:

On topic:

Originally posted by srg
                          Just say "sorry, not on my menu". haha
                          I'm not that hungry tonight, can I get a doggie bag?

Comment

(WOOHOO! I got Rep points today! My first ones ever! I am way too excited over this.)

Right, staying on topic.

When I asked about the tattoo the Earth symbol was my first idea ... Mainly because I can't imagine what else you would put that could as easily represent Stargate. Like, putting the Gate will just be a blue blob in a few years ... Well I have no intention of getting a tattoo anytime soon. However, my next vehicle will be an SUV (I hope!) and now EVERY SINGLE TIME I see a nice big ass SUV I can so easily invision the Earth symbol on the back window. Imagine for a moment ... DOESN'T IT LOOK GREAT!?

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Hi, you all already know me. My name is Adrianne. This is my mom, Mom. I'd like to introduce her ... She just said, "Isn't Stargate on?" This is only the start ... Pretty soon. She won't have to ask. It'll be, "Come on! You're missing it!"

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                                (WOOHOO! I got Rep points today! My first ones ever! I am way too excited over this.)

Right, staying on topic.

When I asked about the tattoo the Earth symbol was my first idea ... Mainly because I can't imagine what else you would put that could as easily represent Stargate. Like, putting the Gate will just be a blue blob in a few years ... Well I have no intention of getting a tattoo anytime soon. However, my next vehicle will be an SUV (I hope!) and now EVERY SINGLE TIME I see a nice big ass SUV I can so easily invision the Earth symbol on the back window. Imagine for a moment ... DOESN'T IT LOOK GREAT!?

Adrianne
                                my stargate design looks like an actual dormant stargate 'cept it doesn't have the glyphs in the inner circle so it sorta looks like the atlantis gate... and there's an Earth symbol in the middle of the dormant area...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X