Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First question-Yes the Goa'uld must be done with at the end of this season even if it is not the last, and new enemies must be faced, Wraith or Re'tu andybody.

Second-Most definitely The Tok'Ra stunk, they were cool when introduced but now they are sniveling cowards.

If you want a custom sig pic-I'll do them for you-FREE

Comment

wasn't the war over like...a long time ago? seriously with the anubis story line and the such...i've been seeing the goa'uld as allies not enemeis (well except baal...bocce baal ...). the goa'uld storyline isn't over per se...but it's been neglected for so long that many new viewers would get quite confused. for instance one of my friends that i introduced to stargate started watching with the ep. lost city part one. every time he watches an earlier season on scifi he gets really confused because he really has no clue what the goa'uld are.
      My flickr photography.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
        Maybe he kept taking breaks?
        spoiler space season 7 evolution
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        even if then he did survive the big explosion so that had to have taken something out of him i think that the one that died of heart failure may have been an early generation that anubis had not perfected yet, the later ones he corrected the dying-of-a-heart-attack flaw. the bigger question i have about the kulls is what happened to the one they took alive? also since they have the armor and weapons from them i think it would be cool to see the SGC adapt them to our use

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          spoiler space season 7 evolution
          -
          -
          -
          -
          -
          -
          -
          -
          -
          -
          -
          -
          even if then he did survive the big explosion so that had to have taken something out of him i think that the one that died of heart failure may have been an early generation that anubis had not perfected yet, the later ones he corrected the dying-of-a-heart-attack flaw. the bigger question i have about the kulls is what happened to the one they took alive? also since they have the armor and weapons from them i think it would be cool to see the SGC adapt them to our use
          It probably died of a heart attack in the SGC

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            Maybe he kept taking breaks?
            "Enemy of Anubis! Halt! Kull warrior must stop for isotonic drink!"

I don't know how I feel abut the SGC making use of the kull technology. It depends how good the armour is supposed to be. Clearly some of the warriors' badassness derives from the resurrection tech, otherwise the anti-supersoldier weapon (so badly needs a cooler name) wouldn't work. Jack would shoot him in Death Knell and he'd be all: "I laugh at you from within my energy absorbing armour! Kull must take nitro tablets for heart condition."

If the kull armour was just a step up from the new stuff they have anyway, and the blasters just a rapid fire plasma weapon not disimilar to a staff weapon with a high cyclic rate, that wouldn't be too bad. Unstoppable SG teams would be bad though, because they'd just have to introduce something kewler to get around it.

What I want to see, of course, is die hard Anubis supersoldiers vs. Ba'al's supersoldiers, just blasting uselessly at each other until they all died of (un)natural causes.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The war shouldn't really be stopped as there are way too many to eliminate. Besides, all the enemies are the Goa'uld which would mean there would be no storyline. I guess I didn't think of that earlier. But again, it would be very interesting to see one very large battle
              __

__

Comment

Goa'uld exit stage left.
                *season 8 spoiler*
                Enter Replicators.

Aren't the human version replicators coming back in season 8? Wouldn't they most likely be the markee villians if the series continues.
                Last edited by GateGeak; 04 May 2004, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Spoiler warning are supposed to come with an actually warning, rather than just space, how else is someone supposed to know? And yes, but for how long is unknown...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    I never really felt Anubis was that menacing. He was just too OTT and he had too many huge plans, which meant that he couldn't win. He was scary when all we knew was that he scared Yu, but after he turned up he was just another System Lord...In a cloak!

Even the half-Ascended thing didn't help, because it didn't give him an edge. There was never any time when they might have had him but for his half-and-half nature, and he didn't act any differently; he just had a bunch of kewl toys, and Sokar and Apophis both had plenty of those.

I do agree that the war against the Goa'uld needs some resolution, but any kind of overwhelming victory wouldn't fly. There's just too many of them. I think that the only way for them to finish this with any credibility would be for the SGC to aid a faction of less-appalling Goa'uld (such as Lord Yu and his allies) in taking control of the remaining Goa'uld territories and then reaching some fragile accord (possibly under the impetus of some external threat). Anything else would feel too deus ex machina.
                    I have to disagree...I think once Anubis revealed his army of super-soldiers..I personally found him really threatening. Especially when they were all in that hall..hundreds of them hailing Anubis.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                      Is it me or has this reached a point where it needs to be finished very quickly and dramtically? I mean it began with this really dangerous enemy that must be destroyed at all costs... but now, whenever they win another almost identical Goa'uld leader steps forward. And now that there are so many wars between the Goa'ulds they seem far less threatening!

Anyone also think the T'okra are a huge let down as well?
                      I maybe wrong, but due to the continuity change from the movie to SG-1, (Which in my opinion was a mistake right there) there was so much confusion between the several episodes featuring the Goa'uld, where one minute they are the most powerful entities in the Milky way and the next, they are a joke rather than the greatest threat to universal harmony. The concept of the Goa'uld, as far as a species was brilliant from a mythological stand point, where as they are snake like symbiotes, as the snake or rather the serpent is the symbol of "Omnipotence and Immortality" (EG: The Ouroborus).
                      And using the names of deities was a brilliant touch too, if they had stayed with the idea that the Goa'uld were the ancient deities described in ancient myth, rather than them taking on the persona of their "chosen" name.
                      If they are so easy to overpower, then it would have happened already by a more advanced race than humans.
                      I think the greatest problem with a lot of Sci-Fi series is TPTB, are too scared to go beyond the boundaries of their set formula. The shows called STARGATE, so it's got to be based around the STARGATE and the SGC...WHY?
                      Stargate, out of all the universes we have seen so far (dare I say it, even Star Trek, but then I would like to say aa few words to TPTB on that too), has the potential to go "beyond it's original programming," to use a popular vinacular. I just hope the writers of the show realise this before it is too late.
                      THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
                      AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
                      AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

I think they’re making Jaffa look like jokes, actually. SG-1 always seems to be able to hit the Jaffa with their weapon easily (including Teal’C and his staff) and when something explodes behind a Jaffa, they’re knocked unconsios. They’re supposed to be tough with their prim’tas in their pouches.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                          I have to disagree...I think once Anubis revealed his army of super-soldiers..I personally found him really threatening. Especially when they were all in that hall..hundreds of them hailing Anubis.
                          But...those big, goofy hats! I mean, they're a step up from Serpent helms, but still...
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                            Yes that scene was impressive for their sheer numbers, but they just don't inspire me with fear.

If they could actually hit something or someone when it wasn't convenient to the plot it would have been nice, and maybe I would have felt a little fear... maybe.

I did like the armor though, black is in this year
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Larry The Chevron Guy
                              I think season 8 would be a good season for the freed Jaffa to rebel against the Goa'uld. This would make the 'war' more interesting.
                              Um.. I thought the free Jaffa were the ones rebeling against the Goa'uld?
                              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Yeah. And if the Tok'Ra have such a problem with dwindling numbers, why can't they get together and have lots of Harsesis babies?

Comment

Working...
                                X