This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keppiezbt
    see this is what i dont get from people.......everyone massively speculates.

who says the ancients were moving to a higher plane? maybe they were just trying to escape the plague.

also, no where on the show has any said you have to be "qaulified" to asend. you just need to know how. the buddhist monk in maternal instinct would teach anyone the path. daniel even says in full circle oma is an outcast for helping other ascend. so the assumption that by ascending the aboydonians makes ascension weak, i think is a poor one. i personally enjoyed seeing them ascend.

they never say you need to be special to ascend, you simply just need to figure out how to do it.
    I think you are right. That Anubis could ascend proves that it not important to be "spiritual enlightend". And I loved "Abyss". I liked the idea that Daniel offered Jack ascencion to save him from Ba`al. And that Jack seemed to fear that he could misuse the ancient power showed IMO that Jack is an much more thoughtfull person as he usually seems to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorCardgage
      It was the complete opposite for me. It's in that episode I think we really see the bond between Jack and Daniel. We see the resolution of the first encounter with Jack and Daniel. Daniel said himself that he couldn't have asended without Jack. It could be the ultimate repayment of a friend to have Jack ascend.

Whether or not Daniel thought Jack wanted to, he wanted to show Jack that he was capable of it if he wanted to.
      You said exactly what I feeled as I saw "Abyss" but I never found the right words to describe it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
        You said exactly what I feeled as I saw "Abyss" but I never found the right words to describe it. Thank you.
        Yes, and I think Daniel has a much higher opinion of O'Neill than O'Neill does of himself (little matters of "You stupid SoB" not withstanding)
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X