Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 . . . none that I would consider annoying. There were episodes I didn't like but it wasn't due to the characters.

SGA - Keller. Mckay. Kannan

SGU - Everyone but Rush and Eli.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

(in no particular order)

SG-1:
      Senator Kinsey
      Landry
      Cameron
      Vala
      Any Ancient
      Any Tok'ra
      Any Tollan
      Any Nox
      Lord Zipacna

SGA:
      Weir
      Kavanaugh
      Kanaan (seriously! where did he come from?!)
      Michael
      Lucius
      Larrin
      Harmony
      Keller (x2)

SGU:
      Erm... pretty much everyone, excluding Eli, Riley... eh, and maybe Young.

Comment

It's quite interesting to see how many found McKay annoying since he has a very big fanbase, too and as far as I can remember won a spacey award, too.

For me the most annoying character was Kinsey. Want to switch to another channel every time he came up on the show. Fortunately he was never on SGA.

I quite like every character in SGA, even Kavanagh (didn't like him in 38 minutes, but change that opinion in Midway) and Bates (like him in Outcast, was nice to see him there again and nicer). If I ever would have watch "Harmony" I'm sure she would have annoyed me, too. But I have never watch it and don't attempt to do so since I hate Episodes with those brats.

Comment

All of the McKay fans have resorted to sequestering themselves into the far reaches of the McKay/Hewlett appreciation thread, where they create fanfic to their hearts' content.

In all seriousness, were it not for Atlantis McKay probably would be on my list as well.

Comment

I AM a Rodney fan.

The writers and TPTB's blatant over use of Rodney was just obsessive and the writers even have said they can only write for Rodney, and that is a shame.

The writers used Rodney as a crutch and at the expense of the rest of the characters and actors.

I feel for David on watching/seeing how much dialog the writers gave him. They didn't do him any favors at all. I don't think they even THOUGHT about how much work they gave David to do. David had to learn 30 or 40 pages of crap, while every one else just grunted, held up a wall or just said "WOW" a lot

His over use got on my nerves, through no fault of David/Rodney.

I stand by Rodney! He rocks

P.S hic-up girl.......Novac

I just thought of another one... Anubis's right hand guy....he bugged me.
            and Cassandra....

On a side note why do the writers make the kids on Stargate out to be brats? I think they might have watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang too much.....

Where's the Child Catcher when you need him?
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

On SG-1:

Walter!!
              Landry
              Lam
              Mitchell
              (in the series; I liked him in Continuum)
              Martouf - there was something about him that made me distrust him and really annoyed me although I can't put my finger on it
              Narim - he was just so dull..
              Dr Lee (post season 7)
              Pete

many recurring/guest characters in the last 2 seasons, but especially: Vala's father, guard from the Bad Guys, aliens from PU and LA episodes, Orlin in a child form (I liked him as an adult though)
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Eli was really annoying in his first few episodes. He seems slightly better now.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                  All of the McKay fans have resorted to sequestering themselves into the far reaches of the McKay/Hewlett appreciation thread, where they create fanfic to their hearts' content.
                  Hrm, I beg to differ. But for your excellent use of "sequester", I'll not launch into an infraction-warranting tirade
                  Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                    I just thought of another one... Anubis's right hand guy....he bugged me.
                    and Cassandra....
                    Awww he was mint, Jack just ripped the pish out of him at every possible juncture.

Heh good insight into the Rodney character btw!
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                      Kinsey, he was just a totall pain in the****
                      haha thought you was on about me then untill i clocked, thats my surname too

Comment

Jeez, some people have really long lists. o.O

I found people like Kinsey and Simmons really annoying, and of course, good ol' Lucius, but I also found them really fun to hate. The show wouldn't be the same without them.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Competitors:
                          • Tanith -- Something about his sly attitude always bothered me
                          • Ryac -- At least, when he was young. That brainwashing episode, I wanted to bang his head into a wall
                          • Unas -- Any of 'em. Go ahead, call me an Unas racist. I don't find whispered/growled "Chaka" entertaining, I find it 'fingernails on a chalkboard'
                          • Lucius -- He was supposed to be....funny?
                          • Ronan -- They replaced Ford, with his whole cool rogue quasi-Wraith angle, with this uninteresting thug? Ugh.

Runner-up: Jennifer Hailley -- Unbelievably annoying, but still not quite so bad as....

The Winner: Rodney McKay -- The absolute granddaddy of of all the most annoying characters in fiction. I didn't like him to begin with; by the end I hoped beyond all hope that he'd suffer long and horrible, before dying a meaningless death. Die. Die. Die.

** No offense intended toward the actors here. I don't know about the others, but David Hewlett seems (from all the behind-the-scenes stuff I've seen) like he's absolutely hilarious and a great guy to be around.
                          Well, I have to disagree about the Unas and Ronon, but for everything else...well, I didn't even remember Hailey, but now that you mentioned her I keep thinking about her sitting grumpily in the auditorium chair, I plan to never watch the Lucius episodes again...

And as for Rodney? I agree wholeheartedly! You couldn't have put it better.
                          sigpic
                          ~the guitarists~

Comment

Eli Wallace I want to take a freakin' baseball bat to this kids head. He is by far the worst comic role in any of the Stargate's (IMHO of course.)
                            ^That little animated banner says it all! I am a fan of all the Stargates. They each have their own unique style that keeps me watching!
                            Team Badass!!

Comment

Jack O'Neill and

Spoiler:
                              Did I make you angry? BAHAHAHHAHAHA! J.K. Actually, the character I find most annoying is
                              Spoiler:
                              almost the entire Jaffa Nation. No joke this time. Always blaming the Tok'ra for this, blaming the Tau'ri for that. Whiny undisciplined morons.
                              Ehehehe.
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                                Jack O'Neill and

Spoiler:
                                Did I make you angry? BAHAHAHHAHAHA! J.K. Actually, the character I find most annoying is
                                Spoiler:
                                almost the entire Jaffa Nation. No joke this time. Always blaming the Tok'ra for this, blaming the Tau'ri for that. Whiny undisciplined morons.
                                Ehehehe.
                                Had you been serious about Jack I would have agreed with you...at least in part. I found him very annoying in seasons 7 and 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X