Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when would the public be ready for the stargate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bareassedmunky View Post
    Not every nation has a hitler. Ireland, Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden and many more have never had a hitler
    sooner or later Many Hitlers simply could not attain such power as the Germanic Hitler only because other countries do not give them to acquire such power and strength. And we know nothing about them. Many Hitlers not yet appeared. For Example Ivan 4 Terrible if he died in 1561 then went to history as a great civiliser and educator. But he died in 1584 and went down in history as a tyrant and a murderer.
    Originally posted by Bareassedmunky View Post
    I have had a very similar debate in another thread recently, but I shall repeat myself - why the hell do people assume that a world government always results from or leads to the disolvement of human rights?
    Why ? I have already answered this in the previous message. Social laws, many am feeling instinctively without even knowing the theory of Aristotle. If you are interested in this question then you should study the works of this man. This is useful and for self-development.
    Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
    SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      It would have to be after a number of events happen to prepare the public. Right now weve had decades of alien movies and that last poll i saw said more than 50% of the world believes aliens exist.

But we need nonthreatening aliens or we will panic, some people will panic anyways. I recommend small steps. Like a fossil in a meteorite, or a continous repeating signal from space. Something we can bicker and debate for years.

Then we need confirmation. Something small and non threatening, like a tiny ship arriving, or a coherant constant verifiable greeting signal from space. If we get big Independance Day or V ships hovering over out cities we are going to flip the @#$% out. A little ship buzzing washington long enough for everyone in the world to see it so theres no doubt would be best.

The passage of time is the best factor. 100 years ago war of the worlds made people freak out and kill eachother, in 2009 the same radio broadcast would be laughed at, and get terrible ratings. I live on my computer while my grandparents barely know what one is, while todays kids are playing MMOs before they can even talk. Whats weird to us will be old hat in less than a generation. So if aliens land everyone born after it is gonna consider it normal. While some of us will freak out, the next gen is gonna always see it as same old same old. So realistically, as bad as it can be itll be over in <10 years. If 100 years after first contact they were to announce that the pyramids were landing pads for aliens or that we are all BSG refugees no one would bat an eye. If they did that now we would freak out. If Obama got on tv right now and announced ET contact a fair percentage of people would say DUH or I TOLD YOU SO!

Finally, ET needs a cute figure head like Thor. Charismatic and physically cute. If my first alien was a unas id prolly throw a rock at it and scream. They need a hell of a PR guy.

All of this goes for the existance of a stargate as well as alien life

watch V....the original series as well as the reboot have the "front man" being a gorgeous woman. smart aliens!

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      That actually isnt a bad idea. Stage a ufo crash with abuncha dead aliens inside (pre dead not murdered for the event) and have one charismatic survivor to tell us about his world and set up public relations with his species. Then the goverment can make public alot of their advanced technology they already had anyways and say it was alien derived. None of that is really a lie, its staged as hell, but it gets the job done safely and quickly.

By the time we are used to aliens no one will give a crap if it was staged. Its like seeing the Zapruder film now, who cares other than the 10 history authors writing another freaking book on jfk?
      But it can only be done after our "dear leader" gets his apology speech to gou'ald written. Personally.... if/when something like this goes public it will be a shock to many... but humanity will survive...we always do!

Comment

For the sake of the series, I hope it doesn't happen at all.

If we're talking hypothetical reality, I tend to think that most of the world would be ready and willing to accept it. Well, everyone except the really far-right looneys (not singling any countries out here either, there's crazies of that variety all over the world).
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
          TPTB Script Error only. With such power as is shown after a series of 10.20 Unending any governor would not hide a gate. Disclosing the gates did not change world, would be similar to our universe. The existence of the gate is not contrary to the majority of world religions. A panic occurs only if is present imminent unusual threat. Such a threat as the Goa'uld in the first season.

o you remember what happened to that planet daniel and co went too, where he got injured after those religious rebels staged an uprising?? I could easily see something like that happening here if it went public.

But I can't stop thinking about a "New World" scenario. We, the "superior" ones set out to colonise planets, using natives and their resources, tricking them into deals and so forth.
          IMO it has already sort of been happening, both here and in pegasus.

One way I'd actually try to prepare the public for it would be to make a "Stargate" show or series of movies that exactly reflect the reality of what's out there so at least some people will watch them and get interested. You'd have to really push them out there though, make it a big deal somehow so that most of society becomes at least passingly aware of it the way they are of something like star wars or star trek.
          Use that reporter from heroes' tape he made..

That actually isnt a bad idea. Stage a ufo crash with abuncha dead aliens inside (pre dead not murdered for the event) and have one charismatic survivor to tell us about his world and set up public relations with his species.
          Prob with that is unless it is publicised right from the get go, it will wind up like area 51 and rosswell..

Comment

Originally posted by Bebbe777 View Post
            Mankind is young. Our body and brain is still best adapted for an agricultural society. We are not ready for the modern society we have created today and we are certainly not ready to enter a stargate.
            So you think it would take millions upon millions of years of physiological evolution to get to that point? (do you also think the "brains" can't possibly do anything but war given the way they are now, i.e. without all that genetic change?)

What would we do, now that we have created that modern society, then?
            Last edited by mike3; 01 October 2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

A short and simple answer to this thread is:

The US government recognizes that people are stupid and so they would never reveal the program.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                a short and simple answer to this thread is:

The us government recognizes that people are stupid and so they would never reveal the program.
                l.o.l.

Comment

Working...
                X