This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.stargatenovels.com/ndetail.php?book=SG1-TBC

It's the only novel currently listed on upcoming at the minute. Hopefully we'll get an update soon. Also Insurrection arrived in time for my weekend getaway!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Just curious. Besides Valhalla, are there any other novels featuring Jonas? I mean, he was a main character for one whole season and appeared in two others. That's more seasons than Vala. Lol

Comment

Just the one book as far as I remember. No one seems to like him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Just the one book as far as I remember. No one seems to like him.
          I think it's more the story that wasn't liked. Lots of folks like Jonas, including me.

Comment

I loved Jonas. I was pissed he never came back after season 7.

Maybe EAG meant none of the authors seem to like him?

Comment

Originally posted by LawgSkrak View Post
              I loved Jonas. I was pissed he never came back after season 7.

Maybe EAG meant none of the authors seem to like him?
              I doubt that it's that the authors dislike him. I have a feeling that they know that it's safer to stick with books about classic SG-1 (Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) because that's a team that almost everyone enjoys, so that's what's going to sell. I'm a huge Jonas fan, and I do wish that he would be included more, but he isn't as universally accepted as Daniel is.
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

He was a much less popular character than Daniel. I think we wont see Jonas for the same reason we're not going to see any SGU novels. Fandy doesn't think they'll sell.

Personally I loved him. And SGU.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                  I doubt that it's that the authors dislike him. I have a feeling that they know that it's safer to stick with books about classic SG-1 (Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) because that's a team that almost everyone enjoys, so that's what's going to sell. I'm a huge Jonas fan, and I do wish that he would be included more, but he isn't as universally accepted as Daniel is.
                  He was hugely unaccepted by Daniel fans. They hated him for taking over Daniel's place on the team. The actor even got death threats from unhinged Daniel fans.

Comment

I get the impression the authors are more SG1 purists. Vala and Cam are only in a couple of the twenty some odd books. More than Jonas a f course but still...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      He was hugely unaccepted by Daniel fans. They hated him for taking over Daniel's place on the team. The actor even got death threats from unhinged Daniel fans.
                      Yep. That has never sat well with me, especially because Michael Shanks decided to leave. But it is what it is. I love Jonas and Corin Nemec, and would love to see more of the books including him. It doesn't even have to be set Season 6. As a matter of fact, I'd love a book set post "Fallout" to find out what happened to Jonas later in the series. All we know is that Langara was taken over by the Ori during S9 and 10, but that's all.
                      sigpic
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

I just finished Insurrection and I have to ask a question....

Spoiler:
                        So, it is just me or is there a pretty big screw up in the last third of the book. The Sam and Jack from 2098 come back with the time jumper and change the past, preventing themselves from getting sent to the future. They then take the time jumper back to the war torn 2098 Earth they came from originally. That's not possible, right? Once the changed they timeline the past they were in had a different future. Sam even acknowledged it must be an alternate Earth, like we saw with the mirror. So they had no way to get back to the fight at all since they time jumper couldn't jump parallel dimensions, right? Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Yep. That has never sat well with me, especially because Michael Shanks decided to leave. But it is what it is. I love Jonas and Corin Nemec, and would love to see more of the books including him. It doesn't even have to be set Season 6. As a matter of fact, I'd love a book set post "Fallout" to find out what happened to Jonas later in the series. All we know is that Langara was taken over by the Ori during S9 and 10, but that's all.
                          Well, yeah, that's what I want. Something set after the series.

Why not write a book or miniseries with ALL the characters, original SG1, Jonas and Val and Cam?

Comment

Well, yeah, that's what I want. Something set after the series.

Why not write a book or miniseries with ALL the characters, original SG1, Jonas and Val and Cam?
                            Moebius and Roswell both feature everyone, except Jonas.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Moebius and Roswell both feature everyone, except Jonas.
                              Lol. Well that sucks.

Another question. Do all the Stargate novels tie in with each other, or are they like the Star Trek books used to be? Meaning, something that happens in one book might be contradicted in another book.

Comment

Lol. Well that sucks.

Another question. Do all the Stargate novels tie in with each other, or are they like the Star Trek books used to be? Meaning, something that happens in one book might be contradicted in another book.
                                I don't think I've seen them contradict each other, but they don't obviously tie in together either. There are a couple that reference each other (I remember that one book coyly references "City of the Gods" and the books written by the same authors sometimes find ways to reference their own works as well), but that's about it. Unless the books are in a series, you don't need to read one to understand the others.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X