X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    Thought it was 9 for some reason.

Holding out for the print copy.

Has anyone read the e-copy? General, none spoiler thoughts?
    I have both the ebook and the soft cover copy.

I assume it is in Season 10 because Vala has a significant part in it, and she's been on the team for quite awhile. She was only in Season 9 for about 8 episodes - 6 of which Sam wasn't in. The latter two episodes of Season 9, she was pregnant. So, the obvious conclusion is that it was in Season 10.

It's a good book. Everyone gets some attention in the book. I should say, "I" think it's a good book.

The print copy has been available for a long time now.

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to Murder at the SGC in regards to what they thought of the book. Wasn't really clear there.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to Murder at the SGC in regards to what they thought of the book. Wasn't really clear there.
        "Murder at the SGC" should be available in print mid or late May (according to Stargate Novels).

Comment

I think we're having a bad bout of communication here xD

I know when it's due out in print. Was just wondering if anyone had read the e-book and what they thought of it.
          sigpic

Comment

I think we're having a bad bout of communication here xD

I know when it's due out in print. Was just wondering if anyone had read the e-book and what they thought of it.
            Sorry about that. If you're wondering about "Roswell", how much info would you like?

Spoiler:
            It's a time travel story involving the SG1 (with Cam; Vala was left at the SGC for some reason and did not go on the introductory mission with the rest of the team). On attempting to gate back to the SGC, SG1 gets thrown into the past and lands in the cavern at Cheyenne Mountain which will eventually become the SGC. Jack is at the SGC, temporarily in charge because Landry isn't there for some reason. 3-star general Samantha Carter comes back from the future to help rescue them and to correct a problem this whole fiasco started. General O'Neill and Vala take off in a jumper to rescue SG1 and reset the timeline to its appropriate course - after first messing things up and having to fix more than one thing.

Is that enough or too much? Or did I get it wrong again?

I haven't yet read "Murder at the SGC". Sounds kind of intriguing to me. I'm fairly easy to please with these books. Many people don't like a lot of the ones I liked, and the few I didn't like (with the exception of one), others have liked.

I have all the ebooks to date, and have bought the paperbacks for most of them - with the exception of two of the books. I also have a handful of the SGA books.

Comment

Just brought a print copy of Murder at the SGC. Can't wait. Been dying for some new SG.
              sigpic

Comment

Just brought a print copy of Murder at the SGC. Can't wait. Been dying for some new SG.
                Just started it myself
                sigpic

----------
                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I just read it the other day. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

I've been reading "Far Horizons", the book of short stories, divided about equally between SG1 and SGA. So far, I've quite enjoyed all the stories. I have two more to go before I'm finished with the book.

Comment

My copy of Murder arrived. Woop.

As for Far Horizons, I quite liked it. It's split equally with SG1 and Atlantis. I liked them all - other than Sabine's, if I remember rightly. I think I posted my comments somewhere here.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm about 120 pages into it. Enjoying it but Cam's concern over fitting in with the team seems out of place, especially considering the team has been together for a year by this point. Only Vala would be the new addition.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was kind of meh, of Murder. It wasn't bad, I just prefer books with loads of Jack. I can't WAIT for Exile (the sequel to Hostile Ground) to come out this summer!
                          FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
                          I Saw Three Ships
                          What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
                          Staying Behind
                          Always Find You
                          Paper Flowers
                          The Things We Want
                          Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Jack'sMajorGirl View Post
                            I was kind of meh, of Murder. It wasn't bad, I just prefer books with loads of Jack. I can't WAIT for Exile (the sequel to Hostile Ground) to come out this summer!
                            i can't say i'm a fan of this novel either. it's weakest point to me was that it actually felt like a season 9 episode, in that danger and possible death was handled as seriously as one of them stubbing a toe. just because someone(s) been almost killed for years, doesn't mean that they stop being scared or concerned about it.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I just finished Murder at the SGC (still hate the title). It was okay. As a mystery it was okay. One of the things I love about the novels are when they fill in the gaps between episodes or take things from the episodes and expand on them. For Murder, it was obviously Vala's inclusion in the SGC and Mitchell's taking over SG-1 - but it just didn't fit for me. He'd been with them nearly a year by that point and it shouldn't have been as big of a deal as the book made it.

Definitely not as good as the Legacy books.
                              sigpic

Comment

I just finished Hostile Ground and...

Spoiler:
                                Somehow I missed the text Book one of the Apocalypse series so when I realized there wasn't going to be a solution I was a bit disappointed. Also, as a shipper, I found no ship at all which was another disappointment. I'm not a fan of the Wraith so I didn't like them either. Otherwise I liked it, and hope I can get a paperback copy of the next books, too, for a reasonable price..

I also read Ouroboros.

Spoiler:
                                Again with the Wraith. Maybe it was just having read two books where SG-1 encounters the Wraith for the first time, but this wasn't my favourite either. Alternate universe Atlantis just didn't work for me.

I did like Barque of Heaven, A Matter of Honor and Cost of Honor. Sunrise and Moebius Squared are waiting in my book shelf.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X