Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The newest one actually looks interesting. Usually the previews to the books read like they're all jack/daniel buddy and oh yeah, the chick and the black guy are in there too......so I give them a pass. this one actually looks like it has potential.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      The newest one actually looks interesting. Usually the previews to the books read like they're all jack/daniel buddy and oh yeah, the chick and the black guy are in there too......so I give them a pass. this one actually looks like it has potential.
      It does!! I got it this morning at about 1230 and could not put it down till about an hour ago. Needless to say I am TIRED!!! But the book was great. I felt like I was finally reading an SG-1 episode as it should be written.

Spoiler:
      All the characters got pretty even page time. I didn't feel that the story focused on one particular character, but rather each person was given time as their part in the story unfolds. The plot was interesting and I loved how they tied Egeria, the Au team, the descendants of the ancients, and Carter getting the Hammond. And even if you do not like Jack/Sam shipping, which I do, it is not thrown in your face. It is their and evident but spoken about subtly. I really wish these authors would do more SG-1 stories as I have been impressed with their Legacy series and now looking forward to reading Ouroborus by Melissa Scott.

Comment

This post has nothing to do with Moebius Squared but Hydra. Is there anyone who can explain what was the whole deal was with the weird planet with all the ghost like people running around? I just re read it and do not get it still. I'll admit my eyes glazed over with the sciencey parts so maybe that is why I am having a hard time understanding it.

Comment

"Moebius Squared" is now available on Barnes & Noble.

Comment

I bought Mobeius Squared yesterday via Barnes and Noble. I still have The Drift, Four Dragons, and Roswell to read, so this one is going to sit until then.

I got my boyfriend sucked into the novels - he read Four Dragons and LOVED it. I will be reading it after The Drift, which I am enjoying immensely, despite the fact that I am still at the beginning and it is a slow start. He will be reading The Drift next. Let's just say I bought the boyfriend a gift card from Barnes and Noble to feed the habit.

My boyfriend texted me several weeks ago when he was starting Four Dragons, and said "Are these books supposed to be slow?" I told him to keep reading, they ALL start off slow. He texted me the next day, and said, "I'm halfway through, you were right!" Of course I was. :-)

I finished Heart's Desire about 2 weeks ago - unfortunately, sinus surgery didn't yield a very high attention span, so I didn't do much reading during my recovery a month ago - I liked it. I know not everyone enjoyed it, but I love the twist about 50 pages before the end - THAT was interesting.
            sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
              This post has nothing to do with Moebius Squared but Hydra. Is there anyone who can explain what was the whole deal was with the weird planet with all the ghost like people running around? I just re read it and do not get it still. I'll admit my eyes glazed over with the sciencey parts so maybe that is why I am having a hard time understanding it.
              My short-term memory makes it hard or me to answer, but I believe it was
              Spoiler:
              the affect of the time dilations that SG1 was seeing, not only themselves, but multipes of He-They's extinct civilization.

And the reason the blind inhabitants called the alien to their world "He-They" is that their ancestors perceived multiples of him before their population lost their sight.
              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

DancerChick, did you know that The Drift is a sequel to Four Dragons? If not, you might want to put it aside and get Four Dragons from your boyfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                  My short-term memory makes it hard or me to answer, but I believe it was
                  Spoiler:
                  the affect of the time dilations that SG1 was seeing, not only themselves, but multipes of He-They's extinct civilization.

And the reason the blind inhabitants called the alien to their world "He-They" is that their ancestors perceived multiples of him before their population lost their sight.

Okay. That makes sense. I also figured you would answer that question but you expressed your like of this book , which prompted me to go back and re read it. This time I actually did enjoy it. Not the science part but actually reading about the duplicates was interesting. Now maybe I can go back and re read Valhalla and maybe it will be more interesting the second time around. Although I think I will skip reading PBTT since I feel that book I just cannot handle again.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                    I'll have to wait to get this one - after Xmas shopping I'm broke.
                    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Okay. That makes sense. I also figured you would answer that question but you expressed your like of this book , which prompted me to go back and re read it. This time I actually did enjoy it. Not the science part but actually reading about the duplicates was interesting. Now maybe I can go back and re read Valhalla and maybe it will be more interesting the second time around. Although I think I will skip reading PBTT since I feel that book I just cannot handle again.
                        Hmmmmm, Vahalla was pretty much a mess from what I can recall.

Merry Christmas and Happy Baby Jesus' Birthday to you, too, Hedwig - and everyone else who celebrates CHRISTmas!

Comment

I'm reading Moebius Squared - so. far so very good; however, I always spot these canon mistakes

Spoiler:
                          The author has Teal'c worried about being host to his symbiote and also Shaur'nac being host to Amaunet in an alternate timeline. Although, I do believe the series had one inconsistent episode - Bane - where Teal'c made that same assertion that he could become host to his symbiote. So if the author recalled that episode and not the others negating that, I can't hold it against her.

Comment

I can't always hold too much like that against authors, especially when the show's writers contradicted canon any time it made a newer story work easier.

All our canon contradictions came from the show's writers first.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If this has been asked before I apologize in advance. Does anyone know why stargatenovels.com would not have some books available for print on demand like Exogenesis or Siren Song? I went to order some books from them and noticed that several were out of print. I would think print on demand would enable to print some of those books, although I will not presume to know how the publishing company works. I was just surprised.

Comment

If this has been asked before I apologize in advance. Does anyone know why stargatenovels.com would not have some books available for print on demand like Exogenesis or Siren Song? I went to order some books from them and noticed that several were out of print. I would think print on demand would enable to print some of those books, although I will not presume to know how the publishing company works. I was just surprised.
                                I think the early ones were actually printed in a conventional print run and were never set up for print on demand, and the original print run has sold out. Maybe if there's enough people who want them they will be set up for print on demand.
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X