This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
    They're brilliant. Not many are of poor quality. So far the only novels I haven't really enjoyed at City of the Gods and Entanglement. Mirror, Mirror, I could do with another re-read of as I didn't entirely get it. And I've continually heard bad things about Nightfall unfortunately - which is weird since all James' other stuff has been amazing.

But the other 20 or so novels are absolutely wonderful. I continually re-read them and they continue to give me my SG fix. I hope to eventually see some original novels set in the SG universe.

And the audio novels, same goes for them. They're brilliant. If not a little extra-scifiy. It's wonderful to hear the voices of the actors reading new adventures. I always eagerly await the new books.

In other words, buy 'em all.
    I LOVE the audio novels. I bought the Michael Shanks/Claudia Black 3-parter when I was at the Con in August (Thanks Alien Entertainment, for saving me a little bit of money and not having to buy directly from Big Finish - my credit card was compromised last year, and since the purchases were made overseas, that's where I think the culprit was). I also just got the one with Torri Higginson (A Necessary Evil), and Shell Game. I did downloads of those through iTunes, and I am going to continue to get any new additions through itunes, the price is about equivalent with the exchange rate i I downloaded via Big Finish.

I am going to buy "The Drift" and a few other SG-1 novels - I am having surgery in mid-November, and will be laid up for a week. If I'm lucid enough and get bored watching DVDs during my recovery time, I'd like to have something good to read.
    sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
    Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
    Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
    Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

The audio book told from Walter Harriman's point of view was fun. I can't remember it specifically because of my memory issues, but when I think of it - I smile.

Did someone say The Drift is a sequel to Four Dragons? If so, I may need to re-read Four Dragons before starting The Drift.
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
        Did someone say The Drift is a sequel to Four Dragons? If so, I may need to re-read Four Dragons before starting The Drift.
        It's supposed to be a sequel, but going by the description I'm not sure how it will be a sequel. Guess I'll just have to read and find out. I get mine from Barnes & Noble, and they're always 2-4 days behind amazon.com in having it available.

Comment

Thanks, Hedwig. The Drift will now have to wait until I at least skim through Four Dragons again. But right now, I'm re-reading Hydra. It is even better than I remembered. It's Jack O'Neill with the PG-13 gloves off!
          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            It's supposed to be a sequel, but going by the description I'm not sure how it will be a sequel. Guess I'll just have to read and find out. I get mine from Barnes & Noble, and they're always 2-4 days behind amazon.com in having it available.
            That's the worst part about the books on digital. I also get mine from b&n for my nook and I get pretty impatient waiting for b&n to get the book out. I'm trying to tell myself its a good thing to learn patience.

It will be interesting to see how this book ties in with Four Dragons.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
              That's the worst part about the books on digital. I also get mine from b&n for my nook and I get pretty impatient waiting for b&n to get the book out. I'm trying to tell myself its a good thing to learn patience.

It will be interesting to see how this book ties in with Four Dragons.
              I have a Nook as well, and last time one of the SG books was released, I think it took about 4 days before B&N got it - after amazon.com and the Stargate Novels-Fandemonium sites did. So maybe by this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

I have a Nook as well, and last time one of the SG books was released, I think it took about 4 days before B&N got it - after amazon.com and the Stargate Novels-Fandemonium sites did. So maybe by this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.
                Thanks for crossing your fingers!! The book is out for the nook!

Comment

Thanks for crossing your fingers!! The book is out for the nook!
                  Yep. I just checked a bit earlier today and got it. I'm about 50 pages into it, and so far it's quite good.

Comment

Awesome! I can't wait to hear what you and everyone else thinks. I just bought it, so I am gonna start reading now. I do like the cover a lot as well.

Comment

Awesome! I can't wait to hear what you and everyone else thinks. I just bought it, so I am gonna start reading now. I do like the cover a lot as well.
                      I'll be interested in reading what you think of it, as well.

Comment

I bought "The Drift" and "Roswell" for the Kindle app on my iPad (yes, total impatience, since I usually use the Nook app). I am reading "Heart's Desire" (which I'm actually enjoying) at the moment, so those books will have to wait. Since I heard "The Drift" is a sequel to "Four Dragons," I guess I better get that one too, although an Amazon review says it doesn't hurt to know that book but its not important to have read it first. Hmmm, what to do, what to do...
                        sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
                        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
                        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
                        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Originally posted by DancerChick1982 View Post
                          I bought "The Drift" and "Roswell" for the Kindle app on my iPad (yes, total impatience, since I usually use the Nook app). I am reading "Heart's Desire" (which I'm actually enjoying) at the moment, so those books will have to wait. Since I heard "The Drift" is a sequel to "Four Dragons," I guess I better get that one too, although an Amazon review says it doesn't hurt to know that book but its not important to have read it first. Hmmm, what to do, what to do...
                          You don't actually have to read "Four Dragons" first, but having read "The Drift" yesterday, it really wouldn't hurt to also read "Four Dragons". There's enough going on in "The Drift" that you'll understand it a bit better by reading "Four Dragons" first.

I thoroughly enjoyed "The Drift". Lots of action. All of SG1 is in it, and they are all represented well.

One teeny little nitpick is that Dr. Lee is referred to as "Robert Lee" in the latter half of the book. His name is "Bill Lee".

Comment

I'm waiting for it to be available for my Kobo. I've gotten the other ebook for my kindle app on my iPad, but I find there are a lot of formatting issues, so I'm waiting. Do I need to read Fourn Dragons first?
                            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                              I'm waiting for it to be available for my Kobo. I've gotten the other ebook for my kindle app on my iPad, but I find there are a lot of formatting issues, so I'm waiting. Do I need to read Fourn Dragons first?
                              It would be a good idea to read "Four Dragons" first, just so you know what's going on with some of the characters in "The Drift".

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                                KOBO reads epubs so you can get your books from http://store.crossroadpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X