This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    I'm not frustrated. Aside from Mirror, Mirror by Sabine Bauer, I've felt the publications have been a waste of time and money.
    Oh, sorry. "Like everybody else except EllieVee" then. Then again, there are other things in the Stargate francise that I feel are a waste of time and money. To each his/her own.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      anYbody know where I can find the character list for Stargate Atlantis: Legacy: the Homecoming? Cause I wanna know who's going to be making an appearence in thy book?
      Jo Graham posted a list on her LJ a while ago, link to LJ: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Who would be interested in seeing the storyline that was to be used for the not defunct Stargate Worlds MMORPG turned into novels?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
          Oh, sorry. "Like everybody else except EllieVee" then. Then again, there are other things in the Stargate francise that I feel are a waste of time and money. To each his/her own.
          Oh, indeed, happens a lot across television (thinks of a certain season five of a particular show). Amongst my own SG fan acquaintances, I don't know anyone who will purchase another of these.

Comment

Oh, indeed, happens a lot across television (thinks of a certain season five of a particular show). Amongst my own SG fan acquaintances, I don't know anyone who will purchase another of these.
            And yet, personal acquaintances are sometimes not as representative of the whole of Stargate fandom as... say... Amazon rankings.

Wanna continue, or can we drop it here?
            Last edited by Tinah; 29 April 2010, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Oh, let's continue because I didn't say anything about fandom as a whole, just a corner of it, and frankly, Amazon rankings are also not representative of fandom merely another portion of it. When speaking of frustration, perhaps people can speak for themselves rather than 'everyone'. Beware generalisations.

Comment

Beware generalisations.
                Well, I think I can be forgiven for assuming that people who post in this thread are actually interested in the novels, and frustrated with the delays. That one single person doesn't think any of them are worth their time and money, and still posting here, that's an exception from the majority. And no, I'm not going to derail this thread further with debating SGU. I only expessed my interest, and non-interest, as a customer of Stargate novels, nothing else. I'm afraid you'll have to find somebody else to argue with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
                  Well, I think I can be forgiven for assuming that people who post in this thread are actually interested in the novels, and frustrated with the delays. That one single person doesn't think any of them are worth their time and money, and still posting here, that's an exception from the majority. And no, I'm not going to derail this thread further with debating SGU. I only expessed my interest, and non-interest, as a customer of Stargate novels, nothing else. I'm afraid you'll have to find somebody else to argue with.
                  Tut, tut, I mentioned one that I liked. And uh, I never mentioned SGU ...

Comment

I'm sorry, there's no point in continuing this conversation. Have fun playing your little wordgames with somebody else!

Comment

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love the Fandemonium SG-1 books. I've now read every one of them and a few Atlantis ones too and I really don't understand why anyone would say they're all crap except for one. IMO there were episodes with worse storylines than some of the books.
                      Anyway, I wish people would stop posting in threads just to bash the topic. People here have been waiting for months for news on the books, that must mean they don't stink I'd say...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Screw View Post
                        Just wanted to say that I absolutely love the Fandemonium SG-1 books. I've now read every one of them and a few Atlantis ones too and I really don't understand why anyone would say they're all crap except for one. IMO there were episodes with worse storylines than some of the books.
                        Anyway, I wish people would stop posting in threads just to bash the topic. People here have been waiting for months for news on the books, that must mean they don't stink I'd say...
                        *looks amazed that people have actually got upset because someone has said they don't like most of the novels*

Comment

Yes I'm extremely upset. Tears are running down my cheeks.
                          No, I was just saying...
                          sigpic

Comment

Elle...for someone so uninterested in the novels you seem to visit this thread quite often. You don't like them, that's fine, thanks for your input, I think you'll find others aren't upset with you saying you don't like them, but rather with your continual debate of such.

I will say that I agree with you that SOME of the novels have been what I would call sub-par, but every novel that comes out keeps the SGA part of franchise alive, if we didn't have the novels we'd have nothing. Perhaps when you read the next novel and if you don't like it as well then you should return to the thread and voice your feelings again on that novel.

What I find frustrating is that it seems to be the SGA novels that are being hit hardest with delays, we haven't seen an SGA novel since last year and there have been plenty scheduled...and delayed over and over. Thankfully I have the SG1 novels that have been keeping me reading.

I found this today on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all ....anyone want to buy Brinstone for $2.500 seeing as it wasn't ever released????
                            Last edited by gottaluvit; 01 May 2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Stargate SG-1: Roswell .... very good book.

Comment

Originally posted by Óðinn1 View Post
                                Stargate SG-1: Roswell .... very good book.
                                Oh. I just finished that one! I agree, it was very good. I had some minor nit-picks but all in all it was one of my favorite books. Now I have to try and decide which one out of the five I haven't read yet to start next.

Comment

Working...
                                X