This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we get old?

if we are lucky enough to reach 80, 90 or enen 100 years old how will you remember your years with Stargate? heck it might still be going and you are still a fan and a regular contibutor to the boards, but what do you hope your memories to be?

I would like to remember the fun, the great characters (goodies and meanies) and the sense of being in a special community ie gateworld and the friends I enjoy stargate with. What are some of yours

the good side of being old is that i won't remember watching Stargate. and i can re watch it like it was fresh and new again.

great that woo ahh feeling back
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      the good side of being old is that i won't remember watching Stargate. and i can re watch it like it was fresh and new again.

THATS REALLY FUNNY, I LIKE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
        if we are lucky enough to reach 80, 90 or enen 100 years old how will you remember your years with Stargate? heck it might still be going and you are still a fan and a regular contibutor to the boards, but what do you hope your memories to be?

I would like to remember the fun, the great characters (goodies and meanies) and the sense of being in a special community ie gateworld and the friends I enjoy stargate with. What are some of yours
        I suspect that when you get old you'll remember Stargate quite well. It'll be the new sci-fi shows of the time that you'll hate and wish you could forget.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

And think of all the rep blocks you'll have stretching across the Gateworld Forum Screen by that time.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post

Probably wont remember anything i will probably suffer from dementia and long term memory loss.
          Then i could watch it again with the show being just as amazing. Although when Daniel dies i will be so shocked i could have a stroke and die..... so i might avoid the series when i am old
          Tst

Comment

Its when you can remember every detail about a character (even the unimportant ones) but cant remember a family members name! lol

Comment

"granddad, what was stargate like when you were young?"
              "oh, we were foolish and ignorant"

Comment

probaly wont even make it to 80, although it would probaly be like how my mum watches M*A*S*H on fox classics and i got no choice but to watch it
                Last edited by chevron670; 31 March 2009, 12:34 AM. Reason: still had more to say

Comment

I'll probably remember the Wraith more than anything else.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thats one way to make the grandkids stfu and have a nap lol

"Grandad tell us a story !!!!"

" Alreet then nippers, let me tell u about these 2 most evil of beings in the whole wide universe, they are the Wraith *hissssssss* and theose dastardly CLowns ..."

C40
                    So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
                    “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

By the time I'm 100 yrs old, I plan to be a mod here at Gateworld and have at least 100,000 posts. That's only 1,204 posts per year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                        By the time I'm 100 yrs old, I plan to be a mod here at Gateworld and have at least 100,000 posts. That's only 1,204 posts per year.
                        Your logic is flawed. Your are basing this on the assumption in 100 years the Internet will still simliar to its current structure and that GW will still exist.

Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I would remember 'Sunday' watching that one never gets old

Comment

I think I personally will look back and wonder about things like who Oprah and The Simpsons were.

Comment

The sad thing is that in 5 years, i think stargate will all be over
                              i bet we get 3 or 4 seasons of Stargate Universe, and a 3rd SG-1 Movie and 1 aTLANTIS
                              THE HAM HAS SPOKEN

Comment

Working...
                              X