This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis doesn't like the Asgard

Anubis doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. He was always taunting them telling them how their technology doesn't work. And he was always snubbing his nose at Thor whenever he was with him. Anubis is a good goa'uld, but his lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

Just an FYI
    We have an ON TOPIC rule here. If you don't want to discuss the topic no one is forcing you to. If you do not like OR agree with the topic no one is forcing you to open or read the thread or even standing over you requiring that you make a post. So unless you are posting something relevant to the topic of the thread AND being respectful to fellow Members then close the thread and move on.

Thank You
    TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Anubis met Thor... once? I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. And he did his usual super villain taunting thing. He's a goa'uld (sort of) he hates everyone.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

He's a much smarter Goa'uld than the other System Lords but like all them he's very condescending to those that he feels superior to.

Spoiler:
        He did retain some of the knowledge he gained from ascending (and his eventual forced de-scension) kinda gives him that advantage... which is how he is able to whoop the other System Lords collective a$$es and is what gives him the confidence to stand up to the Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
          Anubis doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. He was always taunting them telling them how their technology doesn't work. And he was always snubbing his nose at Thor whenever he was with him. Anubis is a good goa'uld, but his lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.
          The idea is to bring fear in the minds of his enemies (in this case, Thor). Even if the are The Asgard, Anubis had the technology of The Goa'uld and The Ancients (a fact that everybody knows).
          The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by Karhedron
          I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Of course, the superiority complex is a given. He doesn't even seem to care much for those who work directly beneath him. He always seemed to have a chip on his shoulder though when it came to the Asgard. Probably because he felt oppressed by them as they at one time limited what he could do.

He specifically attacked a protected planet just to spit on Thor, metaphorically speaking.

Comment

Of course, the superiority complex is a given. He doesn't even seem to care much for those who work directly beneath him. He always seemed to have a chip on his shoulder though when it came to the Asgard. Probably because he felt oppressed by them as they at one time limited what he could do.

He specifically attacked a protected planet just to spit on Thor, metaphorically speaking.
              He met the Asgard once. Which planet did he supposedly attack just to spite Thor?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't respect them either. Look, they don't even wear pants! Would you respect some short, bald and pant less clone? I know I wouldn't. Besides everyone knows that Anubis is a well-known racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  He met the Asgard once. Which planet did he supposedly attack just to spite Thor?
                  I definitely do not remember the name of the planet or the episode, but it is a well known episode where he destroys the Asgard ship, marking the first time in the series the Goa'uld could do that. Thor was the only Asgard off that ship that he transported, leaving the other Asgard to die.

Plus he strapped Thor down to a table, which was totally unnecessary, given the fact that Thor with his frail body couldn't possibly hope to overpower any living being on that ship. It was just one more slap in the face to further demoralize Thor after losing his ship and crew.

Comment

I definitely do not remember the name of the planet or the episode, but it is a well known episode where he destroys the Asgard ship, marking the first time in the series the Goa'uld could do that. Thor was the only Asgard off that ship that he transported, leaving the other Asgard to die.

Plus he strapped Thor down to a table, which was totally unnecessary, given the fact that Thor with his frail body couldn't possibly hope to overpower any living being on that ship. It was just one more slap in the face to further demoralize Thor after losing his ship and crew.
                    Can you throw a season number at me? Are we talking Revelations here?

Thor was the commanding officer of an Asgard vessel, what is in essence an enemy vessel for Anubis. Strapping Thor on the table was because he is a) an overly cliched super villain, and b) Thor was about to have procedures performed on him. Besides, demoralising your prisoner is standard for evil baddies.

Let me make this perfectly clear, the Asgard are an enemy race to the goa'uld. The protected planets treaty is not about the Goa'uld respecting the Asgard, it's about fear. Something which Anubis no longer has as he is part ascended and knows exactly what capabilities the Asgard actually have, which isn't actually much.

So ok, for once let's say that Anubis DOESN'T respect the Asgard, why is this an issue, they're enemies. Do the Atlantis team respect the Genii?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

well of course he wouldn't like thor, HE'S HIS ENEMY!!! he was an egotistical goauld!
                      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                      sigpic

Comment

so The6thRace is making with his "X hates the asgard" threads, once again, this is what, like the 4th thread? only this time, stating something so natural yet so stupid, since like tombombadil said, why would our greatest enemy not hate our greatest ally?
                        Also this line:
                        "Anubis is a good goa'uld, but his lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing."
                        Makes me wonder have you actualy seen the show?

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

You know who else hates the Asgard? Oma. Because she didn't help them ascend even though she was battling Anubis.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            You know who else hates the Asgard? Oma. Because she didn't help them ascend even though she was battling Anubis.
                            lol

i wonder whose next in line to hate the Asgard....Loki

Comment

Actually the attack on the planet seemed to be an attempt to gain access to Asgard technology/research. Thor told the Goa'uld that their being there was a violation of the Protected Planets Treaty, but the planet wasn't capable of supporting life and at one point (before Anubis arrived) Osris asked her Jaffa if they had located the facility yet, so it's rather clear that they knew about the facility in advance and their motivation for being there was to find it.

Thor was the only Asgard off that ship that he transported, leaving the other Asgard to die.
                              Thor got into an escape pod before the destruction of his ship and the Goa'uld collected it while it was trying to enter the atmosphere. There's no way to know if any other Asgard were onboard to even try to escape (there was one reference to Thor having a crew way back when, but we never actually see more than one Asgard manning a ship throughout the run of the entire series so we don't know if that's a concept they dropped or if that was a special situation).

Comment

Working...
                              X