Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, so a tank won't fit through a Stargate, but...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ATV's would be awesome!

Some could be for recon, some for medical response, and some for all out dog fights!

They would also be cheap additions to the show, and allow them to have some nifty practical effects!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      I must admit that I'm much more familiar with British military tech, so forgive me for any mistakes here, but the air offensive mounted by the goa'uld in "Full Circle" appeared to be pretty low altitude, I would estimate way below 2000ft agl, now if as you said it is capable of eliminating high speed threats, I fail to see why certain goa'uld vessels would present a problem. The 45 minute issue appears to be a bit of a problem, and for the reasons I've already stated, that actually surprises me. Is that including missile flight time or time to aquire a target?

The very reasons you suggest appear to argue it's redundancy in general, not just in the gate-verse. And with all it's faults, the only role I could see it having a use for in the gateverse is defence of a fixed facility, which is what I was suggesting.
      Its take 45 seconds to a minue i mean(will edit that post).

Its the time you aquire the target, but once fired you have to keep tracking it for 5 to 8 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
        Its take 45 seconds to a minue i mean(will edit that post).

Its the time you aquire the target, but once fired you have to keep tracking it for 5 to 8 seconds.
        Lol. I thought 45 minutes seemed a bit off. Dontcha just love communication errors? I figured I'd bow to your US knowledge as you're based at Fort Bragg.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Lol. I thought 45 minutes seemed a bit off. Dontcha just love communication errors? I figured I'd bow to your US knowledge as you're based at Fort Bragg.
          lol, Its a good weapon system that would work in a real war in rl.

lol, My MOS is Air & Defense Artrillery, which I work with the Avenger only. SO I know a so much sh*t on it.

Comment

lol, Its a good weapon system that would work in a real war in rl.

lol
            But obviously it would depend on what type of conflict it was being operated in. When you intend to remain in theatre for extended periods of time, and maintain a continued presence, then I would whole heartedly agree with you.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

But obviously it would depend on what type of conflict it was being operated in. When you intend to remain in theatre for extended periods of time, and maintain a continued presence, then I would whole heartedly agree with you.
              Nope, the way the Avenger works is kinda like a advance scout. You got the enemey's frontline, then you got your frontline. right. Well the Avenger goes in the middle or in front of your frontline. Well thats how its supposed to be on the books.
              But there has not been a real war since WW2.

Comment

Nope, the way the Avenger works is kinda like a advance scout. You got the enemey's frontline, then you got your frontline. right. Well the Avenger goes in the middle or in front of your frontline. Well thats how its supposed to be on the books.
                But there has not been a real war since WW2.
                So in essence in a textbook conflict you would be stationing avengers directly at the front line to defend against enemy aircraft over flying your assets, am I correct?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

So in essence in a textbook conflict you would be stationing avengers directly at the front line to defend against enemy aircraft over flying your assets, am I correct?
                  Yes, but who knows we just might use it when we(US) invades Iran or North Korea.
                  Spoiler:
                  Please note this is a joke. It does not mean we are planning on doing it.

Comment

Yes, but who knows we just might use it when we(US) invades Iran or North Korea.
                    Spoiler:
                    Please note this is a joke. It does not mean we are planning on doing it.
                    So in essence, it's used for defending territory you already hold, hence why I was arguing that it's only useful for when you intend to maintain a presence, and in the gateverse would be best charged with being stationed as a defensive feature some way away from a temporary facility so as to prevent hostile aircraft from coming within targetting range. It would in fact be useless in an operation that is temporary in nature, particularly when the forces are expeditionary as they are when going through the stargate and forces need to more often that not, remain mobile. Would you agree?

(and lol at the joke. )

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

So in essence, it's used for defending territory you already hold, hence why I was arguing that it's only useful for when you intend to maintain a presence, and in the gateverse would be best charged with being stationed as a defensive feature some way away from a temporary facility so as to prevent hostile aircraft from coming within targetting range. It would in fact be useless in an operation that is temporary in nature, particularly when the forces are expeditionary as they are when going through the stargate and forces need to more often that not, remain mobile. Would you agree?

(and lol at the joke. )
                      I do agree.

(Lol)

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                        As we've seen, the gate room is capable of opening up from the top. Presumably anything can be set down carefully with a crane. That picture of O'Neill firing the gun is funny. Hooray for Jaffa tactics. Instead of crouching and picking him off from the ridge, they just run in waving their staff weapons in the air.

it takes several hours to lower down the stargate so lowering down a tank everytime you need one( if itll even fit through the gate) would be far to much trouble.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Interesting. My older sister was stationed at Fort Bragg several years ago, part of the 82nd Airborn Division. She was doing well until one of her practice jumps went wrong. She came down too fast, and knocked herself out for about an hour, before someone finally found her. Long story short, the medics told her to take some Motrin, and go home, but as it turns out, a large (large golf ball sized) tumor had formed, caused from the impact. Any way, it grew, until it finally had to be removed, and she went in for brain surgery, where the operation had some complications. She was really messed up for a while after the operation, but now she's pretty much OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post
                            Interesting. My older sister was stationed at Fort Bragg several years ago, part of the 82nd Airborn Division. She was doing well until one of her practice jumps went wrong. She came down too fast, and knocked herself out for about an hour, before someone finally found her. Long story short, the medics told her to take some Motrin, and go home, but as it turns out, a large (large golf ball sized) tumor had formed, caused from the impact. Any way, it grew, until it finally had to be removed, and she went in for brain surgery, where the operation had some complications. She was really messed up for a while after the operation, but now she's pretty much OK.
                            .............................Now I'm not sure I want to go airborne school, just afteer I've been talked/ kinda force to go.............J/K

But on a serious note, sorry to hear that.

Comment

.............................Now I'm not sure I want to go airborne school, just afteer I've been talked/ kinda force to go.............J/K

But on a serious note, sorry to hear that.
                              lol

Thanks.

Comment

Its my job.

Comment

Working...
                                X