This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    No they wouldn't, I'm not sure what you mean by that. All species would have either died out, or evolved into something else. It's a common misconception that because Humans evolved from apes, that mean that the apes we see today are the ones we evolved from. They're not. The apes we see today share a common ancestor with us, but that's all, they're just another branch on the evolutionary tree, and are as evolved as we are.
    Well then where did they all go? And what stopped evolution from going on through today? It seems curious that the only evidence that was eliminated from the fossil records are the ones in between species. And why are apes not still evolving today? And why would all in between species have become extinct? Seems strange that the only critters missing are the links.

~Dave

Comment

And while we're on the subject of evolution, what exactly is the process by which inanimate matter becomes animate matter? Surely a "scientist" would be able to explain this process before he/she would accept it as factual.

~Dave
      Last edited by ~Dave; 28 July 2008, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
        Well then where did they all go? And what stopped evolution from going on through today? It seems curious that the only evidence that was eliminated from the fossil records are the ones in between species. And why are apes not still evolving today? And why would all in between species have become extinct? Seems strange that the only critters missing are the links.

~Dave
        Apes are still evolving. As are we. There aren't solid steps in evolution that can be marked out in binary form. All creatures on earth are still continuing to evolve.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          Apes are still evolving. As are we. There aren't solid steps in evolution that can be marked out in binary form. All creatures on earth are still continuing to evolve.
          So why can't we see the in between stages walking around today? Where'd they all go?

~Dave

Comment

They didn't go anywhere, they're here.

The ones you refer to became the ones we see now.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

They didn't go anywhere, they're here.

The ones you refer to became the ones we see now.
              So you're saying something stopped evolution from happening, and removed all the in between species?

So you're saying that all was "somehow" removed except us and a "common" ancestor?

~Dave

Comment

Evolution hasn't stopped, and every species that has ever existed is an 'in-between' species, Humans included. As far as missing links go, they're discovered all the time, there are literally thousands of them.

Comment

Every species that has ever existed is an 'in-between' species. As far as missing links go, they're discovered all the time, there are literally thousands of them.
                  AFAIK, there are only the apes, and us left walking around. No traces of each in between step along the way. Why would the process stop, and why would all stages of primates between apes and modern man have vanished?

~Dave

Comment

AFAIK, there are only the apes, and us left walking around. No traces of each in between step along the way. Why would the process stop, and why would all stages of primates between apes and modern man have vanished?

~Dave
                    Like I have already said, modern man didn't evolve from the apes you see today. We have a common ancestor, apes that we both evolved from. No process has stopped, all species are still evolving. The 'in-between' steps as you call them are the apes that evolved into us, and other apes, that's why they're still not around.

Comment

Because the process HASN'T stopped.

We are NOT the apes. They are seperate but similar species, evolving continuously on their own path just as we are. You might aswell ask why you don't see Winston Churchill walking around, he's dead.

Trace our lineage backwards and youll find ApeLIKE creatures, but not apes, they bred, and bred, and produced us.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Because the process HASN'T stopped.

We are NOT the apes. They are seperate but similar species, evolving continuously on their own path just as we are. You might aswell ask why you don't see Winston Churchill walking around, he's dead.

Trace our lineage backwards and youll find ApeLIKE creatures, but not apes, they bred, and bred, and produced us.
                        Actually we are apes.

Comment

Like I have already said, modern man didn't evolve from the apes you see today. We have a common ancestor, apes that we both evolved from. No process has stopped, all species are still evolving.
                          A little parable:

Tadpoles "evolve" into frogs. But we can see all the stages between tadpoles and frogs. We don't just have frogs and a common ancestor "the tadpole" existing today. Not a great example, but it illustrates my point as best I can.

And so it should be with humans. We have humans and apes. And we should still have apes becoming humans today with each stages between each other one for us to see today. Why is this not the case?

~Dave

Comment

A little parable:

Tadpoles "evolve" into frogs. But we can see all the stages between tadpoles and frogs. We don't just have frogs and a common ancestor "the tadpole" existing today. Not a great example, but it illustrates my point as best I can.

And so it should be with humans. We have humans and apes. And we should still have apes becoming humans today with each stages between each other one for us to see today. Why is this not the case?

~Dave
                            It's not the case because you've completely misunderstood how evolution works, no offense. Tadpoles don't evolve into frogs, that's completely different, they're the same species when they're born as they are when they die. Species evolve, single organism don't. There is no ultimate evolutionary path for apes, why the hell would other apes share the same one as ours? Why would other apes be turning into humans? They wouldn't. And they're not.

This is the easiest way to convey why there are apes and humans and no 'in-between' species:

We start off with a common ancestor that evolves into many other different species, two being Gorillas and Humans. The species you're talking about, the ones we don't see, well we don't see them because they're the species that evolved into us and Gorillas, and every other ape on the planet.
                            Last edited by jenks; 28 July 2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I know I'm not the brightest light in the harbor. My degree is from the graduate school of public and international affairs at the university of pittsburgh. Still I have a mind which must have specific questions answered before I accept a premise as fact. If you can't answer the questions of inanimate matter becoming animate matter. Or a definition of evolution to include the link questions, I cannot accept it as factual. They are interesting theories, but only theories.

~Dave

Comment

Actually we are apes.
                                Yeah, but we're not THE apes, nor have we come from THE apes that we see in zoos and nature. That was all I was saying.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X