Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another question... why do we need a mini-series when we already have Atlantis, an ongoing TV series with 20 episodes per season? SG-1 and Atlantis only coexisted, because SciFi renewed SG-1 at the last minute after Atlantis was in pre-production. If you're wanting a movie event, we already had that this year in the form of two SG-1 movies: The Ark of Truth and Continuum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
      Miniseries is not the same as SERIES...
      Also SGU is still Gatebased..
      Exactly... this is Stargate, not Starship
      Also the only interesting character n the Daedalus is Cadwell, the rest are just extras/minor roles.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Remember we have Caldwell, Dr Novak the hiccup lady, Hermoid depending on the time it takes place, and maybe Kavanaugh. Seems like a good mix with a wide split of personalities to splash off eachother!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to start with but then when thinking more in depth about it, it becomes a more Star Trek kind of idea which would strip the stargate part away.

However, TPTB could prob pull something kool from it and make it really good, so yeah I wouldnt mind seeing a mini series

Comment

They could literally run into anything from either show (wraith, guaould, aschen etc). Apart from the battles fought on screen in SGA they travel back and forth between Earth and Atlantis. They spend a couple days in either galaxy where they could encounter baddies from either show. They spend most of their time between galaxies with GOD KNOWS WHAT lurking in the darkness. Its the things you dont see that are always the scariest

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              They could literally run into anything from either show (wraith, guaould, aschen etc). Apart from the battles fought on screen in SGA they travel back and forth between Earth and Atlantis. They spend a couple days in either galaxy where they could encounter baddies from either show. They spend most of their time between galaxies with GOD KNOWS WHAT lurking in the darkness. Its the things you dont see that are always the scariest
              Kool idea actually, if there was one created, it could be more about what is between galaxies rather than what is in the 2 galaxies.

Would make for some interesting viewing

Comment

You know, I've wondered where they could go next with this series if they decided to do another spin off. I think that this would the next logical step. At least to me it would be the next logical step.

Comment

Originally posted by Iyakamae View Post
                  You know, I've wondered where they could go next with this series if they decided to do another spin off. I think that this would the next logical step. At least to me it would be the next logical step.
                  well, the next series will be ship based, but it won't be about any Earth ship
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the problem with a Daedalus mini series is that it wouldnt take much to degenerate into Star trek or Battlestar Galactica. 1 ship lost in Ida= Star Trek Voyager. Task force of Earth Ships=Battlestar Galactica. Single Earth Ship exploring space alone= Star Trek Next Gen and Enterprise. You get my point.

The Daedalus space fights are my favorite parts of Atlantis, but a mini series could too easily degenerate into a clone of another sci fi.
                    "Whoever wins, out battle does not end. The looser is freed from the battlefied, but the winner must remain there. And the survivor must live his life as a warrior untill he dies"
                    -Big Boss/ Hideo Kojima

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      Remember we have Caldwell, Dr Novak the hiccup lady, Hermoid depending on the time it takes place, and maybe Kavanaugh. Seems like a good mix with a wide split of personalities to splash off eachother!
                      Thats a point! I hope the writers bring back Ellie Harvey as Dr Novak at some stage. I get sporadic hicups in real life, so setting aside she is really nice, she a favorite character of mine. It would be great to see her again!

(Waves hello at all the other Novak fans!)

As to a Daedelus mini series, I say no as well. You could have a two parter that is shipboard, but lets us see different aspects of shipboard life. Perhaps in the style of a documentary, from the F 302 fighter pilots perspective? That way it could be a story involving Colonel Sheppard and Major Lorne, on a mission away from Atlantis, and possibly include Dr McKay and or Zelenka for the shipboard sequences? (I am assuming there isn't such a story already, I haven't seen season 4)
                      Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 13 July 2008, 10:51 AM.
                      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X