Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think this is a good idea, not necessarily the Daedalus but a mini-series or even tv movie set in another part of the 'Gate Universe'.

After all they created a whole universe, why not play with it?

Comment

I like this idea, it could be used to give insight into another part

It doesn't HAVE to be set on the Daedalus, it could be set on the Apollo or the Odyssey, or even a new ship. But TBH, I think I would rather it were set on the Daedalus. It would need to be quite seperate to the shows, and I'd say it would need to be one big arc story, but it could also be used to introduce something big and new to the shows and the Stargate mythology that would be carried on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
        well Carter is the highest ranking Air Force officer in Pegasus.. and Caldwell tends to agree with Sheppard on what to do..
        Its always been that way..
        Actually I believe that Carter was given command of all Air Force personnel in Pegasus when she became boss chick of Atlantis..
        Cadwell and Carter are the same rank. Carter is in charge of people on Atlantis and Cadwell is in charge of the daedalus

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
        And I didn't think 501 was out yet how does anyone know what happens in it last time i checked there wasn't any mention of such a spoiler on 501's page.
        We can't say, so don't ask
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          Why a mini-series, when we can see the ship in an episode of Atlantis?
          Well?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
            Might be cool to see. Frankly Mitch Pileggi could carry it on star power alone but TPTB have the skillz to make something awesome out of it.

Ship based = more traditional sci-fi but still maintains the stargate formula. The sets are already there as is the captain and the cheif HICCUP engineer, not to mention all the 302 and 304 cgi models. Mini series have a set limit so its longer than a movie but shorter than a full season. Could buy more time for the creation of Universe. And we could see Mitch being a bad arse on his own while still having a spot on SGA.

Thoughts?
            I proposed this seasons ago. But don't take my word for it, CLICK HERE: Daedalus Miniseries
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              Well?
              The ships, like the Stargates, are used as plot devices in the shows to help the characters. This is about making something that is actually about the Daedalus/another ship, not about SG1 or SGA1 using a to save them or to get them where they need to go.

Comment

It just seems redundant, since we've already seen the ship in a dozen or so episodes.

Comment

Daedalus is kinda overused actually..
                  in fact Daedalus and Apollo are the last ships to deserve a miniseries..

Oddey or Phoenix on the other hand...

Comment

Well, I'd choose Daedalus because IMHO Caldwell is the best out of the captains available.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Well, I'd choose Daedalus because IMHO Caldwell is the best out of the captains available.
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Daedalus is kinda overused actually..
                        in fact Daedalus and Apollo are the last ships to deserve a miniseries..

Oddey or Phoenix on the other hand...
                        Other than a different name and a different actor playing the captain, what's the difference? We've seen these ships numerous times in both shows and one of the movies already. If we're going to have a mini-series, how about something original instead of more of the same? If it were a new ship we haven't seen yet, say a prototype for a small ship (Earth's version of a Goa'uld cargo ship), then I'd be open to it.

Comment

Daedalus is stationed in Pegasus.. any mini about Daedalus would be taking place in Pegasus where there allready is a TVseries set..
                          Oddey on the other hand is the FLAGGSHIP! working the milkyway route.. Also more powerfull

Comment

Is everyone forgetting there's already gonna be a Stargate series based on a ship, it's called Stargate Universe
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Miniseries is not the same as SERIES...
                              Also SGU is still Gatebased..

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                                Is everyone forgetting there's already gonna be a Stargate series based on a ship, it's called Stargate Universe
                                Yeah but that's different though, that's more like Atlantis in the way that it is a ship but it will be used more like a base.

Comment

Working...
                                X