Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a really tough question because they are both awsome episodes with very good space battles...

...lol, I don't think I could choose one over the other, I love 'em both equally

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      That is a really tough question because they are both awsome episodes with very good space battles...

...lol, I don't think I could choose one over the other, I love 'em both equally
      Cheater!

Comment

After watching both battles again there, Camelot wins for me. BAMSR looked better IMO, but Kirmit is right in there was less urgency compared to the Ori battle.

Comment

For Drama: Camelot

For VFX: BAMSR
          sigpic
          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Hmm, this is actually a tough one. People have put forth some pretty good points. Visually, the BAMSR battle was far more impressive, and the hands down winner. Camelot though did have a better overall supporting elements, such as music, drama etc. Though, the two battles were different if you think about it, and someone touched upon it earlier. BAMSR was an offensive battle and Camelot was a defensive battle. And this is a tad important if you look at it from a certain perspective. Conventionally, battles are thought to be easier for and usually favor the defender. Usually, most factors involved strongly favor the party on the defense, and work against the attacker. BUT, both Camelot and BAMSR tossed that convention on it's head. Another thing to note is that, the BAMSR battle was a bit different from the typical SG norm, in the sense that how often do we go on the offensive? In ten years of SG-1 and 3 1/2 of SGA, I think we've only done so maybe a handful number of times, as far as space battles go that is. For obvious reasons of course. Point is, the BAMSR battle was a different case. In the past, it is likely that even if we had the same capability we would have been content to "not aggravate" the enemy.

So, it's all really a matter of perspective. I personally like both of them, but for different reasons.

EDIT: Although, the persona that brought up the issue of ship scaling and other errors, does have a legitimate point. Those kinds of goofs really hurt the perception of the final product.
            Last edited by Freekzilla; 03 February 2008, 12:17 PM.
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
              Hmm, this is actually a tough one. People have put forth some pretty good points. Visually, the BAMSR battle was far more impressive, and the hands down winner. Camelot though did have a better overall supporting elements, such as music, drama etc. Though, the two battles were different if you think about it, and someone touched upon it earlier. BAMSR was an offensive battle and Camelot was a defensive battle. And this is a tad important if you look at it from a certain perspective. Conventionally, battles are thought to be easier for and usually favor the defender. Usually, most factors involved strongly favor the party on the defense, and work against the attacker. BUT, both Camelot and BAMSR tossed that convention on it's head. Another thing to note is that, the BAMSR battle was a bit different from the typical SG norm, in the sense that how often do we go on the offensive? In ten years of SG-1 and 3 1/2 of SGA, I think we've only done so maybe a handful number of times, as far as space battles go that is. For obvious reasons of course. Point is, the BAMSR battle was a different case. In the past, it is likely that even if we had the same capability we would have been content to "not aggravate" the enemy.

So, it's all really a matter of perspective. I personally like both of them, but for different reasons.
              Now see that is a post!

Comment

Camelot, no question. The Asgard, humanity, the Jaffa, and the criminal organization that emerged from the ashes of the Goa'uld empire united as one in defiance of the Ori invasion. Nine years of story to reach a point where those people could fight alongside one another--and then they got their asses handed to them.

BAMSR was just a recycled SG-1 villain getting beaten by a minor variant on an SG-1 anti-Replicator weapon. Meh.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

both were great but I'd probably choose BAMSR
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    Now see that is a post!
                    That may be but there is one problem. . . .

I thought i banned you Freek. Several times in fact Yes that's right, i live in the past, but that takeover was just so fun

anyway, another thing that improves the Camalot battle is that we had absolutly no idea when the ori were going to come through while in BAMSR we were saying "okay, now we attack."
                    Last edited by ebethman; 04 February 2008, 01:55 AM.
                    Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by ebethman
                    Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                    Originally posted by Bray
                    *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Camelot.

Better music
                      Epic
                      We didn't know what was going to happen.

In BAMSR, we kinda knew that were going to unite and pwn the asurans. Camelot, we didn't know if we were going to pwn

Go Green

Comment

Camelot, hands down.

That moment when the Ori gate opens and the ships start coming through, especially how they showed it from Carters perspective... that scene just floored me and is one of my all time favourites from the show. It gave me chills. Then it finishes in a massive cliffhanger when the good guys get their asses handed to them, talk about awesome.

BAMSR was great and all but there was no real jeopardy for me. They came, they blew up, they left. It was offensive, like everyone else is saying, rather than defensive. We weren't struggling to stay alive in a hopeless fight. We were completely dominating against a powerful enemy. Visually smashing though.
                        Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Camalot. Definitely.
                          : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                          : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

BAMSR. Because the Camelot battle seemed more like the Ori delivering big buckets of ownage and wasn't really a battle, more of a massive kick to the milky ways groin.
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Camelot. 110%
                              It was so much bigger, scarier, unknown. I loved it.
                              Yes, BAMSR was awesome, but not as good. Didn't give same chills as watching 'Camelot'.
                              sigpic

Comment

In terms of drama it's Camelot for obvious reasons. Otherwise I have to go with BAMSR as it was a much better in terms of strategy, military tactics etc. There was movement, we saw our fleet utilizing fighters and while we stormed our enemy we kept in mind our main objective (i.e. keeping the Asurans in one place while Rodney executed his plan on the planet's surface).
                                Camelot was basically nothing but mustering all the ships we could and hoped that it would be enough. It was static, no or very little movement we were sitting ducks waiting to be slaughtered.

Comment

Working...
                                X