Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I want to say Sam, I have to go with Daniel and Jack because really, their conflicts between military rights and morality were pivotal for so much, especially in the first few seasons. Anyone could have been the alien warrior who joined us, anyone could have been in Sam's place as someone who embodied both military and hard sciences.

But Jack and Daniel were created to such extremes to each other, it's their energy that pushed the show big time in the early years.

After that, we got to know and love the other characters and the secondary characters, so for some, it was easier to accept Jonas or Cameron or Vala. Plus we had a good chunk of plot to work with by later seasons, so it was just as important.
    sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

While the chemistry was great with the whole cast I would hve to say RDA. He was a name that everyone had heard of and brought a lot of people to the show. Or they would watch it and say "that's Maguyver"!! and they stay and watch if he saves anyone with a tube sock and a paperclip.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
        While the chemistry was great with the whole cast I would hve to say RDA. He was a name that everyone had heard of and brought a lot of people to the show. Or they would watch it and say "that's Maguyver"!! and they stay and watch if he saves anyone with a tube sock and a paperclip.
        Yep. I have to agree on that one. RDA was the one that everyone was highly anticipating in the show when news of it made public. I still have a news clipping about it and everyone wanted to see what he would do there. Would he carry over his MacGyverisms? Or his Nicodemus Legend-ish charm? Or a whole new character being born? IMHO, that's what got everyone's attention in the first place.

Daniel came later on. When the show actually started that's when he was starting to get noticed. Hey, I love Daniel Jackson in the movie and I really wasn't that much paying attention on the character until maybe mid-first season.

I think that the show wouldn't reach 10 seasons if not for RDA being in the project in the first place. But I think it all went downhill after season 8 when Jack was restricted to base. Bummer.

When I think Stargate (be it the movie, SG-1 or Atlantis, the upcoming Universe and the dvd movies) one name comes to mind: Jack O'Neill.

Comment

Daniel...Jack...no Daniel...no Jack....uhm... *brain explodes*
          This is a tough one.

If we're going with one single character, I'd have to say Jack O'Neill. However, I don't think he'd be the Jack we know and love without the rapport and conflict with Daniel.
          I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
          Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

i think even if on person was missing from the show it wouldn't of lasted.
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Add me in for a vote for Daniel. Was it not for him we would not even have the SG program.

Comment

Working...
              X