This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I think that free will is a matter of opinion. A sociologist would tell you that it really doesn't exist. Our actions and will are based on many factors, but all these factors are either genetic or from out environment.
    Like Family upbringing.
    Culture
    Schooling
    Peers
    Social location
    Historical Location

and so on.

you see no free will, I see free will.

There are many Christians who believe in the Bible literally and many who don't. I do, but I don't or try not to jump to rash conclusions like the Puritans or Catholics of the past. I try to look for its meaning.

I have not met and Atheist in person who is hostile to the belief in God, in person. But Obviously, on this forum alone, there are Atheists who are hostile to the belief in God.
    I think you missunderstood what I was saying because you read it out of context...

I'm talking about "free will" in the biblical sense. As in "God gave us free will" which is not an opinion, it's a wrong interpretation of the choice God gave us.

I'm not saying I don't believe in free will because I do.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Do you want me to PM you a response?
      You can quote me on this thread if you want.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12 View Post
        It is rather obvious that god is a 16 year old Japanese girl by the name of Haruhi Suzumiya who created the world 3 years ago. (points for reference)

In a short school uniform no doubt.....

Why do japanese anime love well endowed girls in school uniforms?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

God couldn't be an ancient because "God" is both omnipotent and Oniscient being both all powerful and all knowing. According to my old Bible College teaching God exists beyond space / time knowing present, past, and future in one. And is ever present, meaning in all places at the same time.

But I did the religous thing too I was an AOG member for nearly 10 years and then one night my eyes just opened and I realised it was a huge collective lie.. I did the studies too doing a year and a bit of Bible College which only messed my head up more I think. Ended that year losing my very late virginity to an older woman who was a "lady of the night" that I knew from church.

In my time there none of my praying had achieved anything beyond providing emotional solace for those I prayed for. It didn't heal them, or answer their problems, nor mine.
          ==========================

Now in keeping with this thread topic what if you used the time travel device in SG to go back in time and kill off christianity at its roots, and say install logic and science as a system. But then again isnt' that in itself creating a religion?

Comment

This is interesting

http://www.skepticreport.com/creatio...onistshate.htm

Funniest thing I have read in a long time!
            sigpic

Comment

Not only funny, but remarkably...sense-making.

I mean, why the hell didn't I ever think of the Egyptians or freaking plants whenever I debated Creationists? It's so obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                God couldn't be an ancient because "God" is both omnipotent and Oniscient being both all powerful and all knowing. According to my old Bible College teaching God exists beyond space / time knowing present, past, and future in one. And is ever present, meaning in all places at the same time.

But I did the religous thing too I was an AOG member for nearly 10 years and then one night my eyes just opened and I realised it was a huge collective lie.. I did the studies too doing a year and a bit of Bible College which only messed my head up more I think. Ended that year losing my very late virginity to an older woman who was a "lady of the night" that I knew from church.

In my time there none of my praying had achieved anything beyond providing emotional solace for those I prayed for. It didn't heal them, or answer their problems, nor mine.
                ==========================

Now in keeping with this thread topic what if you used the time travel device in SG to go back in time and kill off christianity at its roots, and say install logic and science as a system. But then again isnt' that in itself creating a religion?
                man thats really sad. and im sorry that you seem to experienced something in sucha negative way. god has only ever given me joy in my heart. and im really saying this. its like having a really close friend, some would say im mad, but i dont care

on a side point i think this (taken from that link) is very true and as a christian i have no problem believing this.

" The Power and Majesty of God Almighty

...and His subtlety. They will only allow God the minuscule, infant universe described by the writers of Genesis (or Moses, if you prefer). They can't stand it that God has been working on this version of the universe for something like 14 billion years, and His workshop is so inconceivably huge that it seems silly to imagine the Earth and its dominant species to be the center of God's attention. They won't allow Him to work His miracles of life patiently, subtly, using the gradual, majestic power of evolution. My hypothesis is that creationists, having short attention spans themselves, just can't allow God three billion years of patience and attention to Earthly life. Instead, all they'll allow Him is one *POOF* magic, all-in-one creation, barely 6,000 years ago. (This attention-deficit difficulty may have something to do with the fact that hardly any of them have actually read the whole Bible .) "
                sigpic
                The 11th Doctor. Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Comment

/\ And what say you to the fact that the Chinese have apparently existed before Earth was created...?
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    /\ And what say you to the fact that the Chinese have apparently existed before Earth was created...?

Well that's logical. After all there is Lord Yu who is a chinese system lord to get this back on topic to stargate hehe.

Comment

Was God an Ascended Anceint?
                      Hmm I think there is something in it. We (people) didn't use our brains in 100% - what can give us huge power, but God is someone who is all the same allmighty being, who is over everything, who have got the absolute power, He can be some kind of essence, energy or just "word".
                      sigpic
                      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Working...
                      X