X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maylet View Post
    He's not an Ori, he's an Ancient
    he's worshipped by millions, thousands(perhaps even more, I don't know exact numbers) were killed in his name (holy crusades, "witches", etc.. even nowadays thousands are being killed in his name).For hundreds years bunch of idiots forced humankind to believe in religion so strong that they stopped our technological progress for hundreds years. It doesn't sound like he's a benevolent ascended Ancient.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      he's worshipped by millions, thousands(perhaps even more, I don't know exact numbers) were killed in his name (holy crusades, "witches", etc.. even nowadays thousands are being killed in his name).For hundreds years bunch of idiots forced humankind to believe in religion so strong that they stopped our technological progress for hundreds years. It doesn't sound like he's a benevolent ascended Ancient.
      I know when I make a mistake, and I did when I told you that he's an ancient. You are right, he's an Ori
      sigpic
      Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

No, he's above the Ori and Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
          I know when I make a mistake, and I did when I told you that he's an ancient. You are right, he's an Ori
          Indeed, I'd say he's an Ori...
          well, the God of the old testiment is definately an Ori!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
            oh this thing is gonna blow up.
            That is why they keep bringing it up. I am not going to bite through.
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I disagree, god was not an Ancient but a Furling. Thirty-one foot tall Buddhist ninja killing machines make excellent gods.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

It is rather obvious that god is a 16 year old Japanese girl by the name of Haruhi Suzumiya who created the world 3 years ago. (points for reference)

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  Moses (...) has been identified as Imhotep, copied in to another mythology by several scholars

(...)

Was God an ancient? Discuss.

Tep
                  Lol @ that first "fact." I am familiar with that claim, which has been disregarded by most every major historian/historical organization of the 21st Century.

Lol @ that second statement since through SkyDiver (indirectly) I found out the definition of a "Forum Troll" last week.

Originally posted by CptSneed View Post
                  No, he's above the Ori and Ancients.
                  That's what the canon answer would be since the closest thing we've ever got to a reference was from Landry & Mitchell, which stated that they believe he's a whole order above the Ascended.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    a Furling. Thirty-one foot tall Buddhist ninja killing machines make excellent gods.
                    That's a terrible stereotype! Furling MEN are 31-feet on AVERAGE! Some are as little as 30.5ft. Furling WOMEN have been documented to be as little as 28-ft.!
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                      Lol @ that first "fact." I am familiar with that claim, which has been disregarded by most every major historian/historical organization of the 21st Century.

Lol @ that second statement since through SkyDiver (indirectly) I found out the definition of a "Forum Troll" last week.

That's what the canon answer would be since the closest thing we've ever got to a reference was from Landry & Mitchell, which stated that they believe he's a whole order above the Ascended.
                      Yes, I just found out what a forum troll is too. What I thought was a FT, is actually a lurker. But yes, it is trollish.
                      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

God is just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson.

God didn't create humans. Humans created God.
                        sigpic

Comment

*stands back and waits for the expected flaming shouts of blasphemy*
                          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            That's a terrible stereotype! Furling MEN are 31-feet on AVERAGE! Some are as little as 30.5ft. Furling WOMEN have been documented to be as little as 28-ft.!
                            You fail to get the joke, older members would get it. There is/was a running gag on GW that whenever the Furlings were mentioned they'd be named <height> foot tall Buddhist ninja killing machines, where the <height> would get larger almost every time they're mentioned.

And this concludes my lesson in GW history.

Anyway, God wasn't an Ancient or Ori. I stand by my statement that it had to be a Furling, a thirty-two foot tall Buddhist ninja killing machine. It just makes more sense than one of those wussy Ancients or Ori.
                            Signed,

Gregorius
                            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                              God is just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson.

God didn't create humans. Humans created God.

I think Chuck Norris created God
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Come on guys. Is it too much to ask for a little respect. At least for the people who believe in God? Sure anyone has the RIGHT to disbelieve. But that right works both ways. Please be courtious.
                                Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Working...
                                X