Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meaning of Life Stuff- What does Stargate mean to you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David
    You said it, Hatusu! That's one of the reasons I've fallen in love with the GW forum (despite the fact that I work here ) With a few minor exceptions, people are allowed to talk and have their peace and make some great on-line friends.
    Thanks! I've happily wasted hours here today. This is fun. Are you Dave the interviewer? I'm a fan. Your questions are very good.

This is a great forum. It attracts nice intelligent people. And there are always great laughs to be found.

I just found out about the reputation thing. My awards today go to ...drum roll...you, Darrin and Gipsy for hard work, and creating interesting threads. Did I forget anyone? I'm also giving one to Major Clanger for making me laugh.

There should be a bell or something...
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Stargate is my life. Stargate is my reason for living. If Stargate didn't exist, I don't know what I'd do. I wish Stargate was real. Then I'd go become a Jaffa!

Comment

Originally posted by Baal
        Stargate is my life. Stargate is my reason for living. If Stargate didn't exist, I don't know what I'd do. I wish Stargate was real. Then I'd go become a Jaffa!
        Now calm down, and breath slowly. It'll be OK. You'll always have conventions!
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Stargate SG-1, to me, signifies the only TV show on Sky One worth it's salt. Seriously, they never show Buffy or Angel any more. But every day, at 6AM, I can rely on the Stargate to deliver a slice of sci-fi ass-kicking, with some of the finest dialogue and filming around.

Not to mention the FX budget blows my mind.

Comment

well, thanks to Stargate I started digging into earth's mythology again. I used to be a geek in that area, but I stopped ~12 years ago with it, but now I'm back lol.

Comment

To me Stargate means a world of possibilities. To see how other races and cultures have developed in a different environment is very interesting. And I find the AU eps to be fascinating. We all wonder at some time or the other "what if I had made a different decision?" An AU allows exploration of what the effects of that decision might be.

And also, to me Stargate will always mean really good friends, both those of the team, and those that I have made here.
              sigpic

Comment

Stargate is a great show. It has great purpose. One day everything in the show will probably become reality. Long-distance travel. Maybe not through a Stargate as such but possibly something simular. I'm guessing nothing anytime soon!
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  You do that. I look forward to reading it. I'm not much of a fic fan, but before vB I wasn't much of a Forum fan, either! Room to grow!
                  Hehe, don't say you weren't warned..! So here is my - completely serious ;-) - look on what Stargate means to me

http://www.twenty-five-percent.com/25feli01.html

Comment

So Feli. How about a nice cup of coffee?

Good job. Got a big kick out of -

<<When she's finished it's my turn. "So how was your weekend? Tell me everything but the Stargate parts!"

"Uhm... ." I fall silent>>
                    sigpic

Comment

The realization of "not being alone" in the great big universe is humbling. To think differently is bold and ignorant to me. The stargate gives hope to the thought of that grander picture in the scheme of life.

I only hope humanity can last long enough.

Comment

Feli, that was fun to read. Great job!

"Hubs gives a resigned nod; yes, I did interrupt his viewing pleasure by constantly imparting little tidbits and pieces of information I considered vital for his enjoyment of the episode."

Heheh! Oh, how true! I do it too, even when we're watching re-runs. Husbands are a patient lot, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                          So Feli. How about a nice cup of coffee?

Good job. Got a big kick out of -

<<When she's finished it's my turn. "So how was your weekend? Tell me everything but the Stargate parts!"

"Uhm... ." I fall silent>>
                          LOL! I swear I'm not making this up, I've actually just brewed myself a nice cup of tea...

Glad you enjoyed the story! Now let's see what David has to say (preferably in the fanfiction folder where I posted the link as well; wouldn't want the other mods to catch me bringing a thread off topic...)

Comment

Stargate stimulates thought about our place in the universe and our role in its future. There is a link among all inhabitants of the universe and we can someday find it.

Comment

there are a lot of eps. in stargate that show how every action has a consequence that you have to take care of. every choice that you make had better be well thought out because one wrong move can sc**w many people over...plus...my life would be bland without the show >.<
                              My flickr photography.

Comment

Stargate means alot to me and my family. The words I can think of include friendship, family, love, honor, courage, and some great adventures. It also helped us through our move last year especially through my involvement in a Stargate roleplay site and through different forums online.

Comment

Working...
                                X