General Ship ( Relationship) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    You mentioned the BWC just to get me going didn't you ?!
    Moi?? Would I do that to you??

I'm just calling it the way I see it.

Comment

so... *looks up at thread title*

any ship going on with this Luke chappie?
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
        so... *looks up at thread title*

any ship going on with this Luke chappie?
        They've exchanged meaningful glances a few times. She's touched his hand AND his arm. They've even kissed a couple of times... although Sam probably wouldn't remember that.

If the Third Course gets written, things may get kicked up a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          Ship = 'Ship = relationSHIP in this context and for this show ship usually means Jack and Sam, unless otherwise specified.

Here's a link to the FAQ:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...cs#faq_shipper
          Hope that helps
          crap, I read throw the faq's, dunno how I missed that. Thanks. It's been driving me crazy for months

My personal site www.krawdaddy.net
          Admin/Co-Owner: DiscussNASCAR.com | Admin: DiscussAnything.com | SuperMod: ChopperWeb.net

Comment

No problem, see you around!
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

What are the pros and cons of inserting romance into a sci-fi show?
              It can be a really great storyline if it's done right, & I think Stargate does it pretty well, for the most part. If it's not done right, or it's just there for the sake of it, it can really cheapen the whole show....In my opinion!

What's your favorite pairing other/beside Jack and Sam?
              Daniel/Janet. Though now, I'll settle for Daniel/Sarah! I quite like Teal'c/Ishta too.

What do you think of ship in a ship?
              Why not?

Comment

I used to go on the old forum all the time (back a long time ago), so it was quite a shock to come here and see a whole new one! But I love ship and no one else I know does, so I thought I needed to talk to someone and voila, here I am.

What are the pros and cons of inserting romance into a sci-fi show?

I think it's great because I'm a sucker for that kind of thing, but at the same time when they force it, it sucks. I think on Stargate it just came along naturally, so it was fun. Plus it's not like it's the main thing of the show or anything. It's not the "Sam and Jack" show.

What's your favorite pairing other/beside Jack and Sam?

On Stargate? With one of them with another person? In that case Sam and McKay because it makes me laugh.

What do you think of ship in a ship?

I love Descent.

Comment

And here I thought he was just food server #2 (or something line that). I didn't realize his importance!

Do you think Pete's allergic to Lemon? Luke! Where are you Luke!

Comment

When you want something done right, just do it yourself.

I'm dragging this thread back up to the front since there seems to be a bit of interest in the subject again and we don't want people snarking off in the wrong place.

Comment

Here's a question. Would you prefer, at the end of the series (of Stargate or any other show), for everyone to be paired up? For example, Jack/Sam, Daniel/Sarah, Teal'c/Ishta. Or would that be too over the top, and it would be better to just have one or two couples? (Or none at all...?)
                      What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                        [font=Comic Sans MS]Here's a question. Would you prefer, at the end of the series (of Stargate or any other show), for everyone to be paired up? For example, Jack/Sam, Daniel/Sarah, Teal'c/Ishta. Or would that be too over the top, and it would be better to just have one or two couples? (Or none at all...?)
                        I'd prefer none at all. I wouldn't mind Sam/Pete, but that doesn't stand a chance in hell because TPTB have been against him from the start. Given that, I'd rather we never see Pete again. Seems grossly unfair to create a character just to act as a Temporary Obstacle.

I'm sick of ship on Stargate and I think the writers are doing an increasingly awful job of handling it.

Subtle is good.
                        Blatant is NOT.

Comment

I would like Sam and Jack together. At the end. I really don't care if they pair up everyone and their mother as long as it doesn't become the focus of the entire show. And I don't need the love interest of the week thing which is what it seems like they're going to do with Teal'c and Daniel. I don't mind the odd episode where they focus on one or more of the character's personal lives, I think that it gives the characters added depth. What I don't want is every episode focusing on their personal lives. I would like some good old-fashioned action and, here's a thought, maybe they could actually go through the Stargate from time to time.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                            Here's a question. Would you prefer, at the end of the series (of Stargate or any other show), for everyone to be paired up? For example, Jack/Sam, Daniel/Sarah, Teal'c/Ishta. Or would that be too over the top, and it would be better to just have one or two couples? (Or none at all...?)
                            What do you think?
                            Personally I'd only like to see couples made of people that I see as having chemistry (Yes, I'm selfish ) On SG-1 That would mean S/J. Period. I would have included Daniel/Sha're, but alas it's not to be. Of course technically they were already a couple

I've never seen Janet/Daniel, although I came close once in Right of Passage. And Teal'c/Ishta don't really do much for me either.

As for in other shows... there are other shows?
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

I also wouldn't mind Sam/Luke pairing up at the end. I'd be deeply afraid if it ever actually happened, and it probably wouldn't last long, but it'd be nifty.

On other shows... Luke/Lorelai on Gilmore Girls (Food Server Luke's namesake).

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                I would like some good old-fashioned action and, here's a thought, maybe they could actually go through the Stargate from time to time.
                                Stargate? What's that?
                                ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                                X