No announcement yet.

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a friend in high school whose nickname was Thor, for no other reason than that his middle initial was T. It never fails to crack me up.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
      I actually had one this evening. My dad, his girlfriend, and I went to Petsmart to get fish for their tank. One of the clerks was tying a fish bag and the bag broke, but the fish was fine. In the commotion of this, I noticed a second bag on the work station. It had a South American dragon fish in it and this thing looked creepily like a Goa'uld symbiote. It had ridges on its back and wing-like fins near the head. I stared at it in the bag and mentioned to my dad what it looked like. I don't think he really understood.
      i would have been like "so... who are you gonna implant the snake in? and can i kill him after we get all the info we need?"
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

i would have been like "so... who are you gonna implant the snake in? and can i kill him after we get all the info we need?"
        Just in case the wraith thunkers weren't giving me enough nightmares
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
          I had a friend in high school whose nickname was Thor, for no other reason than that his middle initial was T. It never fails to crack me up.
          Yeah, my brother's best friend's last name is "Thormasgard" (spelled really funky, though) and nobody could ever pronounce it right, so we called him Thor. But I just realized, without the "Thor," it basically leaves the word "asgard."

CREEPY. Clone, perhaps?

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
          Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
          (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Originally posted by RockinHobbit
            Yeah, my brother's best friend's last name is "Thormasgard" (spelled really funky, though) and nobody could ever pronounce it right, so we called him Thor. But I just realized, without the "Thor," it basically leaves the word "asgard."

CREEPY. Clone, perhaps?
            That is great. I mean, Samasgard would be cool, two random Gate names, but Thormasgard are related....so impressed.

Comment

I renamed the rabbit of my Sister from Milena into Wraith...It's really a strange animal. Kick's with it's feet, hums, bites the other rabbit (which I also renamed from alex into snowflake ) so, I just thought about John's sentence: "they are really pain in the ass" and I was like: that bunny is too...so let's call him Wraith *g* My sister isn't very happy with it, but what can she do? (I'm mean I know )

Comment

Woohoo. Wraith. What a good name for a pet! My next guinea pig is sorted!

Comment

I'm in the long and intermittent process of writing a novel, and I've named some of my secondary and tertiary characters after the SG gang... Teal'c's a tad hard to drop in discreetly... methinks an anagram game is in order!
                  (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrGemini2405
                    I'm in the long and intermittent process of writing a novel, and I've named some of my secondary and tertiary characters after the SG gang... Teal'c's a tad hard to drop in discreetly... methinks an anagram game is in order!
                    cleat? (cleatus if u must )
                    Good Evening, Good Nite, GOOD BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGemini2405
                      depends... what's you novel about?
                      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                      sigpic

Comment

How's this for a bizarre Stargate moment – I was reading a Star Wars novel when it happened! It's the first Clone Wars novel, Shatterpoint. At one point, Mace Windu rescues a bunch of little kids from a volcano – and one little boy's name is Nykl! Is that weird, or what?

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Just been telling the guys on the gatehead thread... did anyone see that Lego advert tonight? There were spiders crawling / marching forward and I screamed REPLICATORS!!!!

On a different note, bloody housemates put Christmas decorations up without me. I'm sulking.

Comment

OOOO i reckon you should change them all round when they are out and see if they notice lol

I got out of the house today (bout time, i have 5 day weekends atm because monday and wednesday lectures have been canceled for the past three weeks), got in the car and went food shopping, and was humming the stargate theme as done by sam in the lift!

Comment

Now that is just an everyday occurunce in Tracyland! I did tell one of my lecturers to "Go suck a lemon" in German today. He looked blank, but two of the geeks in the class fell about laughing. You can tell who the Gateheads are in that class.

Comment

lol yeh its like a code, you say something and anyone who smiles knowingly are gateheads

Comment

Working...
                                X