O.o really?? that's old news
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        I just found out that there's an asteroid called 99942 Apophis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis
        They even mentioned Stargate!

Although the Greek name for the Egyptian god may be appropriate, Tholen and Tucker (two of the co-discovers of the asteroid) are reportedly fans of the TV series Stargate SG-1. The show's main antagonist in the first several seasons was an alien named Apophis who took the name for the Egyptian god and sought to destroy Earth.

Comment

i just walked by a fire escape plan in a building at my college and one room looks like a stargate

Comment

I was watching an episode of CSI: Miami tonight. When 'J R Bourne' appeared on the credits, I immediately said "Martouf". Hubby raised his eyebrows as if to say, "Typical! She can find a Stargate link just about anywhere!"
            C-D
            Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

Did you know there are stars known as T Tauri stars?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_Tauri_stars
              sigpic

My Fanfic

Comment

I was at a Applebee's for lunch today and right next to my head hanging on the wall was not one but TWO Jaffa Staff Weapons from SG-1, PLUS a sign that said, "No Goa'uld allowed here under penalty of Death," then in smaller words it said, "as ordered by Pres, Hayes." then there was another sign that said, "Gen O'Niell Parking only, all others with be blasted apart at owners expense" somehow my parents though I was totalt crazy

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

There's young couple at our church that I just recently met who have a two year old little boy named Cameron. Why do you think out of all of the kids in the church, his is the name I always remember?
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                    I was at a Applebee's for lunch today and right next to my head hanging on the wall was not one but TWO Jaffa Staff Weapons from SG-1, PLUS a sign that said, "No Goa'uld allowed here under penalty of Death," then in smaller words it said, "as ordered by Pres, Hayes." then there was another sign that said, "Gen O'Niell Parking only, all others with be blasted apart at owners expense" somehow my parents though I was totalt crazy
                    and where is this Applebee's located?? my local Applebee's doesn't have anything cool like that!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                      and where is this Applebee's located?? my local Applebee's doesn't have anything cool like that!!!
                      Mine either! I feel so cheated!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                        Mine either! I feel so cheated!
                        I forget the city itself though it was near I-75 somewhere between Atlanta & Detroit, that's all I remember, sorry guys, I wish I had a camera so I could get screenshots of the wall with that stuff on it though it was in the car and the batteries were deader then a doornail

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey View Post
                          You know, one of those moments in real life where you are suddenly and unexpectedly reminded of Stargate.

This one happened to me and it's so obvious I don't know why it never happened before. There's a fountain in the lobby of my office building. The sun reflecting off of the water... That is too obvious. It made me smile though and that's what's important.

Then I was watching Gilmore Girls where a couple of minor recurring characters are played by Michael and David Deluise are the groom and best man in a Renaissance wedding and I wonder if Sam knows how cute Pete would look in tights.

What's your Stargate moment?

(My apologies if this is already done or in the wrong spot. I'm rather new here. I've looked around for something similar and searched a bit. I think I got it right. Let me know!)
                          well there was this moment when I found myself staring at a big circular shimmering pool of water, and then this very comely lass clad in black leather came out of that pool gazing at me naughtily, and then I reached out to her and...

...wait one...

...that wasn't a stargate moment...

...that was Stargate !
                          I was only watching Stargate

bummer...

Comment

I forget the city itself though it was near I-75 somewhere between Atlanta & Detroit
                            oh well that narrows it down nicely... since i live near atlanta, think i can talk someone into funding a roadtrip
                            sigpic

Comment

How wonderfully unexpected! Not what you'd expect to find in an individual restaurant of a restaurant chain really!!! Until now I guess, the only Stargate related item in a restaurant was the autographed photo of SG1 on the wall of a fish & chip shop in Steveston where they filmed 'Nightwalkers'.

Comment

Wow, that is really cool!
                                Spoiler:
                                Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                                I caught frogs and called them prince
                                And made myself a queen
                                Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                                I slept in castles and fell in love
                                Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                                To capture tinkerbell
                                They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                                But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                                And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                                And anything I can to get by
                                And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                                X