Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine if this checks out and COTH is officially 1 episode, at the studios they'd be like, "did you count? " "no I thought you counted?"

Comment

It doesn't take half a brain to know that COTG is classified as a two parter.

Comment

children of the gods is def 2 episodes!
        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
        sigpic
        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
          I imagine if this checks out and COTH is officially 1 episode, at the studios they'd be like, "did you count? " "no I thought you counted?"
          Did you read my post? I said it is officially one episode, but when the episodes for the series are counted, it is counted as two due to it's length.

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
          It doesn't take half a brain to know that COTG is classified as a two parter.
          Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
          children of the gods is def 2 episodes!
          "Children of the Gods" is presented on DVD as one 90-minute episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            Did you read my post? I said it is officially one episode, but when the episodes for the series are counted, it is counted as two due to it's length.

"Children of the Gods" is presented on DVD as one 90-minute episode.
            It doesn't matter in the slightest if they are back to back as a single ep on the DVD's]

TV land it's considered a 2 parter!

TV.COM

Which is all it counts! Meaning '200' is indeed the 200th episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
              It doesn't matter in the slightest if they are back to back as a single ep on the DVD's]

TV land it's considered a 2 parter!

TV.COM

Indeed. As well, even if one couldn't consider "200" to actually be the 200th episode of SG-1, Cameron was celebrating his 200th trip through the Stargate, so there you are.

Comment

Counterstrike is a better epsiode than 200 anyway. Im happy, 200 was rubbish. At least counterstrike was a fufilling episode, i mean it was a full circle. 1st episode we get the jaffa to start questioning, then 200 episodes later theyre capitol of freedom is being used to wipe people out and gets blown up because of it. Thats irony, and ofr the 200th episode, i prefered it. That being said, any way you can do the maths and get Pegasus project to be the 200th, because that was the best episode for a while. If Reckoning the lost city, and moebius 2 parters were all considered one episode. Then PP would be 200, which is much better than all of them. Or we could jsut erase three bad episodes and do it that way.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  Counterstrike is a better epsiode than 200 anyway. Im happy, 200 was rubbish. At least counterstrike was a fufilling episode, i mean it was a full circle. 1st episode we get the jaffa to start questioning, then 200 episodes later theyre capitol of freedom is being used to wipe people out and gets blown up because of it. Thats irony, and ofr the 200th episode, i prefered it. That being said, any way you can do the maths and get Pegasus project to be the 200th, because that was the best episode for a while. If Reckoning the lost city, and moebius 2 parters were all considered one episode. Then PP would be 200, which is much better than all of them. Or we could jsut erase three bad episodes and do it that way.
                  Yeah I always thought they should have just done away with 200 pushed TPP back acouple eps for that to be the 200th

Perfecto!

Comment

It was the best episode since Reckoning. And the best scene since stargate began was in that episode. Just seeing daniels smile when they were coming in to land. That was priceless, you could just see the relief, that was one of the most moving scenes ever for me. Daniels link with the ancients was fufilled in that scene, and that link has been going for nearly a decade...that was what 200 should have been about.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                      Actually, it does. That's how the episode is intended to be viewed.

TV land it's considered a 2 parter! TV.COM
                      TV.com is wrong, sorry.

I agree... if you count "Children of the Gods" and "Lost City" as two-parters, despite the fact they are technically not.

Comment

The episodes are made with the intention of being viewed on TV, Lost City and Children Of The Gods were both two parters.

Comment

When COTG's aired on Showtime it aired as a 2 hour pilot. When it reached Sci-fi, it was broken down into a 2 parter, so the first season was 21 episodes, then 22 after that until season 8. Which started the 20 episodes season untill now.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            The episodes are made with the intention of being viewed on TV, Lost City and Children Of The Gods were both two parters.
                            I understand that, but you are wrong.

"Children of the Gods"
                            Originally presented as a 90-minute episode (2 hours with commercials), it has been editted into a two-parter for reruns and syndication. The reruns also have the nude scene editted out. The story is presented on DVD as one, long episode with the nude scene as originally intended.

"Fallen"
                            "Homecoming"
                            These two episodes were produced and completed as a two-parter. SciFi decided to splice the episodes together for a TV movie event. However, since the story was intended to be viewed as two episodes, they are presented as two on DVD. This is especially evident by the fact that the two episodes have different titles.

"Lost City"
                            Produced and completed as an 84-minute episode (2 hours with commercials), the SciFi channel decided to split it up into two episodes. However, the production team felt this story works best as one, long episode. It is therefore presented on DVD as an 84-minute episode, the way it is intended to be viewed.

"New Order, Part 1"
                            "New Order, Part 2"
                            These two episodes were produced and completed as a two-parter. SciFi decided to splice the episodes together for a TV movie event. However, since the story was intended to be viewed as two episodes, they are presented as two on DVD.

"Threads"
                            Originally aired as a 63-minute episode (1 hour, 30 minutes with commercials), it was editted down to 42 minutes (1 hour with commercials) for reruns and syndication. Unfortunately, the Season 8 DVD release featured the 42-minute cut by mistake. The DVD manufacturer set up a free exchange program. All you had to do was mail in the DVD with the proof of purchase and the barcode. In return, they mailed you a replacement DVD with the 63-minute cut of "Threads" complete with the case for that disc.

This is how the DVD season sets feature the episodes, which is the intended way to view the show.

Season 1: (21 Episodes) "Children of the Gods" is a special 90-minute episode.
                            Season 2: (22 Episodes)
                            Season 3: (22 Episodes)
                            Season 4: (22 Episodes)
                            Season 5: (22 Episodes)
                            Season 6: (22 Episodes)
                            Season 7: (21 Episodes) "Lost City" is a special 84-minute episode.
                            Season 8: (20 Episodes) "Threads" is a special 63-minute episode.
                            Season 9: (20 Episodes)
                            Season 10: (20 Episodes)
                            Last edited by Daniel Jackson; 17 June 2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

You do realise that he producers don't control what goes on the DVD?

Comment

Actually, they do. They don't get to give input on artwork and disc menus. What they do have input on is the order the episodes are put on DVD, weather an episode is presented as a two-parter or long episode, what special features are presented, and so on. So long as there's room on the disc and stuff like copyright issues don't get in the way, they have control of disc content.

Comment

Working...
                                X