Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you really think it would last 10 years?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
    That's kind of stupid. Obviously someone wanted to cancel it and it was someone that actually mattered...
    On topic: I actually thought SG would go on for decades (with obvious cast changes) much like "Dr. Who". Obviously I've overestimated TIIC.
    Given that i was 8 when Stargate started, it seems like stargate has always been on tele! i'm not suprised it lasted so long, it's almost as good as Dr. Who and they had over 25 seasons!
    ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

i thought 5 years but hey isnt it great it has lasted this long
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
        i thought 5 years but hey isnt it great it has lasted this long
        I thought the same way
        sigpic

Comment

When I first saw SG1 I gave it a few episodes to determined if it was good enough to kill an hour. Well, after like the 5th episode I was hooked. From that point til I heard it has lasted 10 years I didnt noticed. I was shocked. It just hit me then that I didnt even know 10 years had pass. Wow, all them hours wasted. LOL.
          sigpic

Comment

i hated sg-1 when i first started watching. it wasn't until 4 years ago did i start liking it lol

Comment

I thought It may last maybe 5 or six seasons. But after season 7 and 8 as it got better and better. I didn't want it to end
              sigpic

Comment

I was only about 4 when they started making this. In fact, I thought it was a waste of time (I wasnt realy into the whole Sci-fi thing). But then, when I was about 6, I relized how wrong I was. I started watching and I loved it.

I'm a little surprised it lasted this long, but i'm glad it did. And now I love all of this Sci-fi stuff!!

~Sig by the wonderful ElephantGirl~ FOREVER

Comment

In 1997, I wasn't thinking about how many years the show would last, I was just wanting it to last because I thought it was so good. Lots of good shows get cancelled though. I was just happy to see more and more episodes.

Fast forward 10 years, I'm still enjoying the show immensely and still wanting it to last (thank heavens for DVDs ). I didn't realize just how much a part of my life the show was until I heard it was going to be cancelled. Somehow all the show creators (producers, writers, directors, actors, studio staff, etc.) managed to keep the show fresh and moved with the times (scientifically, politically, CGI, character emotions, etc.; all aspects really).

I'm definitely missing SG1 and probably will for a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X