Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you really think it would last 10 years?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at first I didn't know what to believe because SciFi shows can go from good to bad very easily in terms of quality and/or ratings/fans so u can never know what will happen to them on the long term .After the 3 season I was pretty sure it will go to at least 6 seasons and when 8 started I thought it will be the last because of Jack having a smaller part and Hammond leaving but I am pleased to see the show almost reinvented itself with this new enemy and when I heard season 10 will be made I surely thought there will be a season 11 maybe even 12 but I see that I was a little wrong there.Anyway,it will always stay in my memory as my favourite show of all time and it's been(still is) great fun watching it.

Comment

I had no idea, I was always hoping that it would keep running!
      I was so hoping for a season 11 but one can't have everything

I hope the movies will be a great succes and that there will be more of them in the next few years.
      And if atlantis lasts long enough, hopefully we will see some of our great sg1 characters in it.

I know one thing for sure!
      When I will watch the last episode from season 10 I will cry

I will think about the loss of this great show but on the other hand think about all the great stuff it brought.
      Sg1 will always stay alive in my beautiful silver dvd collection, I'm so proud of

Comment

From the moment the show started, I thought it had great potential. Considering how much they could do with a Stargate that could, well, go anywhere really. But did I expect it to last 10 years? No, I was thinking it would go for about 5-7 at most.

Comment

To be honest I never had any expectations, I just watched it and enjoyed what I was watching, never thought about when it might end. Now though I'm upset it has ended as I still enjoy every episode, even if they're not outstanding every episode has a part I like.

Comment

At the time in 97 when I saw the first episode I was thinking it could last 7 to 8 seasons at the max......I'm glad I was wrong.
            Actor
            [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              And it's been 10 wonderful years, hasn't it?
              Mostly, yes. I left the show for a time and came back. It's sad to see it end now. It still had potential.

Yes, we have the movies, and I hope they do well. However, plopping in a DVD isn't the same as sitting in front of the TV every night before coming on-line to gossip furiously about the episode. (But, I won't miss the bad SciFi movie trailers.)
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Truthfully, no. I never thought SG-1 would go on this long. I am so happy it has though. It has become my favorite show of all time. Well, ok, it's tied with Farscape.
                Other than the farscape statment, let be echo you... While i was always hoping i would get, "just one more season" when the last one ended, i never thought this rollercoaster would last 10 years with a successful spin off now going to it's fourth year.

Comment

I was expecting 8 seasons.
                  Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Ten years! Doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself!

I just happily watched each new adventure. Enjoying the storytelling and characters and what do you know it's been going for 10 years. Time doesn't matter when you get absorbed in something. Strangely I never wondered if each season would be the last, I happily enjoyed whatever came and felt at the end that I had been throughly entertained.

So, it has lasted for 10 years, and spawned a sequel, no surprise really.

Comment

^ Agreed!

I never really thought about how long it would last. I just enjoyed each season as it came! But now I want more.....
                      sigpic
                      By *E*K*R*

Comment

No, 10 seasons really is quite remarkable. They tried cancelling it every year from 5 up until 7. Figures once no one wants to cancell it it gets cancelled :-x

Since it was planned to be canned when atlantis began, literally leading DIRECTLY in to atlantis, ive considered every year since then as a wonderful extra!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          No, 10 seasons really is quite remarkable. They tried cancelling it every year from 5 up until 7. Figures once no one wants to cancell it it gets cancelled :-x

Since it was planned to be canned when atlantis began, literally leading DIRECTLY in to atlantis, ive considered every year since then as a wonderful extra!
                          That's kind of stupid. Obviously someone wanted to cancel it and it was someone that actually mattered...
                          On topic: I actually thought SG would go on for decades (with obvious cast changes) much like "Dr. Who". Obviously I've overestimated TIIC.

Comment

Originally posted by AJZ View Post
                            At the time in 97 when I saw the first episode I was thinking it could last 7 to 8 seasons at the max......I'm glad I was wrong.
                            Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
                            I was expecting 8 seasons.
                            Do people really have thoughts like that when watching a show for the first time? I can see after seeing a few seasons saying "this won't last much longer."

Comment

I didn't think so, (though how I longed for it) because Atlantis seemed like a probable series ender.
                              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                              Caboose: They could be worse?
                              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                                That's kind of stupid. Obviously someone wanted to cancel it and it was someone that actually mattered...
                                On topic: I actually thought SG would go on for decades (with obvious cast changes) much like "Dr. Who". Obviously I've overestimated TIIC.
                                Word is scifiwanted it for less money and mgm said 'screw u guys im going home'. Scifiwanted it.... just for less $$, mgm obviously stillwants it o they wouldnt be making movies.... nub

Comment

Working...
                                X