Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i registered precisely for this thread.

People saying daniel shouldn't be in atlantis obviously haven't watched season 9 & 10 of sg-1.

daniel _should_ be there. This doesn't however mean that he needs to get a permanent designation on the show. But if you want the story to hold, you need jackson to be in atlantis. Seeing as he has been wanting to go ever since he found that tablet.

all in all, daniel ought to be there more then samantha, even though her dynamic with mckay is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioMouse View Post
      ok, i registered precisely for this thread.

People saying daniel shouldn't be in atlantis obviously haven't watched season 9 & 10 of sg-1.

daniel _should_ be there. This doesn't however mean that he needs to get a permanent designation on the show. But if you want the story to hold, you need jackson to be in atlantis. Seeing as he has been wanting to go ever since he found that tablet.

all in all, daniel ought to be there more then samantha, even though her dynamic with mckay is awesome.
      Great way to start off a membership! Telling people what they 'obviously have and haven't watched'...
      This forum is about respecting others people's views, not about being rude to people who have a different opinion than you

Concerning what you have said. Why the hell would Atlantis need DJ for the story to hold??? That doesn't make any sense... Just because Daniel wanted to be in Atlantis from the beginning? Give some valid arguments backing your theory and we can talk about it...
      The show has been fine without him and will continue to be fine without him.
      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
        Why the hell would Atlantis need DJ for the story to hold??? That doesn't make any sense... Just because Daniel wanted to be in Atlantis from the beginning? Give some valid arguments backing your theory and we can talk about it...
        The show has been fine without him and will continue to be fine without him.
        Well, Atlantis doesn't really need Daniel Jackson, but I can see how people who have been following *Daniel's story* might see his going to Atlantis as a logical direction for this character. That said, he didn't really seem to do much when he did visit Atlantis in The Pegasus Project. As far as I could tell from that episode, his main interest in Atlantis seemed to be what information he could get to help in the fight against the Ori, not in exploring the city itself. So I'm having a hard time picturing what he would do in Atlantis, if he did get there, and all he had to do was just explore. Perhaps someone could fill me in? Not just a vague "he'll explore the Ancient databse, research the Ancients, etc" but something more concrete?
        Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
        -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
          Well, Atlantis doesn't really need Daniel Jackson, but I can see how people who have been following *Daniel's story* might see his going to Atlantis as a logical direction for this character. That said, he didn't really seem to do much when he did visit Atlantis in The Pegasus Project. As far as I could tell from that episode, his main interest in Atlantis seemed to be what information he could get to help in the fight against the Ori, not in exploring the city itself. So I'm having a hard time picturing what he would do in Atlantis, if he did get there, and all he had to do was just explore. Perhaps someone could fill me in? Not just a vague "he'll explore the Ancient databse, research the Ancients, etc" but something more concrete?
          That is exactly the point and what I have been trying to imply all along! Atlantis doesn't need Daniel Jackson. This whole discussion seems to be about "Daniel Jackson"-fans vs. "Atlantis"-fans (I'm not saying all DJ-fans or Atlantis-fans, so no generalisation intended). And I haven't heard one plausible statement as to why Atlantis would need Daniel Jackson. This whole thread, however, is about Atlantis, not the characters.

A thread "Would the character DJ benefit from going to Atlantis" would be a whole different story. But this thread is about Atlantis and whether or not more crossovers would hurt it... What Daniel Jackson does and doesn't want doesn't matter!
          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I personally do not want any SG-1 character to become a full time SGA character. A breif visit is ok, but nothing more. There is just no reason to have Sam or Daniel on SGA. They've had their time on SG-1, give some new people a chance for cryin out loud. I like both Sam and Daniel too, but they don't belong on SGA. Putting either one on SGA will muddy the character dynamic. A lot of those saying that Daniel deserves or needs to go to Atlantis, or SGA can't survive without them, is just a bunch of fanwank.
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

I, as a huge SG-1 fan, wouldn't mind at all seeing Daniel or Sam on SGA from time to time. But I don't think they need to be around all of the time. That's why it will be interesting to see how they pull off this whole Carter move next season.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                A lot of those saying that Daniel deserves or needs to go to Atlantis, or SGA can't survive without them, is just a bunch of fanwank.
                The same can be said about those that think the opposite

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                  The same can be said about those that think the opposite
                  Hmmm, not really. Most just don't want those kinds of changes that muddy the water. I just don't think that any SG-1 character is going to make any improvement to the ratings. And as far as the writing goes, if they can't write for the characters already there, what makes you believe they can write for a SG-1 character?

Comment

Hmmm, not really
                    Yes really because in the end it is all opinions. The rest depends on how mature the person is to be able to accept the fact that other people think differently

Comment

Hmmm, not really. Most just don't want those kinds of changes that muddy the water. I just don't think that any SG-1 character is going to make any improvement to the ratings. And as far as the writing goes, if they can't write for the characters already there, what makes you believe they can write for a SG-1 character?
                      Well the SG-1 showrunners are coming to SGA so maybe the crap writing for SGA will continue but the sections of the script for Carter will be done as well as most SG-1 episodes are. After Carter has finished her 14 episodes i seriously hope she goes back to Earth and then we'll only hear from SG-1 every one or two episodes per season thats all it needs Atlantis maybe a spin-off but the worst thing to do with a spin-off is to make it a clone of the parent show and even transplant characters from the parent into the spin-off for a long time

Comment

I just looked this up, and it is a bit funny.

An incidence of or preoccupation with excessively fannish behavior, such as filking, wearing of costuming relating to the target of the obsession, or over-identification with a particular character.

Comment

that screams Star Trek nerds lol

Comment

Filking? What's that? Sounds dirty...

Comment

I know... *shifty* that sounds like a masked sexual reference

Comment

Near as I can tell, "filking" is to write/sing fannish songs, usually by parodying lyrics to well-known songs.
                                Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                                Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                                -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Working...
                                X