Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened to that little asgard on the Deadalus anyhow...?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Is he not still there hermiod right?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
        Yeah, he's their head stunt guy, whatever that positon is called.

Here's Siler from Rising.
        http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...rising1648.jpg

I don't have a cap of Siler from Return 1, but
        Spoiler:
        he was in the jumper when Shep and team came in to steal it, and Shep zatted him, then threw him out of the jumper.

As for people saying SG-1 is taking over, I get your point that Carter alone isn't SG-1. But aside from a few extreme povs, most of the posts I've seen relating to this were to the effect that since Carter is already coming over for 14 episodes, the addition of any more SG-1 characters, even for one-off guest spots, would feel like SG-1 taking over.

The first time I ever saw that scene in the commercials back in July 04, I was mad because I thought Atlantis was taking Siler from the SGC, when I tuned in July 16, 2004, I was relieved that the scene took place in the SGC and that he didn't go to Atlantis. Did anyone else think that?

AGT58
        Last edited by Skydiver; 30 January 2007, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Early on there were very few SG1 characters appearing in Atlantis (in series 1, there were about 4(well 5 if you count Carter in letters from Pegasus) ) and more appearing in later seasons. (Like Landry appearing several times)

If anything, they should be reducing the number of number of appearances, since the show is developing on it's own and shouldn't need as much of a connection to SG1. Also, it's not very good for increasing it's appeal, I mean - the show isn't exactly accessible to non gaters now is it?

And for anyone who wants more SG1 characters in Atlantis, especially full time (like bringing Daniel in) I can only say this:

Originally posted by the_dark_light
          SG-1 is gone, get over it!
          The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

There were only 3 crossover episodes in Season 1 with 3 more in Season 6. Wow, 6 episodes out of 40. Yep, it's Atlantis SG-1!

In Season 3, 10 episodes have aired so far (in the U.S.), and five of those have been crossover episodes. I am susprised there are so many! Did Landry, Woosley, and Harriman take away from "No Man's Land?" Did Woosley and Harriman take away from "Misbegotten?" Did fantasy O'Neill take away from "The Real World?" How about Carter in "McKay and Mrs. Miller?" Oh, but let's not forget "The Return, Part 1" where we get to see O'Neill, Landry, Woosley, Lee, and Harriman. Was the SG:A cast even in that episode?

Come on now...

Those of you who feel SG-1 is taking over Atlantis, provide us a list of crossover episodes you feel was detrimental to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              There were only 3 crossover episodes in Season 1 with 3 more in Season 6. Wow, 6 episodes out of 40. Yep, it's Atlantis SG-1!

In Season 3, 10 episodes have aired so far (in the U.S.), and five of those have been crossover episodes. I am susprised there are so many! Did Landry, Woosley, and Harriman take away from "No Man's Land?" Did Woosley and Harriman take away from "Misbegotten?" Did fantasy O'Neill take away from "The Real World?" How about Carter in "McKay and Mrs. Miller?" Oh, but let's not forget "The Return, Part 1" where we get to see O'Neill, Landry, Woosley, Lee, and Harriman. Was the SG:A cast even in that episode?

Come on now...

Those of you who feel SG-1 is taking over Atlantis, provide us a list of crossover episodes you feel was detrimental to the show.
              You are contradicting yourself - as previously mentioned in posts above, no-one is saying that SG1 HAS TAKEN or DID TAKE over SGA.. there is no past tense here so your repetition of crossover information about the first two and even three series is irrelevant.

What people are concerned about - specifically with relation to YOUR TOPIC for this thread as regards the possibility of Daniel appearing in SGA in the future - is that with a major SG1 character already appearing in 14 episodes out of 20, any further crossovers of SG1 characters would - to many SGA fans, particularly those of use who are not particularly interested in SG1 characters and who actually like the SGA cast just the way it is - feel like too much SG1 influence in SGA and too much screentime devoted to characters who are not intrinsicly part of the show - unlike the current cast who have been on the show for a solid 2-3 years.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                You are contradicting yourself - as previously mentioned in posts above, no-one is saying that SG1 HAS TAKEN or DID TAKE over SGA.. there is no past tense here so your repetition of crossover information about the first two and even three series is irrelevant.
                I am talking about GateWorld's forum members who complain about SG-1 taking over SG:A. I got irritated with these claims, so I created with this thread.

What people are concerned about - specifically with relation to YOUR TOPIC for this thread as regards the possibility of Daniel appearing in SGA in the future - is that with a major SG1 character already appearing in 14 episodes out of 20, any further crossovers of SG1 characters would - to many SGA fans, particularly those of use who are not particularly interested in SG1 characters and who actually like the SGA cast just the way it is - feel like too much SG1 influence in SGA and too much screentime devoted to characters who are not intrinsicly part of the show - unlike the current cast who have been on the show for a solid 2-3 years.
                Why would they feel that way when all of the crossover episodes thus far have not done this?

Comment

Come on now...

You still don't get the whole point, do you?

While personally I think that Carter in GuP and O'Neill/Woosley in Return Part I did take away from the Atlantis cast, this isn't the subject...

All this concern is about SEASON 4!!!!! It is about having Carter over for 14 episodes and still having people demand that other SG-1 characters cross over.

Don't even start saying that Carter, Daniel and Jack in Atlantis would not affect its real cast in Season 4. It is ridiculous!
                  *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I know we are talking about Season 4. I am using existing crossover episodes as a frame of reference. As I have stated before, provide a list of crossover episodes that you feel took away from the SG:A cast.

Comment

The two eps where SG-1 characters were heavily featured did take away from the Atlantis cast as I have already stated.

And you can't seriously even try to compare the 5 second appearances of other SG-1 characters in eps like LFP to Carter being in 14 eps in Season 4 and your demand to bring even more SG-1 people over.. That's just naiive.

When will you be satisfied? You got the movies, you got Carter in Atlantis - all this despite the fact that SG-1 has been canceled..

Ok, I know the answer - when Michael Shanks continues his role as DJ on Atlantis. That's just so incredibly selfish...

Comment

I know we are talking about Season 4. I am using existing crossover episodes as a frame of reference. As I have stated before, provide a list of crossover episodes that you feel took away from the SG:A cast.
                        Okay, suppose we stipulate, for argument's sake, that no crossover episode in S1-S3 took away from the regular Atlantis cast. What does that prove in regards to S4? The situation we have in S4, where a major SG-1 character will appear in 14 out of 20 episodes, has never happened before. According to your research, SG-1 characters have so far appeared in 11 out of 59 episodes (we don't know yet if any will appear in First Strike). 14/20 = 70%, as opposed to 11/59, which is a little less than 20%. How can one situation be used to draw any conclusions about what happens with the other?
                        Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                        -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
                          The two eps where SG-1 characters were heavily featured did take away from the Atlantis cast as I have already stated.
                          You didn't like "Grace Under Pressure?" To be fair, this was a McKay episode. Whut if he had been hallucinating a random woman instead? Would that have been better? In "The Return, Part 1," O'Neill, Landry, and Woosley did get a lot of screen time, but I didn't really notice this taking away from the SG:A cast.

And you can't seriously even try to compare the 5 second appearances of other SG-1 characters in eps like LFP to Carter being in 14 eps in Season 4 and your demand to bring even more SG-1 people over.. That's just naiive.
                          Sure I can, because who's to say Carter will be through out each of her episodes? Tapping has said that she will be on the set 4 days a week for each of her episodes. That means she'll be there for 14 of 20 episodes, 20 or so minutes per episode at the most when episodes are 42 minutes long. OK, so maybe Carter is being an intrusion to some fans. I'm sorry, but it's Carter taking over Atlantis, not SG-1. If Shanks returns for one episode as "Daniel Jackson," that's not going to hurt the show. Wanna know why? He's already an Atlantis character, he was in "Rising" for crying out loud! I am not demanding to "bring even more SG-1 people over." I personally would like to see Daniel Jackson guest star for one episode in Season 4. That's one person in one episode, not people as you claim.

When will you be satisfied?
                          I am satisfied, but I still want to see DJ in another episode.

You got the movies...
                          Those are SG-1 movies without the Atlantis cast, so that doesn't count.

...you got Carter in Atlantis...
                          Well, to be frank, she's already been in three episodes. We didn't get Carter, but more accurately got more of Carter.

...all this despite the fact that SG-1 has been canceled..
                          I'm fine with SG-1 being cancelled, 10 years is a long run. I do not want the SG-1 cast to move over to Atlantis, I just want Michael Shanks to guest star in one episode as "Daniel Jackson." Yeah, he went to Atlantis in SG-1, but I also want to see him go to Atlantis from SG:A's point of view.

Ok, I know the answer - when Michael Shanks continues his role as DJ on Atlantis. That's just so incredibly selfish...
                          One episode is incredibly selfish? Wow...

Comment

I'm making this a separate post, because my previous one was quite long.
                            Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                            Okay, suppose we stipulate, for argument's sake, that no crossover episode in S1-S3 took away from the regular Atlantis cast. What does that prove in regards to S4? The situation we have in S4, where a major SG-1 character will appear in 14 out of 20 episodes, has never happened before. According to your research, SG-1 characters have so far appeared in 11 out of 59 episodes (we don't know yet if any will appear in First Strike). 14/20 = 70%, as opposed to 11/59, which is a little less than 20%. How can one situation be used to draw any conclusions about what happens with the other?
                            I was talking about individual episodes, not the series as a whole. Yes, Carter in 14 episodes is much different than having 3-5 crossover episodes a year. However, that does not mean that the individual episodes will be effected.

Also, consider this... Michael Dorn played "Worf" for all 7 years of Star Trek: The Next Generation, the final two years overlapping the first two years of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The Ent-D visted DS9 in DS9's first episode with Picard as the special guest star. Then in TNG's final season (DS9's 2nd season), the Ent-D visited DS9 again with DS9's Dr. Bashir as a special guest star. Worf visited the space station durng this episode. After TNG ended, DS9 continued for a 3rd season. At the start of DS9's 4th season, Michael Dorn joined the main cast as "Worf," upping the main cast from 8 to 9, a cast much larger than that of SG:A. Further, Worf was the chief of security on TNG. Odo is the chief of security on DS9. Whut does Worf do on DS9? He's called the "chief of strategic opperations" on the show. Did Worf take away from the rest of the cast? No. Did Worf take away from Odo? No.

This is exactly the same situation Stargate is in, but Atlantis is better off than DS9 was. Worf was on DS9 as a main character, meaning every episode or nearly every episode and stayed on the show until it ended. Carter will simply be a recurring character for about 3/4 of the season. Since she is a recurring character, that means she doesn't necessarily have to return for Season 5 (assuming there is one).

Personally, I'm not worried. Carter on Atlantis, to me, is Worf on DS9.

Comment

You didn't like "Grace Under Pressure?" To be fair, this was a McKay episode. Whut if he had been hallucinating a random woman instead? Would that have been better? In "The Return, Part 1," O'Neill, Landry, and Woosley did get a lot of screen time, but I didn't really notice this taking away from the SG:A cast.
                              Random woman? What relationship does McKay have with random women?? It would have been better if he had imagined Teyla, Weir or Sheppard in the PJ as part of his team and very important people to him...

Sure I can, because who's to say Carter will be through out each of her episodes? Tapping has said that she will be on the set 4 days a week for each of her episodes. That means she'll be there for 14 of 20 episodes, 20 or so minutes per episode at the most when episodes are 42 minutes long. OK, so maybe Carter is being an intrusion to some fans. I'm sorry, but it's Carter taking over Atlantis, not SG-1. If Shanks returns for one episode as "Daniel Jackson," that's not going to hurt the show. Wanna know why? He's already an Atlantis character, he was in "Rising" for crying out loud! I am not demanding to "bring even more SG-1 people over." I personally would like to see Daniel Jackson guest star for one episode in Season 4. That's one person in one episode, not people as you claim.
                              No! If every fan got their favorite character to Atlantis, what would we get? Even if it is just for one episode. They are different shows, how often do I have to repeat that?
                              You seriously claim that DJ is an Atlantis character? I won't even dignify that with a response
                              That way I see it, you want the right to have your favorite character over and other people shouldn't get their wishes granted? Where would you draw the line?
                              I tell you where I am: We have no choice but to deal with Carter and that's enough to deal with already. NOT ONE EPISODE more!!!
                              I am satisfied, but I still want to see DJ in another episode.
                              That means that you're not satisfied. If they'd give you one now, who is to say you wouldn't claim how well it worked out and ask for another?

Those are SG-1 movies without the Atlantis cast, so that doesn't count.
                              It is a means to keep SG-1 alive, so it counts. Moving even more SG-1 characters over would mean trying to keep it artificially alive.

Well, to be frank, she's already been in three episodes. We didn't get Carter, but more accurately got more of Carter.

I'm fine with SG-1 being cancelled, 10 years is a long run. I do not want the SG-1 cast to move over to Atlantis, I just want Michael Shanks to guest star in one episode as "Daniel Jackson." Yeah, he went to Atlantis in SG-1, but I also want to see him go to Atlantis from SG:A's point of view.

One episode is incredibly selfish? Wow...
                              As already said, you want DJ, little Freddie wants O'Neill, little Tina wants Teal'c, aunt Grace wants Mitchell and Tom wants Vala...

Yes, one episode is selfish! Unless it's only supposed to be Daniel Jackson. Then that would mean that fans of other characters shouldn't get their wish granted. Where does that leave us? --- selfish.
                              Last edited by caty; 30 January 2007, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I was talking about individual episodes, not the series as a whole. Yes, Carter in 14 episodes is much different than having 3-5 crossover episodes a year. However, that does not mean that the individual episodes will be effected.
                                I accept that that was your intention, but that's not what you *did*. You started this thread by listing all crossover appearances by SG-1 characters to date, thereby effectivelty making this discussion about the effects of crossover episodes on the series as a whole.

Unfortunately, things don't take place in a vacuum. I'm sure that if Carter wasn't already appearing in Atlantis for 14 episodes in S4, there would be a lot more support for your idea of having Daniel in one episode. Heck, I'd support having him in 2-3 episodes! But knowing that Carter is already in 14 episodes, my enthusiasm for seeing Daniel in Atlantis has waned considerably, and apparently I'm not alone in feeling this way.
                                Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                                Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                                -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Working...
                                X